The Overlap | Jamie Carragher: From Everton fan to Liverpool legend | Stick to Football EP 49

Rooney again?

quick fire questions, same overlap umbrella but different show i’d say.

As for the rest I think people are looking to deep into what these lot say, I’m just here for the disagreements and petty stuff don’t care about the facts or figures I just want Keane rants etc

The Overlap is a fantastic concept which Neville deserves huge credit for. His latest with Rooney is a great watch.
Starting off with Gary's thoughts on his old team mate as he drives into Wayne's estate, which is enormous. Throughout the interview you can feel the respect both players have for each other. Wayne's knowledge of football is also evident. Interesting listening to his views on the current England squad. Jorden Pickford, he said being Englands most important player and Harry Kane Englands best ever player. As a manager he gives the impression he demands a lot from his players as he had high demands on himself when he was a player. Great stories from him when he was a player under Moyes, big Dunc and Alan Stubbs. Would like to see him taking a new manager role. Reckon he could be successful (which I didn't believe before). Hope he gets another shot at it!

How fecking big is his estate? What's that worth?
Well it's a Volvo for a start. Plus it was chauffeur driven and survived Liverpool...
Wayne earned every penny. If he spoke like Chris Sutton would you be similarly impugning his path to wealth?

The Overlap is a fantastic concept which Neville deserves huge credit for. His latest with Rooney is a great watch.
Starting off with Gary's thoughts on his old team mate as he drives into Wayne's estate, which is enormous. Throughout the interview you can feel the respect both players have for each other. Wayne's knowledge of football is also evident. Interesting listening to his views on the current England squad. Jorden Pickford, he said being Englands most important player and Harry Kane Englands best ever player. As a manager he gives the impression he demands a lot from his players as he had high demands on himself when he was a player. Great stories from him when he was a player under Moyes, big Dunc and Alan Stubbs. Would like to see him taking a new manager role. Reckon he could be successful (which I didn't believe before). Hope he gets another shot at it!
He already has a new manager role he just took

I guess that was pre Plymouth. Think the United bias on the one on one interviews is fine, it's the main show we want to see more diversity/different guests.

I fecking love Rooney as a player and I always find him one of those players that mostly speak without a pre recorded cassette (damn I'm old), even if we agree or not, or even if soemtimes crosses some line due to his passionate self.

Wazza with the saltburn-esque estate while dressing like he's just back from collecting the dole

I could quite happily listen to Rooney talk about football and tell stories all day. He's great.
Yep, the same. Absolutely love the guy.
Although, sometimes i don't understand him. He speaks so quick and has strange accent (well, strange for me). It is like he swallows some words or something.

This Rooney quickfire questions was way the best overlap content this year. Rooney is so casual. 40y old in a body of 50y old with a mindset of 18y old.

feck sake, 4 minutes in and Rooney is already talking about sitting on a cow in his undies. :lol:

What a great episode! Listening to it while at work, and I'm convinced my colleagues must think I've got nuts, laughing to myself the whole time.

It was a great episode. I think this quartet works the best in terms of bouncing off each other and humour.

Do you know what wrighty, we used to sit there and look at them and say “look at these dickheads”
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love Wazza.

Wrighty learning what northerners call tea in his 60s is hilarious :lol:

Anyway, he's right. It's breakfast, lunch and dinner you chartalans.

Wrighty learning what northerners call tea in his 60s is hilarious :lol:

Anyway, he's right. It's breakfast, lunch and dinner you chartalans.

This is a contentious topic in the SilentWitness household.

"I made £800/900 but I probably lost the dressing room"

:lol: