Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Can't remember that for shit, but do recall enjoying it.

Wasnt really enjoyable, just shows a chilling reality - dont think I can watch it again. They should really show this movie to teens in schools and itll put em off drugs for life...or at least get the feckers to think twice.

Wasnt really enjoyable, just shows a chilling reality - dont think I can watch it again. They should really show this movie to teens in schools and itll put em off drugs for life...or at least get the feckers to think twice.

If I could remember it I might be able to agree or disagree with you.

Anchorman - absolutely hillarious. Best Will Ferell film by a mile. Come to think of it, its probably his only good movie.

Anchorman - absolutely hillarious. Best Will Ferell film by a mile. Come to think of it, its probably his only good movie.
Nah, all Will Ferrell movies have some charm. Being the best actor in the world at being over-the-top in a good way, he's always watchable. Stranger Than Fiction, the Austin Powers movies, A Night at the Roxbury, Elf, Semi-Pro, Talladega Nights, Blades of Glory, Wedding Crashers and Zoolander are all ok movies. Anchorman is his best though, I agree on that. It's basically 90 minutes of wetting your pants.

In Bruges

* note - super minor spoiler alert *

A humorous yet rather different movie, which in all was entertaining and worth a trip to the cinema for. The scenery was fantastic, a beautiful place is Bruges.

I didn't appreciate the dwarf humor, I felt a movie of this calibre didn't need to rely on something so immature that much.

Colin Farell actually displayed some rather good acting ability in this movie as his character is rather odd. He did it well.

That's all I can really say without spoiling the film.

Silence of the Lambs - Great.

Hannibal - Good, if you can look past some of the more unrealistic elements to the film.

Red Dragon - Average. None of the characters were inspiring, not even Hannibal himself was as imposing or menacing as in the other two.

Just watched The Forbidden Kingdom - kung fu film with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Was pretty shite really, there always has to be some snotty American kid who just happens to master Kung Fu in a few hours and then manage to pull some really hot bird.

Feckin directors.

Bah. I was getting really excited when I saw the trailer, but the whole white boy thing was always going to kill it.

I guarantee if this film wasn't made for the European/Western market they would've nailed it.

In Bruges

* note - super minor spoiler alert *

A humorous yet rather different movie, which in all was entertaining and worth a trip to the cinema for. The scenery was fantastic, a beautiful place is Bruges.

I didn't appreciate the dwarf humor, I felt a movie of this calibre didn't need to rely on something so immature that much.

Colin Farell actually displayed some rather good acting ability in this movie as his character is rather odd. He did it well.

That's all I can really say without spoiling the film.

<--------------:nervous:

:lol: Great film.

The Love Guru

Watched this last night, pretty funny, if your into Austin Powers this is pretty much similar, good film very funny in parts.

It looks fecking pathetic.

Movie aimed at people with an IQ of 5, least that's what it seemed.

BTW, I heard it was worse.

<--------------:nervous:

:lol: Great film.

Yeah I really enjoyed it, though the ending left me feeling wierd. Strange huh.

Also with the Dwarf thing I did have a laugh but I just felt it's overdone and tacky. Compared to the rest of the stuff it didn't seem too right to me.

Lost in Translation

Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansen.

To sum it up in one word - empty. Don't take that the wrong way, because I enjoyed it as it was humorous, though in a rather different way.

Same vein (as in feeling) to Life Aquatic.

Yeah I really enjoyed it, though the ending left me feeling wierd. Strange huh.

Also with the Dwarf thing I did have a laugh but I just felt it's overdone and tacky. Compared to the rest of the stuff it didn't seem too right to me.

Nah mate, don't agree at all, all PC bollocks if you ask me, it was funny and that's all that matters.

I didn't mean overdone in the film itself (because it was humorous, and showed the quirkiness of Farell's character), I meant overdone in general.

In Bruges. The trailer made it out to be something in the like of Snatch and co. There are parts that are like it, but there is much more to it than those movies(not to say I didn't like those movies). Overall I enjoyed it.

Perfect summary.

I watched The Departed again, I can't remember what I said last time but I've decided that it's shit.

Not enough Marky Mark for my liking.

Which reminds me........................................... (off to that Brazillian brothers thread)

Lost in Translation

Bill Murray, Scarlett Johansen.

To sum it up in one word - empty. Don't take that the wrong way, because I enjoyed it as it was humorous, though in a rather different way.

Same vein (as in feeling) to Life Aquatic.

I loved LiT. But I love the less is more approach. WKW, Kitano. . .French New Wave(although I must admit that I can't get into Goddard's work) etc, all have very similar style and pacing. In fact, if anything Lost in Translation was easier to get into than any films by the directors/genre I mentioned above. It gets bashed a lot but I just think it's down to pacing and approach. . .and the fact that it's a romance. Coppola's clearly been influenced by the Far East. I guess, it was Kar Wai Wong film in English. I've actually seen it a few times. . .but that's nowt to do with me wanting to shag Scarlett Johansson silly.

I loved LiT. But I love the less is more approach. WKW, Kitano. . .French New Wave(although I must admit that I can't get into Goddard's work) etc, all have very similar style and pacing. In fact, if anything Lost in Translation was easier to get into than any films by the directors/genre I mentioned above. It gets bashed a lot but I just think it's down to pacing and approach. . .and the fact that it's a romance. Coppola's clearly been influenced by the Far East. I guess, it was Kar Wai Wong film in English. I've actually seen it a few times. . .but that's nowt to do with me wanting to shag Scarlett Johansson silly.

Yeah at first glance (or the average joe) will bash it for it's approach, like you said. But that was the obvious charm of the movie. It's definately one that when you think back on you'll laugh, probably moreso then you did when watching it.

On a side note - Johansson looked fatter around the gut in it.

On a sideier note - I can't get that stripper scene song out of my head. :lol: That scene was hillarious.

You're on a bit of a movie marathon aren't you, cesc.

Yeah I crammed a few in over the hollies, which unfortunately ended yesterday. I've still got a few more to get through - 30 days of night (not holding out for anything there) and the Machinist.

Yeah at first glance (or the average joe) will bash it for it's approach, like you said. But that was the obvious charm of the movie.

On a sideir note - I can't get that stripper scene song out of my head. :lol: That scene was hillarious.

I loved the setting and all . .and I really want to go to Japan. A lot of people complained that it was cliched. But they're just gay. . .and probably didn't stare at Scarlett's arse in the opening scene.(I think it was)

You have poor taste in movies then.......

Yeah I crammed a few in over the hollies, which unfortunately ended yesterday. I've still got a few more to get through - 30 days of night (not holding out for anything there) and the Machinist.
For me, once you get over the shock of how Christian Bale looks in the movie, there's really nothing else to it.

You have poor taste in movies then.......

For me, once you get over the shock of how Christian Bale looks in the movie, there's really nothing else to it.

I watched them far too late(in the night), and will watch them again. Funnily enough, I enjoyed Truffart's work. Fahrenheit 451 being my fav. Brilliant film.

Yeah at first glance (or the average joe) will bash it for it's approach, like you said. But that was the obvious charm of the movie. It's definately one that when you think back on you'll laugh, probably moreso then you did when watching it.

On a sideier note - I can't get that stripper scene song out of my head. :lol: That scene was hillarious.
Scarlett in pink wig?

Bryan Ferry - More Than This