Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Sukiyaki Western Django. My biggest complaint with Miike is that he always starts off well, then goes way too far with the absurdity. In this though, he dials it back a fair bit and because of it, I actually really liked this movie. It's a remake, sort to speak, of Yojimbo/Fistful of Dollars and Django(as the title suggests). It's one of those movies where if you accept it for what it is and go along with it, it's a fairly entertaining movie. I haven't seen much Miike since about 2004. If he is beginning to tone down his movies a bit, I look forward to what he has to offer. Spoonov, I recommend you watch this one.

3:10 to Yuma

*spoiler alert*

Pretty good all the way through until the end, where it turned to shit.

Just watched a whole load of films downloaded on my PSP while on holiday, though Id review each one.

American Psycho [2000]

What a load of boring bollocks, Christian Bale plays some unlikeable psychotic rich bastard who likes to feck and kill. Dark Humour but not even funny, picked up abit near the end but wasnt enough to save it, and the ending made the film seem kinda pointless. - 4/10

The Big Lebowski [1998]

Supposedely a cult classic, so I decided to give it a watch. Seemed charming and funny at times but nothing really special - John Goodmans character was pretty hilarious though. Still I enjoyed it. - 7/10

Infernal Affairs [2002]

Having watched The Departed I thought I might as well give this film a shot. Loved every minute of it and betters The Departed in every way possible. Brilliant movie. - 9/10 (the sequels any good btw?)

Infernal Affairs [2002]

Having watched The Departed I thought I might as well give this film a shot. Loved every minute of it and betters The Departed in every way possible. Brilliant movie. - 9/10 (the sequels any good btw?)
Infernal Affairs shits all over The Departed. Infernal Affairs 2 is also brilliant. 3 is the worst of the trilogy.

Assassination of Jessie James by the Coward Robert Ford.

Really good film. It drags a tad in the middle but the final hour is brilliant. Also the cinimatography is very impressive, almost monochrome at times and I don't remember seeing as much black in one film. Shadows and silhouettes are everywhere.

Really good film. It drags a tad in the middle but the final hour is brilliant. Also the cinimatography is very impressive, almost monochrome at times and I don't remember seeing as much black in one film. Shadows and silhouettes are everywhere.

One of the worst films I've ever seen. Very boring, drags on interminably and then when something finally happened I realized I didn't give a shit probably due to not being American. You're right about the camerawork though. Very nice.

Oh and I pretty much agree with the American Psycho/Big Lebowski/Infernal Affairs reviews up the page. American Psycho's quite funny though and I'd give it a 5/10 and I love the Big Lebowski so I'd probably give that an eight or nine. Infernal Affairs trilogy is well worth watching.

Enron Smartest Guys in the Room.

Very good documentary. The level of deciet and greed is stunning. Makes you question the nature of large organisations and the relationship they have with the authorities/media and what we really know (or want to know) about them.

Reading some really good stuff about Tropic Thunder. Downey Jr. and the secret cast member (most of you probably who know that is) have done a really job apparently.

I thought it was pretty good as well

Enron Smartest Guys in the Room.

Very good documentary. The level of deciet and greed is stunning. Makes you question the nature of large organisations and the relationship they have with the authorities/media and what we really know (or want to know) about them.

The Crooked 'E'

Film about Enron too. Was fantastic for me, but then again I was just engrossed with the actual story, I didn't bother with the acting or anything like that.

Lucky Number Slevin - 9/10

Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

American Gangster

Not a great film but enjoyable enough. Not particularly original either, it felt like the Wire crossed with Serpico with a bit of the French connection thrown in but with all the meat and politics removed. Russel Crowe manages to give a good down beat performance which must be a first.

American Gangster

Not a great film but enjoyable enough. Not particularly original either, it felt like the Wire crossed with Serpico with a bit of the French connection thrown in but with all the meat and politics removed. Russel Crowe manages to give a good down beat performance which must be a first.

Don't even compare it to The Wire which 10/10, this was 7/10 at best, and was boring, and not nearly as good as it was made out to be

Well it ripped the whole surveillance style from the wire, it hinted at the bureaucracy and infighting that prevented the police from doing the job, they made Crowes character McNulty and Frank was Marlo played by Malcolm X.

I agree it's quality is in any way comparable though.

Do you like Ray Liotta's moments of madness? I do so Identity pleased me. Cusack maintained his very high standard so in one piece it was a pretty good movie. Although the main point was a little bit predicable but not to the full extent.

Do you like Ray Liotta's moments of madness? I do so Identity pleased me. Cusack maintained his very high standard so in one piece it was a pretty good movie. Although the main point was a little bit predicable but not to the full extent.
My problem with Identity is once I found out the plot twist I completely lost interest in the movie because I couldn't give a feck about the characters.

I liked the ending