Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Watched again today, not seen it for a couple of years. Great ''coming of age'' movie, some genuinely touching and funny moments in it. Loads of shagging too.

(Some gayness, but don't let that put you off)

Highly Recommended

8.5/10

Y Tu Mama Tambien

Watched again today, not seen it for a couple of years. Great ''coming of age'' movie, some genuinely touching and funny moments in it. Loads of shagging too.

(Some gayness, but don't let that put you off)

Highly Recommended

8.5/10

agreed, very good flick. also has a sidebar regarding the different social orders in Mexico.

Just watched The Prestige again man did I ever enjoy that movie

The Fountain: What the feck was that all about.
Hot Fuzz: Easily the best comedy of the year.
Shattered Glass: Hayden Christensen is surprisingly decent.

Just watched The Prestige again man did I ever enjoy that movie

Simply lovely. Nolan and Bale make great movies together. I'm wondering how different Memento would have been if Bale had starred in it instead of Guy Pearce.

Anyone seen The Majestic?, its another one of the DVD's I own and never get round to watching. I love the directors first films (Shawshank and The Green Mile) but heard some criticism and also some positives for this one.

Finally saw Serenity. By far one of the best sci-fi films to come out of late. It definitely lives up to all the hype that revolved around it. Great plot, great dialogue, great SFX especially considering the low budget they had and also extremely funny in bits... anything but cliched. Just goes to show that a great sci-fi movie does not require an enormous budget and an all-star cast.

Finally saw Serenity. By far one of the best sci-fi films to come out of late. It definitely lives up to all the hype that revolved around it. Great plot, great dialogue, great SFX especially considering the low budget they had and also extremely funny in bits... anything but cliched. Just goes to show that a great sci-fi movie does not require an enormous budget and an all-star cast.

If you loved Serenity, you should check out Firefly series.

Yeah, i've heard great things about 'Firefly'. But didn't they (Fox) cancel the series midway ?

No Country For Old Men - Great film from the Coens here and inspired choice for lead nut job. Film of the year so far 9/10

3:10 To Juma - Enjoyed this one a lot, a great performances from Russel Crowe and Christian Bale, and also a shout out to the fella that plays Crowes right hand man, can't remember his name. Great film 8.5/10

Letters From Iwo Jima - Great film shot from the japanese perspective of this battle, raises some great questions about the Japanese honour tradition, Well shot and well acted 9/10

All in all a good couple of days film watching.

Blood Diamond
I liked it. Looked like they made an effort with it. Bit cliched, but what isn't these days? Di Caprio didn't stink, but his accent came and went.
7/10

Pans Labyrinth
Just....wow. Been waiting to see it for ages. Couldn't do it justice in a short review. The best express recommendation I can give is that my missus (who I thought would hate it) stayed up way past her bedtime to watch a subtitled movie all the way through.
9.756/10

No Country For Old Men - Great film from the Coens here and inspired choice for lead nut job. Film of the year so far 9/10

3:10 To Juma - Enjoyed this one a lot, a great performances from Russel Crowe and Christian Bale, and also a shout out to the fella that plays Crowes right hand man, can't remember his name. Great film 8.5/10

Letters From Iwo Jima - Great film shot from the japanese perspective of this battle, raises some great questions about the Japanese honour tradition, Well shot and well acted 9/10

All in all a good couple of days film watching.

I'm off to see No Country for Old Men tomorrow night. Looks fecking quality.

Someone recommend me some good action films, with guns and people shooting at each other and stuff.

Pretty sure she whips 'em out in 'Frida', but its about a famous Mexican painter, so not much chance of guns and other stuff.

I'm not watching a film about painting in the hope of seeing 5seconds of Selma Hayeks norks.

You're all rubbish, I'm going to go and watch leila arcieri and jamie bergman in son of the beach. Look it up, its atrociously brilliant.

Training Day
Man on Fire

Not great films, but entertaining if you're in the mood for shooting and explosions.

Infernal Affairs, if you haven't already seen it.

Snowcake Probably too much of a chick flick (i.e. no shooting or explosions) for many on here but if you like thoughtful well acted films (slow compared to Die Hard 4) then this is a must watch. Alan Rickman's best performance in quite some time and the other performers are excellent as well. 8/10

Cloverfield

This movie was fantastic! Pretty much non-stop entertainment – thrilling from start to the end. It really got the adrenaline pumping, and not only that, there where a few humorous moments too. I actually came out of the cinema excited.

The movie was as ‘seen’ through the camcorder, and mix that with a lot of running and you have a jumpy viewing. I think people who suffer from severe motion sickness probably wouldn’t appreciate it.

Also every time I noted something that I thought was a bit silly (ie running around in high heels) it was almost immediately corrected/fixed (next scene the bird had them off and was holding them).

I wont say any more concerning the plot etc because it might ruin the surprises, but I will mention that after the movie finished the whole cinema, bar none, sat rooted to their seats for a t least one minute.

So for mine I give it 9/10

On a side note the main bird is absolutely stunning (well both are). Just quietly, I’m in love.

The Game - Fairly intriguing film that requires a suspension of disbelief in order to disregard the glaring plotholes. Vertigo meets The Truman Show, only it's not quite as good as it sounds. 7/10

i would give this film 9.5/10 :devil::devil::devil::devil::devil:
excellent movie, excellent performances and really well produced/directed.

they know the meaning of fear and have exploited it in this film..its all about expecting but not really knowing..
will take a special film to beat this for me this year.