Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Remember the Titans is overrated, decent film, but nothing special

Christofaux / muller... just checked wiki about "Coach Carter" and "Remember The Titans". Don't know if you've seen it but "Gridiron Gang" is a film in a similar sorta of mould I am guessing, I personally thought "This is going to blow" as I know nothing about American Football, but completely loved the film.

It has Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson in it too which was an added bonus

Christofaux / muller... just checked wiki about "Coach Carter" and "Remember The Titans". Don't know if you've seen it but "Gridiron Gang" is a film in a similar sorta of mould I am guessing, I personally thought "This is going to blow" as I know nothing about American Football, but completely loved the film.

Is it another spin off of the longest yard? Along hte lines of mean machine and Adam sandlers longest yard?

Is it another spin off of the longest yard? Along hte lines of mean machine and Adam sandlers longest yard?

Nope, it's like a detention centre, but the guy who runs it (The Rock), tries to get the kids to stop fighting and look past gang culture to form an American Football team.

Should've written that first so I didn't have to read through your whole post!

Thanks for the suggestion pal, i'll try to check it out!

Remember the Titans is overrated, decent film, but nothing special

Fair enough, but I wouldn't say its overrated. Over here, not many people have actually seen it, or heard of it.

The Lookout. Not a half bad movie. Worth a viewing.

For some reason a find it very annoying. Joseph Gordon - Levitt may be the reason.

Beowulf

Very good but still...animated characters lacked a human dimension. But visually it was fantastic, also the music was very enjoyable.

I watched Ghost Town at the weekend. Just come out at the cinema.

In brief: Ricky Gervais is the lead character, he goes for an operation which goes a bit wrong and dies for 7 minutes. He is revived and after the op can see and speak to the dead who want him to solve their unfinished business, one guy in particular will not leave him alone.

Worth a watch? Yes. Particularly if you're a fan of Ricky Gervais, which if you are then I'd imagine you'd go and see it anyway. If you're not much of a fan of his, I think you'd still enjoy it since it's very well written, funny and has a warming story throughout as well. Gervais plays his character in his own typical style, there are elements of his stand-up, Brent and Andy Millman in there as well as - at times - a more serious side that he does well. Very funny and the support cast play their part in that as well, I recommend.

Pineapple Express Utterly dire. A complete waste of time. It makes SuperBad look like Oscar material. Only masochists need watch. Acting that tries so hard it is embarrassing, stupid plot and not even vaguely funny. 0.01/10

We Own The Night A well cast thriller. Well acted, well directed if a tad predictable and one paced but well worth a watch. 7.5/10

Across The Universe A musical using a huge number of Beatles tunes. I'm not going to give it a rating because it is far from perfect, with character development suffering as it often does with an out and out musical film, which would mean I couldn't give it as high a score as I would like. However, there are so many positives about this film, which is very experimental in comparison to most Hollywood films, that I think everyone who isn't tone deaf should see it. I enjoyed it more than I have enjoyed a film in quite some time. So just go and see it even if just for the cinematography and music.

Burn After Reading - Didn't know much about it before putting it on, but turned out to be pretty good. Very funny.
redstar_matte_tan_transp.gif

Don't know, I'm not going to watch it until there's a dvdrip around.

Edit: Might watch it in a month, when it gets to the theatres in Sweden.

There's an R5 that's been out a few days now, perfect quality.

Good film Spoons, not sure where I'd rank it amongst other Coen films, but I'd give it at least 8/10

Oh and Clooney and Pitt are brilliant.

I've heard that several times before. You've got a screenie?

It's perfect quality, DVD quality.

I don't watch cams as I'm very picky about quality and will always wait until a good copy is out.

Audio and Video quality is 10/10.

Really? Will check it out then.

This is the release I downloaded.

Burn After Reading (2008) R5 DREAMLIGHT

It was full DVD size, ie about 4.7gb, but there is a Pukka release which is about 800mb, not sure how good quality this one is though.

Before the Devil Knows You're Dead

Interesting, great acting...but I am already sick of all the multi-flashback ways of making movies.

The Constant Gardener. 20 minutes in and I wanted to throw my TV out the window. Rachel Weisz gives the most irritating performance of the most insufferable person I have ever seen on film. Then she is brutally murdered and the film becomes a pretty good thriller. Was not a big fan of City of God due to it's direction but The Constant Gardener is much more restrained and the story is allowed to breath.

7.5/10