Film The Redcafe Movie review thread

Yeah that's the Duel I'm on about.

I also loved Ghostbusters, Big Trouble in Little China, Weird Science and The Breakfast Club.

Have you seen the Decalogue? It's 10 parts I think.

Saw some of that in uni last year, seemed pretty interesting but I haven't got around to getting it from the library. Not seen anything else by him although i'm sure we watched a sample of one of the three colours films too.

I thought it was ok, but I didn't particularly like it. The last scene was good, though.

I liked it a bit more but I thought the last scene was amusing if rather obvious. If people didn't keep bashing on about it i would have forgotten about it totally by now since it was very average.

I saw SuperBad last night which was fecking rubbish. A modern version of films like Porkies with worse language and less nudity. A film for young blokes who aren't getting any I'd say. Harsh but perhaps fair and true.

I saw most of The Good Theif by Neil Jordan the other night. It seemed very good but I was constantly interupted. I might try to get it on DVD.

Just saw Fritz Lang's M. Good movie.

Excellent film. I thought Peter Lorre's soliloquy at the end was great.

I haven't seen any of Fritz Lang's other films -- which ones are the best (apart from Big Heat)?

I had no problme with the accents for mumbling BTW. I noticed a number of 9mainly American) reviews on imdb who said similar things and eccomended puting the Englis subtitles on if watching the DVD. Same thing happend with Trainspotting if I remember correctly.

And quite a few people didn't understand the twist at the end. Which seems odd given that it wasn't difficult to understand.

Saw Jamon Jamon yesterday. Honestly didn't know what to make of it. Mildly entertaining but way too over the top. Its meant to be a racy comedy which is "bursting with sexual energy" but besides the gratuitous nudity there is nothing to this film.
If you like Penelope Cruz or her tits or both, you might want to watch this movie... Give it a miss otherwise.

Still reckon Y tu Mama Tambien is the best I've seen from Latin America. I really loved it.

Alphaville. I didn't think it was anywhere near as surreal or bizarre as most people seem to think. Then again, I've seen most of Miike's films and a couple of mad films by Jodorowsky (The Holy Mountain being far too up it's own arse for me, though) and Inland Empire which probably tops the lot, feck me was that bizarre, so I suppose most other films will seem quite sane. Suffice to say, it was a very good film, loved the noir style first half of the film. But again, I'm not sure I love Godard's work. Oh and have I said it's a bit like LOTR? Well it was a tad.

Still reckon Y tu Mama Tambien is the best I've seen from Latin America. I really loved it.

Alphaville. I didn't think it was anywhere near as surreal or bizarre as most people seem to think. Then again, I've seen most of Miike's films and a couple of mad films by Jodorowsky (The Holy Mountain being far too up it's own arse for me, though) and Inland Empire which probably tops the lot, feck me was that bizarre, so I suppose most other films will seem quite sane. Suffice to say, it was a very good film, loved the noir style first half of the film. But again, I'm not sure I love Godard's work. Oh and have I said it's a bit like LOTR? Well it was a tad.
Your obsession with LOTR is a bit strange. Do you dress up as a hobbit every now and then?

Saw Jamon Jamon yesterday. Honestly didn't know what to make of it. Mildly entertaining but way too over the top. Its meant to be a racy comedy which is "bursting with sexual energy" but besides the gratuitous nudity there is nothing to this film.
If you like Penelope Cruz or her tits or both, you might want to watch this movie... Give it a miss otherwise.
I thought it was fecking hilarious and Penelope is very, very sexy

Golden Compass - The ice bears were awesome and erm that's it. Tried to fit too much in to 2 hours and basically ended up rushing through it all. None of the actors besides the little girl and the ice bear had more than 5 minutes of screen time. An alright watch.

Wall Street - realized that I hadn't seen this Oilver Stone movie yet so rented it. Mildly interesting plot with some terrible acting from Charlie Sheen.

Also rented Das Experiment and On the Waterfront.

L'Appartment. A far cry from the remake, Wicker Park. Good movie. I want to bang the shit out of Monica Bellucci.

Shame you watched Wicker Par first, though. Romane's tits were fantastic, weren't they?

Spoony, you still haven't seen the Sting, have you?

Just dowloaded. I think I'll watch Straw Dogs today, though

Fahrenheit 451 - brilliant movie.

Well it sort of is. Vincent Cassell did have to endure quite a bit to get to his destination. His friend is clearly an orc, and Monica Bellucci is a fairy or something like that.

Damn LOTR. It's ripped off every movie that's ever been made.

I reckon he should've added hot hobbit sex to his books. Would've made the book more 3 dimensional. Orc sex can do one, though.

They;ve got big feet, though. Which means they've probably got. . . nah, that'd be silly. Seriously though, violence = ok, Hobbit sex = wrong. feck off Tolkein, you cock sucking religious cnut.