The RedCafe Boxing Thread

So Joshua is fighting a guy who was knocked out by the guy chisora's facing now ? I know it's short notice due to the pull out but That's top matchmaking there from Eddie.

After what happened with Andy Ruiz pretty sure all he cares about is not fecking up the chance of fighting Wilder.

Strange that Chisora is still going.

Then again, I do believe in a fighter's ability to dictate his own course.

Worry about Chisora carrying on and facing someone like Anderson, Hrgovic or Ajagba.

He took a lot clean tonight.

Rubbish fights so far. Chisora won't retire so they need to just retire him.

If only that happens i saw a video of Danny Williams fighting a couple of weeks ago in front of perhaps ten people.

I thought he would have stopped years ago

So Joshua is fighting a guy who was knocked out by the guy chisora's facing now ? I know it's short notice due to the pull out but That's top matchmaking there from Eddie.
Mate it was literally like 5 days notice wasn’t it? Would you prefer it cancelled?

Atmosphere is absolutely terrible, even more so for a Joshua fight night.

I honestly think Wilder is going to absolutely blitz through Joshua. He’s just not the same fighter anymore.

I honestly think Wilder is going to absolutely blitz through Joshua. He’s just not the same fighter anymore.

Josh is finished, too hesitant in unloading and Wilder has the heart of a lion.

3 rounds Wilder

Agreed. AJ has zero confidence in the ring. He’s totally lost whatever made him such a huge prospect.

Joshua looks terrified constantly when he fights now. I really think Wilder is going to knock him out quite easily.

Joshua is such a weird and rare case. Strange seeing a guy that was in his physical prime lose a step purely because of being in his own head. It's all in his head. He's always a step behind where he should be. Usually you see timing, reflexes are the things that send a fighter past his peak. Really odd but he should be okay here.

A lot of booing going on. Cant really blame them it's been a very poor card
It was pretty obvious though wasn't it. A refund was on the table.

The only interesting thing was the Joshua and Whyte rivalry (probably more so than the merit of the fighters in the ring based on what they've produced lately)

This is horrendous from AJ. He’ll get humiliated against Wilder and Fury.

Joshua is such a weird and rare case. Strange seeing a guy that was in his physical prime lose a step purely because of being in his own head. It's all in his head. He's always a step behind where he should be. Usually you see timing, reflexes are the things that send a fighter past his peak. Really odd but he should be okay here.
The accusation of Fury all those years ago that he was a bodybuilder not a boxer was a masterstroke. That plus the Ruiz knockout has fecked him into becoming this jab and move exponent that he absolutely is not

Would have been better to cancel tonight. This is tanking AJ’s reputation when it’s already in the gutter.

It's really weird how AJ reasons that this approach is less risky than blowing through this guy.

He's giving Helenius confidence and more opportunity to land some random right hand. Joshua tends to take more shots as he gets tired.

The accusation of Fury all those years ago that he was a bodybuilder not a boxer was a masterstroke. That plus the Ruiz knockout has fecked him into becoming this jab and move exponent that he absolutely is not
Yeah, I'd say it's more the defeat. The first one. I think he had some kind of mental block after that. Which to be fair anyone in a fighting sport can experience after a heavy defeat. The feeling of invincibility wiped out in a few punches

Usually though they do kind of move on from that after some rebuilding and confidence coming back. But with Joshua it's almost like he's too analytical, too conscious, it's the trainer, it's this, it's that.