Film The Movies I want to see thread

I'm about 4 years behind with my Kitano films. Don't worry I will catch it. The fact he's already madea sequel for release this year speaks volumes. Don't think he's ever done a proper sequel before.

That's the first Kitano movie i really spent time watching (normally i'm on speed 3x for japanese dross)

Miike's Crows Zero I and II is another masterpiece i like, it's very entertaining and abit pop corn. Visitor Q and big bang juvenille love is too dark for my taste but it seems like a good one as well

That's the first Kitano movie i really spent time watching (normally i'm on speed 3x for japanese dross)

Miike's Crows Zero I and II is another masterpiece i like, it's very entertaining and abit pop corn. Visitor Q and big bang juvenille love is too dark for my taste but it seems like a good one as well
Check out Brother, Zaitoichi, Hana-Bi and the incredibly sweet kikijiro from Kitano.

Wong Kar Wai is a bit hard to enjoy, not everyone's cup of tea.

Takashi Miike, like him better

The Grandmasters might be a bit more accessible than his last few HK films, being a martial arts film and all.

Will be very interesting to see Miike's take on Harakiri.

Just saw "Outrage" last night.

You should watch it, my recommendation, it's ... enjoyable, very.

I thought it was one of his weakest...but yeah, still pretty OK.

Geez I didn't know you're into arthouse spoony, damn.. must have been that avatar of yours i can't erase.

I just finished "brothers", damn if that's the potrayal of japanese yakuza they're pretty scarry, they seems to really cherish the idea of glorious death

You ought to watch WKW's movies again. And make sure you see Zhang's earlier films - Raise the Red Lantern is a must.

So far I've watched:

Ashes of times, and As tears go by, Saviors of soul used to be my childhood favorite.

He's good, just abit slow paced, sometimes you know it's a good movie but you feel lazy to start the journey.

I think i should start seeing his masterpiece again, 2046 and in the mood for love supposedly good, but the premises didn't really attracts me

In the Mood for Love is a great film. You should also watch Chungking Express and Fallen Angels. I think you picked the wrong films to watch first. And I've got Ashes of Time redux on BR.... it's been gathering dust for months waiting to be watched.

And what have you seen by Miike?

I just finished "brothers", damn if that's the potrayal of japanese yakuza they're pretty scarry, they seems to really cherish the idea of glorious death

Good aint it, I love the rigged bets.

Can anyone help me here, trying to remember the name of the Jackie Chan film where the final fight is him and his mate fighting some master and he gets knocked down to the ground from the first floor so much he goes into a rage where all he cares about is making the old master fall once. Anyone remember the name of the film?

In the Mood for Love is a great film. You should also watch Chungking Express and Fallen Angels. I think you picked the wrong films to watch first. And I've got Ashes of Time redux on BR.... it's been gathering dust for months waiting to be watched.

And what have you seen by Miike?

Miike!!!

Crows Zero I and II is my favorite. I know, that's the most pop corn of all, but visitor Q , Big bang is too dark for my liking.

Redux was actually based loosely on the 5 martial arts figure of the Condor heroes era, it doesnt' bear anything to do with the stories, but just out of interest.

I think it's time to relive the classics!

You should try Ringo Lam's on fire trilogy, quite entertaining at its time. School on fire was my fave out of the city and prison on fire

Miike!!!

Crows Zero I and II is my favorite. I know, that's the most pop corn of all, but visitor Q , Big bang is too dark for my liking.

Redux was actually based loosely on the 5 martial arts figure of the Condor heroes era, it doesnt' bear anything to do with the stories, but just out of interest.

I think it's time to relive the classics!

You should try Ringo Lam's on fire trilogy, quite entertaining at its time. School on fire was my fave out of the city and prison on fire

Visitor Q's brilliant...apparently Miike's a bit of a conservative...and he was basically portraying the failure of the modern Japanese society. But yeah, it's one you'd either love or hate, much like the director himself. I've not seen Crows Zero...but my faves are Ichi, Visitor, Audition, Gozu, Rainy Dog, Fudoh....and Izo. I didn't think much of his Deal or Alive tril, nor did I care for Bird People in China and all. 13 Assassins looks like it might be a good watch, but I've not seen anything by him in yonks.

Enough with this talk of intelligent filmmaking - Superman has been cast!

He will be played by Henry Cavill, who I don't think I've ever seen in anything, but he was in The Tudors, apparently.

So now we have a British Superman to go with a British Spider-Man (who is going ot be fighting a British Lizard).

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. There was a British Mr. Fantastic as well, but that's probably best forgotten. There will be a British Professor X and Beast in the new X-Men too.

Both Magneto and X were British in the old ones, with an Aussie Wolverine..But Spiderman, Batman & Superman all being British is a bit odd. They're the big 3...I suppose that's sort of like having an American Bond? I consider Nolan's Batman's as British films (or as much British films) pretty much anyway tbh...They're full of so many bizarre bit parts and cameo's from random people from British telly and ads. I even noticed someone from Renford Rejects in the last one.

Both Magneto and X were British in the old ones, with an Aussie Wolverine..But Spiderman, Batman & Superman all being British is a bit odd. They're the big 3...I suppose that's sort of like having an American Bond? I consider Nolan's Batman's as British films (or as much British films) pretty much anyway tbh...They're full of so many bizarre bit parts and cameo's from random people from British telly and ads. I even noticed someone from Renford Rejects in the last one.

and Hollyoaks.

cavill3v2us8.jpg
Henry Cavill superman mockup.

Also surprised not much has been made by the fact the next Wolverine film is being directed by Aronofsky

Cedar Rapids looks like it will quite amusing

That X-Men first class trailer looks awesome, love that part at the end when Magneto is hoisting a submarine out of the ocean, one of the most badass characters I have to say.

New Spidey film finally gets an official title. I reckon most of us could have guessed it'd be called "The Amazing Spider-Man", but it took Sony a while. Here's the second official shot from the production (which manages to obscure the worst features of the new suit such as the blackened crotch, the silver shoes and the stripes down the legs):

article-1297775690830-0D312491000005DC-280863_636x659.jpg

Oh yeah, totally forgot about that. There was a British Mr. Fantastic as well, but that's probably best forgotten. There will be a British Professor X and Beast in the new X-Men too.

Technically it'll have a British Magneto (Fassbender, although he's kind of German too), Professor X and Beast in it.

Saying that it is directed by Matthew Vaughn, hence the British influence - and his regular acquaintence Jason Flemyng is once again making a appearance as Azazel.

The most important news of today, DJ Caruso in talks to direct Preacher!

pirates4new.jpg

Oldman says the new story for Dark Knight Rises is incredible and better than the Dark Knight. The League of Shadows returns, Talia Al'Ghul (and maybe Ra's al Ghul, returns.) Joseph Levitt has been cast.

Daredevils being rebooted by David Slade.

Im a fan of the Conan books by Howard but when it comes to film adaptions, They seem to miss the soul of the books. Thats a crap teaser to be honest.

Preacher early news. Director wants Chris Pine for Jesse Custer. Brilliantly Shia Lebeouf is interested in playing arseface. Alex Pettyfer (so very wrong and therefore the film will feck it up) for the fecking saint of killers! Please, Please, Please, someone come in and take what is for me one of the seminal stories of the last century away from these knobs.