Film The Movies I want to see thread

Cowboys and Aliens is one film I'm really looking forward to. Sucker punch I can't quite make my mind on. Also we put the trailers on here about 2-3 pages ago.

I really can't wait for The Tree of Life. My expectations are sky high after that trailer, doesn't give away the movie like most trailers, just captures the feel of it. One of the greatest trailers in recent memory.

They don't half suck these franchises dry, do they?

You know you're out of idea when you have to resort to bringing friggin' dinosaur all the way from 65 million years ago to make another Ice Age sequel. Human in Ice Age 1, and dinosaur in Ice Age 3, really? I mean really???

And people still pay millions to see that. Ridiculous.

They don't half suck these franchises dry, do they?

You know you're out of idea when you have to resort to bringing friggin' dinosaur all the way from 65 million years ago to make another Ice Age sequel. Human in Ice Age 1, and dinosaur in Ice Age 3, really? I mean really???

And people still pay millions to see that. Ridiculous.

Speaking of franchises, rumours are that Jurrasic Park 4 has started production.

Hammer is well and truly back, now they may have already done a couple of films but this one has Christopher Lee in it.

New trailer for Battle :Los Angeles. This is looking more and more like the best summer movie next year. That song goes brilliantly with the trailer - 'Sun has gone dim'.

New trailer for Battle :Los Angeles. This is looking more and more like the best summer movie next year. That song goes brilliantly with the trailer - 'Sun has gone dim'.

Does look interesting, saw a teaser review somewhere the other day for it. Apparently it's good but you will end up hating people from Los Angeles and maybe cheer the Aliens on.

None film related news. New series of Thunderbirds helmed by Gerry Anderson to celebrate 50 years of supermarination is happening.

First official photo from the new Spider-Man film: First Shot of Andrew Garfield as Spider-Man! | Superhero Hype

hr_Untitled_Spider-Man_Film_8.jpg

Hated it on first look, as it seemed really 90s-ish and latexy, but it actually looks like it's a under-armour type of thing that he has painted himself and some of it has run and rubbed off. Claw marks courtesy of the Lizard, maybe?

Also, unlike in the old films, but true to the comics - the web shooters are back. I always thought that was a silly thing about the comic book Spider-man - he was bitten by a radioactive spider and inherited all the abilities of that creature... except for the most useful and well-known of them and had to figure out how to make his own webs. Not Stan Lee's finest moment.

Looks interesting. I used to be a fan of Spiderman when I was a kid and was a bit disappointed with the movies. Being a bit of a Garfield fanboy makes me feel optimistic about it. Lizard was always my favorite villain.

First look at X-Men: First Class: First Look at X-Men: First Class | Superhero Hype

27a3975c-c72c-4675-a088-1714cdc69e06.jpg

Not sure what to make of this (or even who some of the characters are supposed to be) as the last two X-Men related films (X3 and Wolverine) have been piss poor, but at least the costume design is more interesting than the black leather look in the Bryan Singer films. Also, finally - a comic book film set in the time the comic books came out. Lets hope they do a good job of it, although it is a Fox film, so it'll probably be shite...

Also, I'm not sure what Fox think this film is. Is it a reboot, an origin story or a seperate, stand-alone one-off? The continuity is all over the place, but I get the feeling certain characters have been left out purely so as not to confuse the general movie-going public - namely four of the five original members of the X-Men from the comic series.

Lots of superhero based news in recent days: Now Anne Hathaway has been cast as Catwoman in the next Batman film and the other villain is Bane.

ZZ329CBE2Etop.jpg

ZZ3231E640-550x366.jpg

Fassbender as Magneto and Mcavoy as Xavier
x-men-first-class-cast.jpg

and th class

Tron 3 is a go. The teaser will be in the upcoming dvd blu ray release.

Those animes by Makoto Shinkai look lush. Chans 1911 looks intriguing. I will have to catch up on Kitano's films. In fact theres some incredible looking films on that list. Posters frm the Monkey king look incredible.

Just saw "Outrage" last night.

You should watch it, my recommendation, it's ... enjoyable, very.

I'm about 4 years behind with my Kitano films. Don't worry I will catch it. The fact he's already madea sequel for release this year speaks volumes. Don't think he's ever done a proper sequel before.

Thank goodness for cheap cinemas (cost me 1.5 quid on weekdays and 2 quid on weekends) that i can spare some cash to watch these hollywood / korean / japanese dross week in week out.

Pirates 4? Transformer 3? Spiderman 1 after 3? Sickens me