Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Saw Once Upon a Time in the West, for the first time in years. Great movie, should be in everyone's top 100. Claudia Cardinale was sexy as feck.

oh and your fav Westerns, Ole?
All Sergio Leone westerns.
The Big Silence
A Minute to Pray, A Second to Die
Unforgiven
One or two others I can't think of off the top of my head right now

I don't actually care for pretty much any western made by my people. I much prefer spaghetti westerns. Westerns post Leone though are considerably better.

Claudia Cardinale was sexy as feck.

claudia_cardinale9.jpg
:drool::drool:

Is it just me, or back then actresses seem to have more class than current ones?

Saw Too Late For Tears a couple of nights ago on cable. It's a decent film noir, which is probably worth a watch if you're into that genre. 7/10

Wild Things: 10/10

A threesome with Neve campbell, Denise Richards and some bloke. nuff said. The sequels are garbage.

Saw Double Indemnity again last night. I still have 2046 lying with me but can't get myself to see it. Has anyone else seen it? It's supposed to be sort of a prequel/sequel to In the Mood for Love.

Wild Things: 10/10

A threesome with Neve campbell, Denise Richards and some bloke. nuff said. The sequels are garbage.

You just had to bring Matt Dillon into it, didn't you!!

Never bothered with the sequels...even without the charms of Denise Richards, the original was a good twisty turny modern film noir.

City of god is one of the best gangster movies i've ever seen,even tops godfather for me

Sanjuro was top. I enjoyed it more than Yojimbo.

Oh and My Neighbour Totoro is on Film 4 later on this afternoon if anyone's interested.

I've downloaded it. Will watch it this weekend, along with Kagemusha, which I've had on DVD for yonks.

lovely film, some beautifully shot vignettes...really brilliant cinematography. there's one takes place in a small villiage where I would like to live, I think it's the last one.

How many of those 10 were for the sex scene?

6 for the threesome scene, 3 for the lesbian scene in the pool, 1.5 for all the time Denise Richards wore a bra or a swimsuit and another 0.5 for the twists in the movie.

Can someone give me links to download some good comedy fare?I'm going to be free for some time now...

Am planning a mini David Lynch fest this weekend...feel there's a few of his I want to put into my Top 100 but need to ration it a bit.

Planning to watch Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive....and providing I'm not totally weirded out, might sneak in Lost Highway and The Elephant Man.

I just finished watching The Sting.Have to say it's among the better movies I've seen.The photography and the sets of Chicago of the 30's were quite excellent.Good acting by Newman and Redford...if this one isn't in a few lists I'd be surprised.

Am planning a mini David Lynch fest this weekend...feel there's a few of his I want to put into my Top 100 but need to ration it a bit.

Planning to watch Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, Fire Walk With Me and Mulholland Drive....and providing I'm not totally weirded out, might sneak in Lost Highway and The Elephant Man.

Elephant Man isn't weird like Blue Velvet and Mulholland Drive.