The Overlap | Jamie Carragher: From Everton fan to Liverpool legend | Stick to Football EP 49

Anyone that can get teachers pet Gary Neville to engage in anti social behaviour is an absolute menace.
So funny. Never in a million years would I have thought about Neville setting fire to a robe. :lol:

That was good.

Neville with the bowl of weetabix doesn't surprise me at all.

Forgot all about that Ian Wright chicken tonight thing.

Wrighty learning what northerners call tea in his 60s is hilarious :lol:

Anyway, he's right. It's breakfast, lunch and dinner you chartalans.
Its breakfast, dinner and tea on your bike.

Would love to be there when David Moyes listens to this one :lol:

Rooney is great. The sort of person I’d love to go for a pint with, and then leave before he has too many!

Rooney talking about the rest of the squad's reaction to Gary & Phil's pre-match rituals :lol:

I find it very hard to take Keane seriously. It's clearly a persona he's playing up to, he's gotten worse at it over the years. It's like bad acting.

Rooney sleeping with a hairdryer on for white noise is the most on brand dumb shit you’d expect him to do.

I find it very hard to take Keane seriously. It's clearly a persona he's playing up to, he's gotten worse at it over the years. It's like bad acting.
Yeah I honestly don't find him interesting anymore. I actually find him to be an incredibly bitter man.

Rooney is a good addition. I sort of wish he didn't bother with managing and just went for the TV gig full time.

This show never disappoints. The amount of times I'm pissing myself laughing alone watching it all.

Wrighty bursting into laughter when Keane said "you cannot be ready to go into battle!" was funny af.

The part with Keane talking about Sunderland players shooting at was hilarious. 'I won some money but lost the dressing room'

Rooney is such a better guest than Carra. He seem to have been a real manace behind the scenes when he was a player. So many stories.

Forgot all about that Ian Wright chicken tonight thing.

Yeah same, was surreal to see it again and feel catapulted back in time.

I know it's pointless trying to find logic in something so meaningless as an advert, but I don't really understand why they Wrighty was cast in that advert?

Was their some cultural context I'm forgetting? Was he seen as the epitome of a 'not posh' celebrity (highly debatable) hence it being hilarious? Or did they just literally have a list of random celebrities and cast the first one who said yes?

edit: having watched again it's the 'game of two halves' thing, so just cast any old footballer. The posh voice thing is really random though.

Yeah same, was surreal to see it again and feel catapulted back in time.

I know it's pointless trying to find logic in something so meaningless as an advert, but I don't really understand why they Wrighty was cast in that advert?

Was their some cultural context I'm forgetting? Was he seen as the epitome of a 'not posh' celebrity (highly debatable) hence it being hilarious? Or did they just literally have a list of random celebrities and cast the first one who said yes?

edit: having watched again it's the 'game of two halves' thing, so just cast any old footballer. The posh voice thing is really random though.

i think the posh voice thing was to show its "fancy food" that turns common footballer "posh" & the voice was based on Adrian Lester, the well spoken young black actor of that time.
of course that could all be rubbish as ultimately it was an advert in the 90s with a footballer flapping his arms as a chicken.