Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Ichi the Killer

Watched it last night. Sorry lads, I know a lot of you in this thread rate it highly, but I have to say I thought it was pretty shit.

Very disappointing

4/10

Just watched The Prestige again man did I ever enjoy that movie

Damn true Dude! You just know that any film that pairs Christian Bale with Chris Nolan in the directors chair is going to be awesome.

Karate Bullfighter. True story about one of the best martial artists in the 20th century(from what I've read). Sonny Chiba plays the lead and along the way: rapes a woman who then falls for him, kills a bull with his bare hands, and wins a karate championship.

Saw three great movies over the last couple of days. Loved them all.

The Big Lebowski - Absolutely brilliant. I can never get tired of watching this movie, it is easily one of the most enjoyable films you can ever watch and is probably the Coen brothers at their very best. Jeff Bridges as 'The Dude' and John Goodman's performances were brilliant. My vote for movie with best dialogue ever. The dude abides.

Dog day Afternoon - Al Pacino makes this movie all his own. What a captivating performance. Wonderful screenplay too, didn't it win an oscar for it ? It should have. Brilliant insight into the mind of a criminal and the circumstances that forced him into becoming one. Great cinema.

Leon, The professional - If you like stylish, over-the-top action flicks with an emotional angle - this is probably the best of that kind there is. Slick editing and Luc Besson's directorial talent make for a visual treat. I thought Jean Reno and Natalie Portman were good but I wasn't too sure what to make of the love-angle between a middle aged hitman and a 12 year old girl. Gary Oldman does what he does best - play a crazed neurotic villain with serious psychological issues.

I watched that the Departed last night which I thought was a dead good film. Although the ending was a bit shit. Any film that opens with dropkick murphy's though is always going to get a 10/10 for me. I'm Shipping up to Boston, what a feckin' song. Scorsese got it dead right with that one, he couldn't have picked a better song.

I watched that the Departed last night which I thought was a dead good film. Although the ending was a bit shit. Any film that opens with dropkick murphy's though is always going to get a 10/10 for me. I'm Shipping up to Boston, what a feckin' song. Scorsese got it dead right with that one, he couldn't have picked a better song.
While that is a fantastic song(always puts me in the mood to drink for some reason), I felt the Departed was a let down. The love triangle was absolutely pointless.

Juno

Well, this suprised me I have to say, well scrpted, well acted (Ellan Page as Juno I thought was excellent) well directed. It keeps you emotionally involved with the characters right to the end and is quite a heartwarming film.

Very good I thought, 8.5/10

Karate for Life. Normally I love Sonny Chiba movies, but this one fell flat for me.

On a side note, I just read that this, Karate Bullfighter and Karate Bearfighter are all based on the life of Sonny Chiba's teacher. Fun fact of the day.

Well, this suprised me I have to say, well scrpted, well acted (Ellan Page as Juno I thought was excellent) well directed. It keeps you emotionally involved with the characters right to the end and is quite a heartwarming film.

Very good I thought, 8.5/10
Yeah Ellen Page is becoming an excellent actress. Did any of you guys see Hard Candy? She was brill in that too. Its a little simplistic but very affective film. Really wel shot as well.

Yeah Ellen Page is becoming an excellent actress. Did any of you guys see Hard Candy? She was brill in that too. Its a little simplistic but very affective film. Really wel shot as well.

I liked that film. Ellen Page's character was pretty creepy but awesome at the same time.

Contamination (1980)

Italian sci-fi horror rip-off of Alien set on Earth. After a trip to Mars, an astronaut is brainwashed into shipping back hundreds of alien eggs that - once hatched - spray fluid that causes anyone in the vicinity to explode in a cheap and unconvincing fashion. Sounds good, I know, but it isn't.
3/10

Shut up, Spamster.

I saw Tesis sometime back in December. A Spanish movie about a college student that stumbles on a snuff film. Really good movie.

She's old enough for me to legally say that she'd definitely get it, isn't she?

I just watched this film for the forst time since the 80s

A Fish Called Wanda Am I the only person in the world who thinks this is one of the least funny comedies ever made? OK, so it isn't as unfunny as SuperBad but then again it isn't aimed purely at pubescent males. While there are a few amusing bits and Kevin Kline is excellent the film as a whole is utter rubbish.3/10

I am with ya on this one. Won't give it as low as 3 but it is certainly not as stand out as some people claim. Average movie.

Amadeus - Someone help me decide what I think of this movie, please

You find it arousing and nutritious.

What do you mean?

The movie began, had many operas - some which I liked, then it ended.

That's my recollection of it.

You're an idiot.

Don't get me wrong. Well made, obviously, with a good performance from F. Murray Abraham but didn't find it appealing.

Arousing and nutritious, though, yes.