Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

North By Northwest. Looking at it now, it might seem a bit cheesy, but it's still a very good film. Cary Grant has to be one of the coolest actors of all time.

The auction sequence in North by Northwest is still one of the funniest I've seen on film, and all the better as it happens within a thriller...Grant had perfect comic timing throughout.

The auction sequence in North by Northwest is still one of the funniest I've seen on film, and all the better as it happens within a thriller...Grant had perfect comic timing throughout.
One of the coolest things about Grant is that he wasn't afraid to do the slap stick/cheesy comedy because he did it so well. Charade is another great movie with him, and Audrey Hepburn. In fact, I might watch that today.

One of the coolest things about Grant is that he wasn't afraid to do the slap stick/cheesy comedy because he did it so well. Charade is another great movie with him, and Audrey Hepburn. In fact, I might watch that today.

Charade was great but he looked really old while Hepburn looked fantastic.

Saw The Wrestler yesterday. Really good movie. The role perfectly suited Mickey Rourke.

28 days later

OK, something in the middle of horror and thriller. And don't be fooled like myself, that is not Ralph Fiennes. But the similarity between him and Christopher Eccleston who actually acts there is scary. :eek:

Ordered it from lovefilm last week, should be arriving soon. Trailer looked eerie.

Wait Until Dark?

Watched 'Let the Right One In'. Was a good film about a young vampire and a bullied boy, who found friendship. Even though the movie was about a vampire, I wouldn't actually say it was a vampire movie per se, or should I say a regular run of the mill vampire movie. To me it was a film about loneliness and friendship. I've read in many places that it was scary, but I didn't think so, mainly due to the fact the viewer was made to empathise with the vampire child, 'it's not her fault she was born this way', even after a kill your sympathy lay firmly with the hunter. Ending was very weak, though, in fact it had a silly deus ex machina moment, which spoiled it a tad for me. Having said that, I'd recommend it. A vampire film with a difference - One that delved quite deep.

Apocalypto.

Having read some of your reviews in this thread (Spoons, I'm looking at you), one might believe it wasn't very good.

But I must disagree. Spoons thinks it's not very authentic and some of you seem to have completely misunderstood the whole point of a chase movie. Overall it's fecking intense and entertaining, I really enjoyed it.

Idiocracy

Randomly saw this the other night, directed by Mike Judge and starring Luke Wilson. It is based on the premise that stupid people breed more than intelligent people and that in the future the earth will be populated by a load of morons (isnt it already ?!).
Nice idea but not as funny as it could have been.

6/10

Apocalypto.

Having read some of your reviews in this thread (Spoons, I'm looking at you), one might believe it wasn't very good.

But I must disagree. Spoons thinks it's not very authentic and some of you seem to have completely misunderstood the whole point of a chase movie. Overall it's fecking intense and entertaining, I really enjoyed it.

Okay, a dressed up chase movie. He could've set the film anywhere, in any place in time with the same lines, interaction and jokes. . .and it would've done the same thing ie been totally average and forgettable yet looked great without a hint of authenticity. He may as well have set the film the modern day NY.

Happy new year Spoony and Spammy. Going to continue getting drunk now.

Le Clan des Siciliens

Delicate mob crime matter with a dusky atmosphere and great music. A bit foolish ending though. But still very good.

Eagle Eye
I was very pessimistic when I saw the main 2 actors as they did some shitty movies before but this one right here is my favorite movie of 2008. Amazing from start to end, the plot and twists were very well implemented

Eagle Eye
I was very pessimistic when I saw the main 2 actors as they did some shitty movies before but this one right here is my favorite movie of 2008. Amazing from start to end, the plot and twists were very well implemented
I thought it started out well then turned into a pile.

Wicker Park. feck's sake people, use cell phones.

Traitor 6/10

Don Cheadle & Guy pearce play good parts, opening scene is excellent, although a rather slow & predictable plot.

The ending was also weak. I mean, putting all the terrorist in one bus?

Watched The Spirit this afternoon. What a load of shite. I'm a fan of the genre (comic book adaptation), but this has gotta be the worst of its kind.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

I thought it was superb. Really enjoyed it, even though it's fecking long!

9/10

Inside (aka À l'intérieur) 6/10

Christ. What a fecking bleak film this was. And Beatrice Dalle... what the feck happened to her face? She looks like Mickey Rourke.

Anyway, it was better than Switchblade Romance and Frontiers (which are quite similar in the gory fecked-up stakes). Don't watch it if you're pregnant, though.

Watched 'Fantastic Four' on the tv tonight - used to love the cartoon when i was a kid so was interested to see how it translated to film but the plot was just cringeworthy.

4/10