The New Official Republic of Ireland Football Thread

Our performance against France in the last qualifiers was miles better then this.

We've shit the bed and made it too easy for England to carve us open

Coleman, Brady and Doherty have been great servants, but there time should be up.

Rice and Grealish - the two worst players to bloody score! Felt like it was inevitable with all the talk during the week.

England all over us. Ireland trying to give it a go but you can see a visible difference in quality. Getting caught out too easily. But you gotta remember there is a major difference in quality. England know there next 3 passes while Ireland are too slow to figure out the first one!

I don’t know how the manager is going to salvage something from this game.

As a footy fan no luck with my teams. On the bright side Italy smashed France yesterday. I’m half Italian so that’s a bonus.

In general, my three teams are doing awful. Hard times :lol:

Who cares? They’re both English. I never understand people who complain about them not playing for us as if they’re traitors. Most English players who play for Ireland only do it cause they’re too shite for England.

England have miles better players than us. Irish football is in such a sorry state. We used to give them pretty good games.

I didnt say anything about them not playing for Ireland.

My point being all the focus on them from the Irish media and like I said you just knew they would end up scoring.

I said it to a few people during the week that when your best players are your two goalkeepers your know the team is in trouble.

So Carsley is going to walk this Nations League group playing slick attacking football and get the job receiving media praise and carrying the hope of a nation... A tale as old as time.

He went from promising to past it in the blink of an eye.

Yeah, it was whenever he got those groin injuries at Hull, that took a lot out his pace and intensity, then that knee injury later on pretty much finished off whatever pace he left.

Yeah, it was whenever he got those groin injuries at Hull, that took a lot out his pace and intensity, then that knee injury later on pretty much finished off whatever pace he left.

Yeah, he missed crucial years when he should have been kicking on.

I don't get why Kelleher hasn't left Liverpool yet or pushes for it. He's clearly never going to be a number one choice there.

The ITV commentator reeling off England players who could have chosen Ireland seems a bit sadistic.

The ITV commentator reeling off England players who could have chosen Ireland seems a bit sadistic.
Ah it's a good chunk of them alright, and usually is. There are loads of us in the UK. It's just that Grealish and Rice wore the shirt. That grates a wee bit for some.

Is there still time for him to save himself?
Ah, with the injuries he’s going to have, he’ll end up being bustling target man who gets 3 goals a season.

Or in other words, the archetypal Irish striker. He couldn’t play for anybody else.