Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

If they are a fan of the movie and it has some good extras then definately. Which DVD you thinking of? Blade Runner is supposed to be exceptional.

Is a director's cut DVD a good Christmas present?

What? Of 'Sleep'? Yeah...you get an extra hour of sleep (that's when the alarm clock didn't go off) and snoring! I think there's also a commentary on there, but it gets a bit repetative after a while.

On the whole I think you should give it a miss, Mehro!

I know it's the guy's favorite movie so I'm afraid he might already have it.
Which DVD is it? Can't you ask his wife/partner/friend/housemate if he has it? If its his favourite film and its a new cut then go for it, i'd like it.

If they are a fan of the movie and it has some good extras then definately. Which DVD you thinking of? Blade Runner is supposed to be exceptional.

definatley recommend the Blade Runner dvd...four versions of the film, really informative commentaries, superb 3 hour documentary....and a thing that looks like a fridge magnet!

Empire State is something like 12 hours of the building, taken from one spot with no cuts. The only 'action' consists of lights going on and off.

He made one called 'Sleep'...which, funnily enough was about a man sleeping...for about eight hours. He could have filmed last season's Cup Final, pruned six hours off the running time, and achieved the same result!:D
He made one with Henry Galzehdar(or whatever his last name is) which is pretty much just Henry smoking in a chair.

Warhol's art was good, his movies were awful.

definatley recommend the Blade Runner dvd...four versions of the film, really informative commentaries, superb 3 hour documentary....and a thing that looks like a fridge magnet!

There are 5 versions on the one I have bought. And how do you know what the commentary etc is like? I though it wasn't released until Monday.

Anyone seen 'Mr Brooks'? I thought it was brilliant. Like nothing I've ever seen before.

Finally saw The Darjeeling Limited tonight, and was quite impressed. I'd recommend it, especially for Wes Anderson fans. It's got his signature themes and quirky style and characters, and in my opinion it's better than The Royal Tenenbaums. The film makes good use of the vibrancy of India, and even though as whole the film does seem a little incoherent it still has some truly beautiful scenes. 8/10

Finally saw The Darjeeling Limited tonight, and was quite impressed. I'd recommend it, especially for Wes Anderson fans. It's got his signature themes and quirky style and characters, and in my opinion it's better than The Royal Tenenbaums. The film makes good use of the vibrancy of India, and even though as whole the film does seem a little incoherent it still has some truly beautiful scenes. 8/10
Yeah, I really enjoyed it bar the beginning. That, in my opinion, was SHITE.

Hidden Fortress - Brilliant brilliant film. And a must for Star Wars fans. Shame Lucas's characters weren't as well rounded.

Das Experiment - Good movie, very well directed. I really hated that one cnuting guard by the end of the film. I mean really hated him to the point that if he'd shown up in front of me I would have crippled him.

he he he. He had the effect on me. As for the film, I think it was loosely based on the Stamford experiments in the States during the 60's.

Glengarry Glen Ross was fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone. Hammer was right, Pacino, Lemmon et al were all great. (Although, Pacino virtually played the same character in most of his films after GGR).

Das Experiment - Good movie, very well directed. I really hated that one cnuting guard by the end of the film. I mean really hated him to the point that if he'd shown up in front of me I would have crippled him.

I think that film is 'ein' expiriment, too. It's supposed to make you feel that way, in the same fashion as Man on Fire is supposed to make you feel ok with vigilantism (nicely timed with a certain war on terror).

Glengarry Glen Ross was fantastic, I'd recommend it to anyone. Hammer was right, Pacino, Lemmon et all were all great. (Although, Pacino virtually played the same character in most of his films after GGR).

my favourite character in that film is Alan Arkin's...

"Criminals come and they take....they steal the phones!"

it's been ages since I've seen it, I seem to recall a lot of swearing, especially from Alec Baldwin.

Lions for Lambs, supposed to be a good movie with the likes of Robert Redford, Tom Cruise and Meryl Streep, but I found that the movie is quite boring, almost fell asleep.

There are 5 versions on the one I have bought. And how do you know what the commentary etc is like? I though it wasn't released until Monday.

You're right Wibble, there are five...I forgot about the workprint version which has never been seen before.

You must have the same version as me...came out about two weeks ago in the metal box?

The Apartment - The movie was almost ruined for me since I had seen this horrible Bollywood movie called Metro that had stolen the plot but Jack Lemmon and Shirley Maclaine (god she was cute as hell) were absolutely top notch. Excellent movie.

In other news, I looked up Kevrock's website, pretenciousmusings.com, and looks like he's been working on it. It looks rather good. Hope he comes back.

The movie was almost ruined for me since I had seen this horrible Bollywood movie called Metro that had stolen the plot
:lol:Did you lose a bet ? That movie was rubbish wasn't it ... my mates walked out at the interval.

Actually I was told it wasn't half bad. A lot of people seem to be harping on about Anurag Basu and what a great innovative director he is. The cnut actually stole his own scene from Page 3 with the two gays and put it in Metro. feck sake, he's truly terrible.

I've given up all hope of ever seeing anything remotely sensible on Indian screens man. The 'wannabe-ism' in most these made-for-multiplex-movies coming out these days is really disheartening. The latest being "Dus Kahaniyan", ten stories from ten different directors. Rubbish !!

Saw 'The 40 year old virgin' for the first time yesterday. With the Farrelly brothers losing touch of late, Judd Apatow is arguably the best comic director in the business right now. What say ?

I really enjoyed The Sting, despite being half asleep. Why can't they make mob films set in the 30's anymore? Must say it looked great. I wish I could go back and check out Chicago in the 30's - the cars, architecture, cast iron bridges, slick dress sense, er. . .the tommy gun and the chance to make millions from selling bootlegged alcohol. As for the film, it had some great touches, aside from the set and backdrop. I loved the way it went into silent film mode at the beginning, to reflect the era it was set it in.