Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Cannibal Apocalypse (1980)

Imagine you're watching the A-Team. Ok. You know what is gonna happen. Someone calls for the A-Team's help. Hannibal dresses up as an old woman and visits them secretly to gauge if they are worth helping. Face breaks Murdock out of a psychiatric hospital posing as a chic vicar. BA unknowingly drinks some milk with knock-out drops in it because he ain't getting on no plane you crazy fool. Amy shows up - but no one knows who she is or what function she serves. We've all seen it.

This film is nothing like the A-Team.

4/10

Du Rififi Chez les Hommes - Really enjoyed this film. It has one of the best heist scenes I've ever seen, and its a very good film overall. Strong performances, good locations, and well shot in a noirish style. 9/10

Natural Born Killers - I think the film had potential to be great, but was let down by it's self-indulgent and almost hypocritical style. I thought there was some brilliant satire e.g. portraying Mallory's upbringing as a sitcom, but in the end I think the film is too easily misunderstood partly due to it's own faults. 7/10

She's 22 or something like that I think.

Point Blank. Lee Marvin is pretty much a badass. Angie Dickinson is pretty much hot(and I would have). This is pretty much a good revenge movie.

Superb film..the sequence where he is simply walking down a corridor, edited with closeups of his feet is brillianty done. And yes to Angie Dickinson, as well!

If you enjoy Angie Dickinson, I recommend watching Big Bad Mama.

I'll keep an eye out for it. Always remember her being one of my earliest adolescent fantasies during the 1970s when she was Police Woman on t.v.

She's pretty hot in Dressed to Kill as well...but that is one seriously dodgy film on so many levels...Michael Caine as a cross-dressing killer...hmmmmm.
But it does have good old Ange naked in the shower, so that's okay then.

I'll keep an eye out for it. Always remember her being one of my earliest adolescent fantasies during the 1970s when she was Police Woman on t.v.

She's pretty hot in Dressed to Kill as well...but that is one seriously dodgy film on so many levels...Michael Caine as a cross-dressing killer...hmmmmm.
But it does have good old Ange naked in the shower, so that's okay then.
Big bad Mama is by no means a great movie(it's a Roger Corman movie), but she does get her tits out.

American Gangster

meh, typical Hollywood 'big' movie. After watching this, I have decided that Ridely Scott's a rubbish director.
5/10 overall.

I don't get it. Movies like Cloverfield and American Gangster are so average and yet they do so well. The audience falls in love with the trailer and even before watching the movie they call it the movie of the year. And when the movie finally comes out they praise it no matter how shit it turns out to be. What do these people want from a movie?

Juno's excellent. Shows how great comedies can be if proper effort into script writing/polishing was put into it.

I don't get it. Movies like Cloverfield and American Gangster are so average and yet they do so well. The audience falls in love with the trailer and even before watching the movie they call it the movie of the year. And when the movie finally comes out they praise it no matter how shit it turns out to be. What do these people want from a movie?
HL Mencken: "No one ever went bust underestimating the taste of the American public".

It's the token serious movie, regular movie goers can claim to like to show off having a good taste in movies. Like Saving Private Ryan. The best war movie ever made indeed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDiUG52ZyHQ

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - Very good movie. Enjoyed it despite not being in the mood to watch a western.

Watched Wilder's The Apartment last night for the first time in about twenty years...amazed at how ahead of its time it was for subject matter of infidelity. Top performances from Jack Lemmon and Shirley McLaine.

They don't make 'em like this any more.

Watched Wilder's The Apartment last night for the first time in about twenty years...amazed at how ahead of its time it was for subject matter of infidelity. Top performances from Jack Lemmon and Shirley McLaine.

They don't make 'em like this any more.
Fantastic movie. I think they're releasing a special edition DVD in the next couple of weeks. Will definitely be buying that.

Just watched No Country for Old Men, it wasn't quite as good as I expected but very good nontheless, Bardem was magnificent as the bad guy. More importantly Rio was there with his wife/girlfriend and Jason Roberts was there too.

The Nines - Has pretences of being a clever, philosophical film. It's actually just three shallow and unengaging shorts that only get tied together as a movie in the last 10 minutes.

Apocalyptico was quite a good movie imo. What did you movie buffs think of it?

I liked it, quite interesting, intelligent ending as well that makes it all fit together, all and all Mel Gibson seems to know what he is doing when he makes a movie imo.