Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Sleepy Hollow

Visually fantastic, disappointed with the story evolution.

Hulk 6/10

Iron Man 7.5/10

Vipers 2/10

Imdb gave Vipers a 4/10 which must be the bonus for it being short. feck's sake, worst movie I've ever watched. The cgi isn't even on par with the Joe Cole's Head on Fire animated gif on this forum.

Sleepy Hollow

Visually fantastic, disappointed with the story evolution.

I loved this film, gothic at it's best the story could have been better, but Deep was good and cinematograghy was brilliant

I recently purchased the film "Waiting," heard it was funny any thoughts

Scent of a Woman

Vanilla Sky

Liked both of these movies, particularly Scent of a Woman.

The same. Saw it some time back. I keep forgetting to write reviews here. Rented Man of the Year yesterday and might go for Man on Wire sometime this weekend.

This thread is slowly dying. We've discussed every movie worth watching several times. Now the new posters come and bring up those same movies. We need to liven things up. Perhaps another list. Or the top 5 session we had once. That was fun. Whatever happened to cinc? And why doesn't Spammy post here any more?

Scent of a Woman

Vanilla Sky

Liked both of these movies, particularly Scent of a Woman.

Both good movies, remember Vanilla Sky got bad reviews but I thought it was a decent enough film

I'm (not) downloading The Fall, The Assassination of Jesse James and Persopolis.

The Assassination of Jesse James - fecking excellent, one of Pitt's better performances and Affleck is class; excellent story as well

I'm going to watch a nondownloaded version of Shiri later.

Did you like it? I thought that film was excellent.

I watched a Pakistani film called Khuda Kay Liye this eveing. The acting was pretty bad and it was a little one dimentional, but it had some interesting insights into some of the internal conflicts in Islam and it had a couple of very good bits of music in it.

I probably wouldnt recommend it to anyone, except those who want to be reminded that extremism is bad for the best part of three hours.

Awake

Very good. After 20 minutes you think: ok wtf could go wrong... And yet there is something.

Did you like it? I thought that film was excellent.

I watched a Pakistani film called Khuda Kay Liye this eveing. The acting was pretty bad and it was a little one dimentional, but it had some interesting insights into some of the internal conflicts in Islam and it had a couple of very good bits of music in it.

I probably wouldnt recommend it to anyone, except those who want to be reminded that extremism is bad for the best part of three hours.
Didn't end up watching it.

Iron Man was pretty darned good I thought. The plot was obvious but it did the job, nonetheless.

Persopolis does look interesting.

Scent of a Woman is great. As for the other, watch Abre Los Ojos - it's the original(and the superior film)

Loved the original. Didn't care much for the remake. It did have one brilliant song, Mondo 77 by Looper.

Abre Los Ojos is a great movie, Mondo 77 is a great song. Easy as!

I watched Smokin' Aces the other day. Basically I ended up watching the most mainstream movie I had since I tried to get a girl in bed with me. It was more raw and serious than I anticipated. But luckily I still managed to get the goods afterwards.

Smart People. It's supposed to be one of those engaging, thought provoking indie films. What it is a generic piece of filmmaking that doesn't lead to much with some subpar writing and directing. The only bright spot was Thomas Haden Church. It reminded me of The Savages, which I also did not care for.

3:10 - to Yuma

I am not a big fan of westerns, but great performances by Crowe and Bale made it a really enjoyable event. Obviously they gayed the ending.