Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Righteous kill.

Your pretty much, err average, thriller movie with Al Pacino and De Niro.

7/10

7/10 is a fairly good score though, I was too busy this weekend to see Burn After Reading, but have heard good things from a few friends who saw it. It opened in first at around 20 mil

Wall E's Pixar's latest effort. I liked it, I suppose you could say the underlying message was about our dependance on technology. Oh and that some robots are bigger than others. . .

Doomsday - takes a bit of Mad MAx and a bit of Escape from New York and produces a big turd. I'd sniff that bird's black leggings though. :drool:

The Zodiac - I loves me a good thriller but the ending is unsatisfying(true or not).

Control - great soundtrack, great acting( Samantha Morton is a top actress). music aside, in the grand scheme of things, Curtis just wasn't *that* interesting....

Zodiak from 2007 was a superb movie. It's really hard to shoot a good crimi these days and Zodiak was top notch.

Election. Another good film from Johnny To. It's much slower than most of his other films, but still, it's a good one. Look forward to watching Election 2.

The Alexander Payne film? one of my favourites. Who's Johnny?

Edit: IMD tells me 'Hak se wui' my mistake.

i watched the Techno Viking's youtube video

def 10/10 recommended to all

Election 2. Every bit as good, and slow(but not in a bad way) as the first Election. I'm not saying the pace of this movie is for everybody, but it's definitely worth a watch after seeing the first one.

Donnie Darko

Watched it for the first time last night, was very late and I was very tired. Strange movie, pretty good.

Did not grasp the whole point of the movie, and missed some of the links (for example, Frank) - and usually I'm very good at this.

Frank also freaked me out.

On a side note, Maggie Gillenhall (sp) has aged horribly since this movie.

I watched mullet's mom's youtube video.

Def 3/10, couldn't do any special trick like candle blowing or sword fighting, so had to opt for the ordinary ping pong show which got repetitive after a while.

Sorry mate, I've been lax in my duties as her new quality control manager... Will def up my game.