Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Baby Mama. Another one I had to watch because of the missus and her sister. There were some funny parts and Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are a good onscreen duo, but there's really nothing special in it.

Baby Mama. Another one I had to watch because of the missus and her sister. There were some funny parts and Tina Fey and Amy Pohler are a good onscreen duo, but there's really nothing special in it.
Haha, how many movies do you watch each day? I wish I had the discipline to sit down for two hours as often as you do. I need a girlfriend with good taste in movies.

40 Year Old Virgin 7/10 (very funny)

Into The Wild 6/10 (tells a good story)

10,000BC 2/10 (takes an hour to get going. Decent ending, but too slow in the build up)

Rambo 7/10 (tremendous)

Sweenty Todd 7/10 (not big fan of muscials but its very well done)

The Good Shepherd 0.5 / 10 (and I'm normally a Matt Damian fan)

Planes Trains and Automobiles 9.8 / 10 (classic. VERY funny)

Probably about 2 a day. Back in 2004, I watched 4 a day. So I've gotten more of a life I suppose.
That must ruin the movies though. Some movies you just want to sink in for a while. I follow alot of series at the moment, so I end up watching 4-5 movies a month. Pretty bad, but you do remember the movies. The last 30 days I only got around to watch the new Rambo and Smokin Aces. :confused:

That must ruin the movies though. Some movies you just want to sink in for a while. I follow alot of series at the moment, so I end up watching 4-5 movies a month. Pretty bad, but you do remember the movies. The last 30 days I only got around to watch the new Rambo and Smokin Aces. :confused:
If there was a movie that I needed to watch it again, I'd watch it again(in addition to the 4 of that day). It certainly hasn't ruined movies, if anything it's made them better. I feel I can appreciate them more because I can see styles and references is them.

I'm just a guy who loves movies. A lot.

If there was a movie that I needed to watch it again, I'd watch it again(in addition to the 4 of that day). It certainly hasn't ruined movies, if anything it's made them better. I feel I can appreciate them more because I can see styles and references is them.

I'm just a guy who loves movies. A lot.
Of course it's more fun to watch movies when you've seen alot of them. It's just that maybe watching only one every night would make it a bigger impact on you. When I watched Lost Highway four years ago I couldn't walk through my apartment to the bathroom cos the light switch was too far away. :lol: I just love the feeling of a movie scaring you even more when you write about it afterwards. If I'd put on Big Momma's House II after watching Lost Highway it would completely ruin it for me.

I love movies as well, studied film production for three years and my dream is to write and direct. I just have to get my head out of my arse and start doing stuff instead of slacking and working hours here and there. I spend alot more time on the caf than I do in my couch watching movies, which is kind of sad.

I've watched 1405 movies in my life that I know of, but only 55 this year. :annoyed: The fact that I came home from asia in the end of april could play a part, but still..

Of course it's more fun to watch movies when you've seen alot of them. It's just that maybe watching only one every night would make it a bigger impact on you. When I watched Lost Highway four years ago I couldn't walk through my apartment to the bathroom cos the light switch was too far away. :lol: I just love the feeling of a movie scaring you even more when you write about it afterwards. If I'd put on Big Momma's House II after watching Lost Highway it would completely ruin it for me.

I love movies as well, studied film production for three years and my dream is to write and direct. I just have to get my head out of my arse and start doing stuff instead of slacking and working hours here and there. I spend alot more time on the caf than I do in my couch watching movies, which is kind of sad.

I've watched 1405 movies in my life that I know of, but only 55 this year. :annoyed: The fact that I came home from asia in the end of april could play a part, but still..
Usually the movies I watch during a day are of the same genre.

The Assassination of Jesse James - fecking excellent, one of Pitt's better performances and Affleck is class; excellent story as well

Never thought I'd see those words in the same sentence.

Saw 'The life of David Gale' today, with Kevin Spacey as David Gale, a man who's been sentenced to death but been working against the death sentence for a very long time.

8.5/10, see it!

Never thought I'd see those words in the same sentence.

Saw 'The life of David Gale' today, with Kevin Spacey as David Gale, a man who's been sentenced to death but been working against the death sentence for a very long time.

8.5/10, see it!
It has struck me as quite average from reading about it, but I haven't seen more than the toilet sex scene with Rhona Mitra. :drool:

The Savages If you like great acting and don't demand Die Hard levels of action then you will love this film. Hard to describe without spoiling the film but if you liked 3 Colours Blue then you will like this.9/10

Finally saw Key Largo last night. Another fine performance from Bogart but Edward Robinson was the real stand out actor in the movie. He was excellent in Double Indemnity was well.

V for Vendetta - 6/10 - Alright.

1984 - 7/10 - Strange, depressing, good film though.

In Bruges 8/10 - Loved it. Farrel and Fiennes were awesome. They even managed to squeeze in a Tottenham joke. :lol:

Hitman - 6.5 pretty good at either end, a bit dull in between; definitely see them doing a sequel

Boy A

A powerful film about a guy who gets released from serving a prison sentence for a murder he committed as a child.

8/10

Top drawer film, a real emotion stirrer. 9/10

Dont want to give anymore details as it would ruin it a little bit, just go out (or stay in) and get this film.

The setting is Manchester, although not sure it was filmed in Manchester?

Easily that much. I reckon I've got around 400-500 DVDs(originals) and I've not seen anywhere near as many as you.
I only own about 400 DVDs(product of being self employed and never having a steady paycheck). I'd say I've seen close to 10k(7k or so) movies, that's quite a bit for only being 25 and not really getting heavily into movies until I was 18.

I only own about 400 DVDs(product of being self employed and never having a steady paycheck). I'd say I've seen close to 10k(7k or so) movies, that's quite a bit for only being 25 and not really getting heavily into movies until I was 18.

Christ. I reckon I've seen over 2K. A lot of shit amongst that lot, though.