Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

It is better, isn't it...Butch Cassidy was always The film for me.This one surpassed expectations.

Dear Frankie

A small budget Scottish film. I don't want to spoil the plot for the majority who haven't seen this one. This is the story of a deaf kid and his mother. For reasons that gradually become apparent the father is not around. The son writes to him on a regular basis but there is a twist which forces the mother to find a replacement father for a day.

Simple, effective, emotive and superbly acted. Exactly what we are missing from Hollywood these days. Deeply moving. My missus was in floods of tears and she doesn't blub easily and I was close to welling up a few times.

9.5/10 - Find it and watch it at all costs.

And they aren't a patch on Inland Empire. Not only does the feck with your head, it makes you want to jump off a huge cliff and kill yourself.

Still haven't gotten to see Inland Empire yet...note to self: must find three spare hours of my life to indulge in more Lynchian weirdness!

Might cheer myself up later tonight and watch It's a Wonderful Life for about the fifty thousandeth time.

Saw Kagemusha today. Very good film. Not a patch on Ran, though, in terms of enjoyment. I watched it a couple of years ago. . . well half of it, but I just couldn't get into it. This time, it wasn't a problem, perhaps becasue I've seen a few other of his films.

Georgia Rule. The downside of dating someone whos family consists solely of women is that you're forced to watch these kinds of movies from time to time. This was utter shit. A complete waste of 2 hours of my life.

Das Experiment.

Class movie though could have been much much better. It had a feel of action movie in the end, should have focussed more on psychological aspect. Also the plot took some unreasonable turns at times. Hope someone makes an even more intense one in english.

Das Experiment.

Class movie though could have been much much better. It had a feel of action movie in the end, should have focussed more on psychological aspect. Also the plot took some unreasonable turns at times. Hope someone makes an even more intense one in english.

How could they have done that?

How could they have done that?
Well to go into detail. I read about the Standford experiment after watching the movie.

For starters even the Prof got too involved in his role as Prison head in the experiment. He actually tried to shift the prisoners into a real jail when he had a paranoia that prisoners were organising an escape. Apparently when the Police refused he slated them for not cooperating with his prison force. There were lot of other elements they didn't touch like one prisoner going on a hunger striker till the experiment is stopped and people not allowed to leave against their wishes. Instead they shifted towards the rape thing and action sequence in the end.

And then it was big plot jump when after discovering the letter, guard convinces others that this is some kind of test. They don't really explain why others are so forthcoming to suddenly retort to violence as well when they know they will be thrown out. The transition was too quick.