Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

i know i'm about 15 years late, but i watched Pulp Fiction last night.
Quality obviously, but marginally preffered Resevoir Dogs.

Hancock is a poor film. Silly plot, lack of humour, ordinary special effects and no Charlize Theron nudity to save it.
Same.
I thought it started well, not a bad concept and actually they could have done a better job with some of the jokes to start with as well.

But the main plot was incredibly rubbish.

Just watched The Forbidden Kingdom - kung fu film with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Was pretty shite really, there always has to be some snotty American kid who just happens to master Kung Fu in a few hours and then manage to pull some really hot bird.

Feckin directors.

Just watched The Forbidden Kingdom - kung fu film with Jackie Chan and Jet Li.

Was pretty shite really, there always has to be some snotty American kid who just happens to master Kung Fu in a few hours and then manage to pull some really hot bird.

Feckin directors.

looked so much better in the trailers, I was so dissapointed, I best describe it as a bored sunday afternoon flick. the white witch was super hot

I want to kill maself.
Just saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall. fecking shit, they could not even pull off slap stick comedy properly. And you could guess what was gonna happen after 15 mins of the movie.

Hancock - utter utter shit.

The Eye (Chinese) - watched this for the first time a few days ago and found it to be quite a big let down. Hyped up as a horror classic and was really quite dull - perhaps due to the replication of its ideas over the last decade or perhaps because it was just crap- not sure which.

Casshern.

Alright movie. The sound and visual effects were outstanding. The soundtrack was beautiful aswell. The ending was a bit strange though and I didn't really understand were the big lightning stone came from.

saw this last night: "Foxy Brown" c.1974. Starring Pam Grier and some other people.

Pam Grier was gorgeous in this :drool:

that's all.

cracking set of jugs, fo sho

i`d still do her now! (or at least when I last saw her in Jackie Brown...I reserve the right to retract this statement if more recent evidence is provided)

Hellboy II - I don't get why this movie is getting such amazing reviews, it's nothing special. A decent action flick, better than Wanted and Hancock, nothing more. 6/10

cracking set of jugs, fo sho

i`d still do her now! (or at least when I last saw her in Jackie Brown...I reserve the right to retract this statement if more recent evidence is provided)

I was wondering what she looked like now. haven't seen Jackie Brown.
she got her tatas out in Foxy Brown.
fairly feckin good, back in the day.

Any of you lot summed up the courage to go see Wall E and find out what the fuss is all about?

Meet Dave. Surprisingly funny, old school family comedy. Gay in patches. 3 is stunning though.

2qx6a03.jpg

7b6Gabrielle_Union0031.jpg

You lacky, lacky barstard! What's the story?
She was the spokesperson for Lee Denim Days(employees can pay $5 to wear jeans one day at work, money raised goes to cancer research, they can win prizes by paying the $5). We interviewed her and shot her giving away the prizes at Hallmark I think it was. She's definitely not ugly up close.

Just seen Prince Caspian. Was fully expecting to be as underwhelmed by this as the first one but was happily surprised.

Apart from the ever so slightly annoying youngest child, the kid actors were great and seemed to do a lot of their own fight scenes very convincingly. Not as good a film as LotR, tbf, but the sfx are much better.

Oh, and Prince Caspian is hot.

I met Skandar Keynes the lad who plays Edmund Pevensie in Beirut of all places two weeks ago ! He has Lebanese cousins - Small world.

I read somewhere he's also the great, great, great...grandson of Charles Darwin.

From Wiki: "Through his father, Keynes is the great-great-great grandson of the famous biologist Charles Darwin, the great-great nephew of the economist John Maynard Keynes and the nephew of the historian and Cambridge professor Simon Keynes.[2] Through his great-grandmother, Hester Agnes Pinsent – the wife of Nobel Prize laureate Edgar Adrian, 1st Baron Adrian – he is also related to the Scottish philosopher David Hume"

Not the worse family tree you'll ever see.

Young People fecking

Decent film, about a sex filled night in each of four different couples lives, separate stories highlighting experiences that we can all relate to. Funny (laughed out loud a couple of times) charming and brutally honest.

One that got away.

8/10

Just caught the end of the Chronicles of Riddick. I'd completely forgotten about this film. Perfect example of how to make a special effects action film and not in any way spaz it up.

It even manages to get away with having Vin Diesel as the main character

Young People fecking

Decent film, about a sex filled night in each of four different couples lives, separate stories highlighting experiences that we can all relate to. Funny (laughed out loud a couple of times) charming and brutally honest.

One that got away.

8/10

I saw that some time back. Decent movie.

Just caught the end of the Chronicles of Riddick. I'd completely forgotten about this film. Perfect example of how to make a special effects action film and not in any way spaz it up.

It even manages to get away with having Vin Diesel as the main character

I prefered Pitch Black tbh.

Pitch Black bored me. Just your typical horror film, but with a different monster, and a couple of interesting (ish) characters.

Pretty much all horror films bore me

The Chronicles of Riddick's just so wonderfully simple, and dark.

Doomsday, it's like all the best bits of Mad Max, Lord of the Rings and Escape from New York rolled into one film with a very hot women as the lead, watch it.