Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I agree

In The Hands Of The Gods was a brilliant premise but it fizzled out when they ****** *** ***** *********.

There will be blood was a huge disappointment. Even worse than that New York Gangs embarasment of a few years ago.

My son started watching Speed Racer tonight and when we made him go to bed half way through his verdict was "It makes no sense".

If 9 year olds think it is rubbish I don't think they have much hope of getting their $120 mill back.

There will be blood was a huge disappointment. Even worse than that New York Gangs embarasment of a few years ago.
I agree about there will be blood. Too long for its own good
D.O.A. - Good classic film noir.

Here's a link to it in case anyone wants to watch it. http://www.archive.org/search.php?q...type:collection&sort=-avg_rating;-num_reviews
DOA is a fantastic noir. Have you seen Detour? Only 60ish minutes long, but quality as well.

My son started watching Speed Racer tonight and when we made him go to bed half way through his verdict was "It makes no sense".

If 9 year olds think it is rubbish I don't think they have much hope of getting their $120 mill back.

Yeah just the trailers alone left me saying, "WTF, why in feck would I pay to go see that crap it will be on HBO in a 6-9 months and if it is as shit as I think it is I can just change the channel"

I saw There Will Be Blood a couple of days ago. Thought it was brilliant. Acting was great and the sound design was spectacular. First 20 minutes with no dialogue :drool: - raw cinema.

10/10 I plan to watch it again this weekend.

I also thought TWBB was miles better than NCFOM. Deeply thought provoking in religion, family, materialism. Great stuff.

The Painted Veil

Quite amazingly boring. Don't watch it.

I quite enjoy watching Naomi Watts, she's pretty and a very good actress, but by the end I was praying for her to die of cholera

I thought the movie was pretty good. They just don't make movies like these anymore.

I liked Hellboy 2! It's not as good as the comics though.

What are you, like 10?

It was rubbish. The only redeeming factor being the effects and the creatures.

That flame-chick was the worst actress ever in the history of the world. Ever.

Machine Girl. This movie is clearly not to be taken very seriously. It's over the top and has no qualms with being so. Now I love gratuitous violence in movies as much if not more than the next guy, but I don't so much care for 'cheesy' violence. This had the potential to be one badass movie, but decided to go a different way with it.

Munich

Makes a horrific and fascinating story bland and uninteresting: violence begets violence, Jews have had it tough, Palestinians are people too, Daniel Craig being extremely distracting, revenge makes monsters of us all and a hackneyed twin towers closing shot. zzzzzz. .The usual Speilberg liberal fudge. I agree with what he is saying but it's more Guardian opinion column than a proper film.

Surely he must have one more 'man hunted by beast or monstrous machine' movie left in him.

Also watched There will be blood again. Every bit as good on 2nd viewing and firmly into my top ten favourites.

Munich was dire, it could have been really been good too, it just wasnt

Worst movie I’ve ever seen. How can they be allowed to make more films like that one?

Unfortunately, a lot of people still come back for more. This time it's 'Disaster Movie', currently No1 on the IMDb list of the worst films ever made. It will make lots of money. :(

DeathRace-poster.jpg

Death Race (2008)

fecking quality action movie

8/10

I think it was a black comedy, horror, action flick. So, yes parts of it were meant to be funny.

Watch 'Save the Green Planet', it's as good as any Korean film I've seen, and covers just about every film genre known to man, whilst paying homage to a few Hollywood flicks. Highly recommended.

I've just watched this. Insane, then disturbing, then sad, then insane again.

I can see why you liked it, being a Miike fan and all, but it just didn't do it for me. I loved some of the director's treatments of insanity and disenfranchisement, mind.

Apparently the ending was supposed to be real (according to Korean posters on the IMDB forums) which takes a bit away from the movie as well.

I've just watched this. Insane, then disturbing, then sad, then insane again.

I can see why you liked it, being a Miike fan and all, but it just didn't do it for me. I loved some of the director's treatments of insanity and disenfranchisement, mind.

Apparently the ending was supposed to be real (according to Korean posters on the IMDB forums) which takes a bit away from the movie as well.

Nah, the ending wasn't suppose to be real(according to the director. as well). Those Korean posters clearly didn't get the film.

Nah, the ending wasn't suppose to be real(according to the director. as well). Those Korean posters clearly didn't get the film.

Yeah I kinda hoped so. It makes sense in a drug-induced, criminally insane sort of way.

I think I'm desensitised to gore as a plot device. I wanted to like this but just couldn't in the end.

I watched Paprika after your recommendation a few months ago though. I've never said no to a bit of unbridled craziness, and I have to say I really liked that.

Next on my list will be The Chaser. I've heard good things, but we'll see.

Yeah I kinda hoped so. It makes sense in a drug-induced, criminally insane sort of way.

I think I'm desensitised to gore as a plot device. I wanted to like this but just couldn't in the end.

I watched Paprika after your recommendation a few months ago though. I've never said no to a bit of unbridled craziness, and I have to say I really liked that.

Have just put Paprika on my list of movies to watch this week.

Happens, we can't all love the same films. And Paprika was brilliant, if ever David Lynch makes an anime, it'd be just like Paprika.

Not seen The Chaser, look forward to reading what you thought of it.