Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Wanted. I love movies about assassins, how could you not, but this one was a disappointment. Why do people insist on making completely over the top stunts like some of the ones in here?

Yeah it is such a stupid movie, at least you get to see Angelinas backside, but yeah the stunts were so stupid it isnt even funny

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy over the top action, but some of the stuff they try to pull off these days.......

Yeah I dont understand how you can curve a bullet by slinging your arm when you shoot a bullet, wait let me try it, oopps just shot myself in the thigh(see Plaxico Burress if you are lost on that one)

Yeah I dont understand how you can curve a bullet by slinging your arm when you shoot a bullet, wait let me try it, oopps just shot myself in the thigh(see Plaxico Burress if you are lost on that one)
Oddly enough the bending of the bullet thing didn't really bother me. It was all the car shit that lost it for me.

I saw The Dark Knight for the first time yesterday. I am a little bit disappointed to the level of expectations I had. But I will definitely give it another try.

Quantum of Solace

6/10

It's just not Bond anymore. It feels like they're tending to the younger audiences who thinks the old Bond movies were too corny and boring, and now they're making them more like Bourne.

Saw Quantum of Solace last night. very enjoyable I thought. it's very different to the old Bond films but imo that's not a bad thing. could have more of the gadgets though which were always fun to see. 8/10

Daniel Craig's Bond is much tougher, not suave and corny like the some of the older ones.

Quantum of Solace

6/10

It's just not Bond anymore. It feels like they're tending to the younger audiences who thinks the old Bond movies were too corny and boring, and now they're making them more like Bourne.

It did have a Bond Ultimatum type feel to it.

The "new" Bond is much closer to the Bond books, an a real improvement over the corny, one-line quipping, smarmy cnut they used to have. I do agree that they didn't need to film the action sequences like the Bourne ones.

Finally (and i don't know why it took me so long) got a round to watching Memento... Had slightly high expectations for this film so this may have effected my viewing, but none the less it was another great film by Mr. Nolan - 8.5/10 for me!! :)

And it's a fantastic movie by all accounts. Unfortunate for you if you somehow dont see the entertainment in it.

I wasn't probably in the mood to catch it all. But as I said I will definitely give it another try.

Don't get into Burn After Reading with high expectations. Just sit back and relax. That's the way to watch any of the Coen brothers' movies tbh.

Sex With Strangers
Fairly absorbing doco following the trials of three swinger couples somewhere in the American south. These included a quite attractive and good-natured ginger nymphomaniac nurse and her potty-mouthed paramedic husband, one buck-toothed man and his rather portly depressive wife and a bizzare trio of young lovers in which one guy has to manage the often testy relationship between his girlfriend and his mistress. Among the highlights were when the ginger nympho and her husband were involved in a six-way group orgy until the husband walked out in a strop because one of the other men in the orgy politely asked him to move his so he could have his turn. A further highlight was observing the threesome dancing at a nightclub and then later causing a scene as they argued over whose turn it was to sleep with the guy. The girlfriend and the mistress proceeded to continue a catty arguement for a week until it was briefly resolved with the mistress and the girlfriend fecking each other with strap-ons.

In fairness though, it was a lot more than the bizzare freakshow I'm making it sound like it was. There was genuine human drama as well as interesting insight into the swinger subculture.

7/10

Saw the departed again last night, fantastic movie... i understood alot more of the rambling at the start this time around.

excellent film - didn't like the end tho.
watched four christmases last night - that's one hour and 35 minutes of my life i'll never get back :(

The wife suggested we go see that the other night and I told her to take someone else. Good move I take it?

RocknRolla

Entertaining enough. Typical Guy Ritchie, which isn't a bad thing in my books.

Gladiator, 9.7/10

The Insider put Crowe on the map, this movie made him a 20 million dollar a film superstar adn righteously so it is fecking awesome