Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Saw All the King's Men yesterday. Just a perfect speeches from Sean Penn doesn't make a good movie. It was decent.

saw 21 yesterday on the flight home.

was engaging but reminded me of something else that I couldn't put my finger on.
the lead guy was pretty good and the professor dude were good but the rest were forgettable. suppose part of the allure is the fact that every kid would love to be as brilliant as the main character.

may have enjoyed it more had I been at home and not having to take the earphones off every now and then to tell the kids to quiet down.
that and the crew telling me about the turbulence.

Hard Boiled. If you like action movies and have never seen this, go straight to a video store and pick it up. fecking excellent action movie.

Yes!

The Killer and the Better Tomorrow trilogy is also worth a watch if you like this sort of thing.

All of them have Chow Yun Fat in them, come to think of it.

400 Blows - I was very excited about watching this movie and had rather high expectations but it didn't quite live up to them. While it was a good movie just about every french movie I have seen before this has been better, Amelie, Z, Wages of Fear, Diabolique, Rfifi...

What a great film that is.

Amelie on the other hand didn't do anything for me.

Diary of the Dead 3/10

Sorry Romero but you missed the boat with this one. The longer it went on, the more I hated it.

Resident Evil: Apocalypse

THE WORST MOVIE EVER

I can't even think where to begin with this, so I'll leave it at that.

The United States of Leland 2/5

Disappointed.

Crap acting, crap characters, annoyingly flat story...you can't make a good psychological movie with Chris Klein in it... poor version of Donnie Darko or American Beauty.

The Kite Runner.

What a great film. hard to descibe without spoilers. Just go and watch it. 9/10

I've heard the book is squally good. I have it lying with me but I've been stuck with Les Miserables for a while now and don't want to leave it midway.

Anyone seen Night Watch (Russian movie)? Any good?

Yeah ages ago, I think I thought it was shit. At least I don't remember too much of it bar the fact I hold it in low regard.

Tried watching Daywatch a few days ago but had to return the DVD before I finished it, CBF watching it though.

Says it all really.

Goya's ghosts. Absolutely fantastic. I think I am going to to watch it again. Javier Bardem is a GOD! (literally :D)

Saw Amadeus yesterday...film about Mozart. Thought it was crap. Boring and too fecking long.

Michael Clayton

It was okay. Good acting performances all round, but the plot was so-so. I don't think I'd watch it again.

7/10