The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Can the English feck off to the Nations League thread and leave us be miserable here in peace please

Worst thing about this if you're an Irish fan is Pogue swanning in here later after a day of hunting with the chaps saying "I told you I had better things to do!".

As an aside, it’s almost impressive how little Nathan Collins has developed the last few years. He genuinely doesn’t appear be in any way smarter as a centre half.

Worst thing about this if you're an Irish fan is Pogue swanning in here later after a day of hunting with the chaps saying "I told you I had better things to do!".
You sure he can take time from his busy schedule of telling people they are wrong on the internet to go on this hunt?

As an aside, it’s almost impressive how little Nathan Collins has developed the last few years. He genuinely doesn’t appear be in any way smarter as a centre half.
Not playing today but Bazunu is another that just didn't develop at all.

Yeah, he's gone backwards if anything.

It's mind boggling to think there isn't an Irish manager who gets us performing this poorly.

Bet Carsley subs himself on and nuts in a last minute icing-on-the-cake goal.

The hateful English prick.

Might play Roy Keane bingo at half time. Need the following: lack of passion, desire, closing down, quality and fight.

Just knew Rice and Grealish were going to score. Typical.

Carsley couldnt have hoped for an easier game.

I’ve always liked Robbie Brady but he looks a few years past it at this stage.

I’ve always liked Robbie Brady but he looks a few years past it at this stage.

He made his debutv in an equally shit team 12 years ago.

Rep of Ireland: Forde (Randolph 46), Kelly,St. Ledger, Meyler, Wilson (Pearce 46), Coleman, Keogh, McCarthy (Cox 65), Brady (McGeady 70), Doyle (McClean 61), Long (O'Brien 73).

Just knew Rice and Grealish were going to score. Typical.

Carsley couldnt have hoped for an easier game.
Who cares? They’re both English. I never understand people who complain about them not playing for us as if they’re traitors. Most English players who play for Ireland only do it cause they’re too shite for England.

England have miles better players than us. Irish football is in such a sorry state. We used to give them pretty good games.

I reckon some of the people playing in the legends match earlier would outpace Coleman.

I miss Kenny
Shame the powers that be decided that never winning football matches or even scoring goals wasn’t a “sustainable way of managing an international side”.

You’d wonder what it was really all about.

Enjoying watching my boy Ogbene. Great player. Shame he couldn't get the cross right but that's never been his forte.