The Overlap | Jamie Carragher: From Everton fan to Liverpool legend | Stick to Football EP 49

I enjoyed that one, Carragher is a good storyteller.
Impressive self-awareness regarding his competition with Terry and Rio for the England spot. Keane seemed flabbergasted that he just "accepted" his place as 4th/5th choice.

He's rated highly because of his 07/08 season, and to a lesser extend his 08/09 one too. 33 goals in 46 games is an outstanding season. 17 in 33 the following season wasn't bad either.

To add to one of your points, prior to his arrival Gerrard carried the team and our forward options were the likes of Crouch, Cisse, Bellamy, Kuyt etc. Torres was a huge step up.

That being said, Salah, Suarez, Fowler and arguably Mane were all better forwards. There's an argument to say Firmino was as well.

In quite a few matches in those two seasons and maybe even a bit after that when he was fit, it felt like he was a deadly one-chance-one-goal striker.

Players like Salah and Mane benefitted a lot from Klopp's style serving up a lot of chances. Don't think Torres had that luxury under Benitez.

It's like watching kids at kindergarten watching Neville, Scholes, Keane and Wright listening to Carragher. They were enthralled.

Decent watch this. Carragher is good at talking when he isn’t running agendas.

His favourite game of his career (I’m guessing he means Istanbul aside) is one of my worst, most annoying games ever, but like him, I really loved those mid-2000s CL battles with Liverpool.