Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

I liked it, quite interesting, intelligent ending as well that makes it all fit together, all and all Mel Gibson seems to know what he is doing when he makes a movie imo.

Not as bad as I expected given the director. Well worth a watch as long as you aren't looking for accurate history.

It was just a good action movie. well directed with interesting characters.

Anyone on here seen the Stallone version of Get Carter? I'm teaching the original to my film class at the moment and feel like I need to make some comparison to it. Is it as bad as I've heard, or does it unfairly suffer when put up against the classic original?

I suppose I could just watch it myself instead, but wanted some Caf input.

Derailed, ignoring two ridiculous plot holes its pretty decent, 6.5/10

The Prestige, good film, kept me engrossed throughout, was a bit repetitive in parts and the twists weren't anything on previous Christopher Nolan efforts. 7.5/10

Run Lola Run

I know this is quite old, but just seen it for the first time

Wow. What can I say, I fecking loved this film. Never lets up and keeps you guessing right to the end. A true original

A very pleasant surprise

Oh, and the girl who played Lola is fit as feck

Run Lola Run

I know this is quite old, but just seen it for the first time

Wow. What can I say, I fecking loved this film. Never lets up and keeps you guessing right to the end. A true original

A very pleasant surprise

Oh, and the girl who played Lola is fit as feck

Love that movie. His other movies(Heaven and The Princess & The Warrior) are both pretty good as well.

Denzel Washington movie , some time travel cop action , , somebody help me whit the tittle

American Gangster - A forced attempt to make a movie involving all popular genres - the mafia, Harlem, drugs, Vietnamese war-time idiocy, cops chasing criminals, a 'inspired from true story' plot. Not recommended.

Saw the following movies lately :

The Darjeeling Limited : Typical Wes Anderson movie. Not for everyone, but those who like his brand of humor and coming-of-age movies ought to love it. I loved it. It was his dedication to Satyajit Ray and India, I think he did a decent enough job. Good performances from Brody, Schwartzman and Wilson (probably his best). Definitely worth a watch !!

Cloverfield - Entertaining, daring, but definitely didn't live up to all the hype. I fell for all the hype and honestly was a more than a little dissapointed at the end.

Eastern Promises : David Cronenberg + Russian Mafia in New York + Viggo Mortensen as a Russian Mob Hitman + Naomi Watts + Decent plot twists = A good movie.

There is this one fight scene in a sauna that is legendary.

Cloverfield.

Whiney, shitcock characters with no depth whatsoever, five minutes patchy coverage of a relationship does not a good story make. Original concept, some good cinematic sequences that have a tendency to repeat themselves ten minutes later, brilliant special effects and at times, a very engaging film.

A found it dragged a little despite not being very long, and the ending was very gay.

5.5/10

Just have to recommend the film I watched last night...Paris J'Taime...18 five minute short films, set in each of the 18 districts of Paris by different directors. Directors include the Coen Brothers, Tom Tywker, Wes Craven...and cameos from Bob Hoskins, Gerard Depardieu, Nick Nolte, Steve Buscemi, Ben Gazzara, Gena Rowlands, Willem Dafoe etc...all based on the theme of love...some very funny (Coen's especially), some tragic.

So glad I'm going there in two weeks, has really whetted my appetite.

Highly recommended.

Just have to recommend the film I watched last night...Paris J'Taime...18 five minute short films, set in each of the 18 districts of Paris by different directors. Directors include the Coen Brothers, Tom Tywker, Wes Craven...and cameos from Bob Hoskins, Gerard Depardieu, Nick Nolte, Steve Buscemi, Ben Gazzara, Gena Rowlands, Willem Dafoe etc...all based on the theme of love...some very funny (Coen's especially), some tragic.

So glad I'm going there in two weeks, has really whetted my appetite.

Highly recommended.
Saw it when it first hit DVD. Overall a good effort from multiple directors.

Shoot 'Em Up. What shower of shite that was.

Wish I'd read this post earlier - would have stopped me wasting 80 mins of my life. What a shit film. It's unbelievable stuff like this gets made. Seemed like a ten year old had written it.

Grrrr :mad:

Sicko

Latest Michael Moore film. I just watched the DVD

Jesus christ, I ain't ever goin to live in the good ole US of A. Not ever

8/10

(Would be interested to hear what the Yanks on here thought of it)

Sicko

Latest Michael Moore film. I just watched the DVD

Jesus christ, I ain't ever goin to live in the good ole US of A. Not ever

8/10

(Would be interested to hear what the Yanks on here thought of it)
While Moore does bring up some very interesting points, I don't feel he goes about highlighting them the correct way. The part where he took them to Guantamo(sp) Bay was over the top and seriously hurt the film's credibility.

Good Will Hunting - I liked it. Appealed to me on many levels. Any movie which has a good plot or storyline gets half of my approval and only poor acting can ruin the other half. Despite me not being either Ben Affleck or Matt Damon's greatest of fans, both suited the role. Robin Williams was excellent.

Juno - Hmmm. I didn't like the dialogue in some of the scenes but a good movie overall. Ellen Page is a good actress with a massive forehead. And Jason Bateman really should be getting some decent lead roles. I haven't seen Superbad but Michael Cera played his character from Arrested Dvelopment in this movie. The soft spoken loser type that he seems to do so well.

8/10

I watched a film called Heaven last night, with Cate Blanchett. (no, I didn't watch it with her, I mean she was in the film)

feck me, save yourselves 95 minutes of your life and don't bother with this pile of shit. Excruciatingly dull

2/10

Juno - Hmmm. I didn't like the dialogue in some of the scenes but a good movie overall. Ellen Page is a good actress with a massive forehead. And Jason Bateman really should be getting some decent lead roles. I haven't seen Superbad but Michael Cera played his character from Arrested Dvelopment in this movie. The soft spoken loser type that he seems to do so well.

8/10

Agree with this sumation Mehro, I enjoyed this a lot, and Ellan Page is going to have a fantastic career. I think I gave it 8.5, suprised the hell out of me.

Awake.

Watched this last night. Haden Christianson and Jessica Alba, about a guy that goes under the knife for an operation but suffers from the rare accurance of being awake during the whole proceedure. Interesting idea executed in an unoriginal way and becomes a run of the mill film that you have seen a million times before.

5/10

The Notebook- 4/5ths of utter utter utter dross, 1/5th a really well acted moving movie. 6/10 based on the strength of the end comparatively.

Cloverfield- not as revolutionary as many say, still really enjoyable 7.5/10.

Before the Devil knows you're Dead- Phillip Seymor Hoffman is brilliant again. Ethan Hawke is excellent. Really compelling movie, slow in parts and perhaps has a tendency to over use time chopping Memento-esque techniques but well worth watching. 7.5 or 7 /10.

About to watch Juno today, verdict later hopefully.

Get Carter(original). Saw this a couple years ago when I was dead tired, didn't think much of it. Watched it again because I'm working on a revenge type script and needed some inspiration/possibilities of what could happen. I'm glad I watched it again. Fantastic movie.