Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

i concur, horrible film
Just goes to show that Manchester United fans don't necessarily have to be smart or have good taste. It might be a little cliche and cute, but it's still a different enough, beautiful flick with great music that beats most crap out there that you probably watch.

Just goes to show that Manchester United fans don't necessarily have to be smart or have good taste. It might be a little cliche and cute, but it's still a different enough, beautiful flick with great music that beats most crap out there that you probably watch.

Overrated

A film being overrated doesn't mean it's horrible or despisable. That's just you being a drama queen. I guess you believe The Dark Knight is horrible as well?

I probably have a 100 posts on the forum praising the film dating back to when I saw I am Legend in IMAX and saw the first scene of the film, it's pure class

I saw Central Station last night, a brazilian flick.Wasn't too bad.

Two Women, an Iranian film....kind of random, but decent enough

I saw Central Station last night, a brazilian flick.Wasn't too bad.

Two Women, an Iranian film....kind of random, but decent enough

Central Station was an excellent film. Loved it.

Has anyone seen Persopolis? I have got it on standby, I am waiting for the right time to watch it. Apparently it is very good.

I have Persepolis lying at home but haven't seen it. Might see it tonight.

Saw In the Name of the Father after a long long time today. I'd forgotten how good Day-Lewis was in it. Quite excellent.

I have a course called Communication Theory which involves movie screenings every night, so feck off :p The prof is fantastic...he hates everything mainstream, has major leftist views but still maintains he's nothing close to a marxist, and his taste in movies is quite excellent.

Finally got round to watching pan's labyrinth after buying it a couple of months ago, I was a bit disappointed overall given some of the ratings it had received.

I felt the storyline was a bit weak and it should have a focused more on the fantasy side which was superb, would have liked to have seen more fairytale creatures, still a decent film and some great acting from the young girl.

Finally got round to watching pan's labyrinth after buying it a couple of months ago, I was a bit disappointed overall given some of the ratings it had received.

I felt the storyline was a bit weak and it should have a focused more on the fantasy side which was superb, would have liked to have seen more fairytale creatures, still a decent film and some great acting from the young girl.
Funnily enough I liked the more naturalistic parts of the film and got fecked off by the magic realism bloxso. I thought it was a lot better than The Orphanage which went more majico bolocko and was worse for it.

I think that's the first time we've both liked something, apart from Jessica Biel.

C'mon, Spam, you can do better than that.

Persepolis - One of the better animated movies. About an Iranian girl growing up in the 80s. Nice movie.

True. Got to me after a bit, as did that irritating background score. But decent nonetheless.

The Thin Red Line.

Good film, very beautiful at times. Goes weird in the end though.

Awful film. Pretentious bollocks with a ridiculous plot.

Just watched The Assassination of Jesse James. Rubbish. Nicely shot, like the thin red line actually, but drags on and on and when something finally happened I didn't give a feck about the plot anyway. Presumably because I'm not American.

Just saw The Exorcist (1973)

What a brilliant movie that is. Even though it was made 35 years ago it gives me more shivers then any other movie. I don't think I could imagine how shocked people were when it first came out.

I've heard that the novel is brilliant too.

I to hated The Thin Red Line. Looked good but was utter garbage and boring garbage at that.

Just saw The Exorcist (1973)

What a brilliant movie that is. Even though it was made 35 years ago it gives me more shivers then any other movie. I don't think I could imagine how shocked people were when it first came out.

I've heard that the novel is brilliant too.

Great film

The Bank Job - took a while for me to get into it, and not the greatest heist film, but still fairly entertaining.

Val Kilmer is a decent actor but it must be said his career has suffered as a result of the permanent rift between he and Cruise, who wields a ton of power in Hollywood. That said who doesnt love the Sherpa

I'm not sure I believe that. He isn't even very good at being Val Kilmer.

I hear what your saying Wibble, he's been in a few great films although never really shone. He's also been in some god awful films.

This film is different, the character he plays is brilliant. its a simple role for him, which is why I think it works.

Steven Dorf (spelling?) is also in this film and plays a good part.