The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats called cherry picking, and it will never win an argument. you cant point to one team he worked at previously and say "look, look he did bad!" and ignore everything else.

Heres how the conversation went, stop me if you think it sounds stupid as feck:

"The way hes set us up and has us playing is terrible, it will never work!"

"It worked at inter when they won the treble."

"Who cares, thats not relevant!"

See how stupid and full of bias that looks? You might have an argument for why what works at inter wont work here, but to just say "Its not relevant!"? Sorry, youll convince no one with that shit.

True but the black and white of it is. We don’t believe in that Inter approach At Manchester United. Jose Mourinho does and always has; you could say those fans that thought he could change were naive but this was always a short and what should have been successful solution which just hasn’t worked out.

4th time lucky we can hope but we really have to make sure all the ingredients are right on the next appointment. We aren’t going to find SAF 2.0 so we have to update our model accordingly.

I’ve come across as quite anti Jose of late and it’s not my intention. He’s got the CV which proves he was a great manager throughout his career.

But I just don’t think he’s the right fit for United. Sir Bobby didn’t want him here and for good reason.

He’s a trouble maker and his football isn’t exciting enough to keep him here long term. IF he starts the next league game with attacking intent, the one after that and then the game after that I will change my tune on him.

But I fear that he’s more of a reactionary manager than a head coach who sets out to control a match from kick off and even at 2-1 up, wants to still go for more goals and kill the game.

I’m sick and tired watching us retreat to an extremely deep defensive line every single time we’re just a goal up. It’s negative and inviting pressure simply breeds fear amongst our defence.

Look at Aston Villa yesterday. They got rid of negative Steve Bruce and brought in Dean Smith who had Brentford playing some lovely football. Yes, Brentford. A few weeks ago Villa were sat deep, conceding too many goals and looking nervous in defence every time opposition atracked them.

Yesterday, Smith pushed their line high and attacked his opponent. They won the game and should have scored more.

My point is, no team fears us anymore because we are the side that looks scared and not in control. And this comes from Jose Mourinho, not Woodward or the Glazers.

Sorry all that interest me was that I wasn’t the only one thinking Steve Bruce was a dated defensive coach. The play off final at the end of last season, he’s tactics cost Villa promotion even though his stability got them to the top half of the table. Very similar traits to what we see here at United.

Clinging on to that?? It was 8 years ago not 80. GTFO with your cherry picking arguments.
To be fair, you also cherry pick with your arguments.

You can’t give any reasonable debate in regards to Jose and his complete lack of progress considering how much he’s spent, the time he’s been here and the tumescent football we’re playing.

You seem to only have “back him and we’ll win” based on absolutely nothing. He has already spent a lot of money and he’s not doing well.

We would all love the days of having one manager running everything for 10+ years to return. But those days are far gone.

Would you have Rafa Benitez at United? He won the CL in 2005. What about Ranieri? He won the league just 3 years ago.

Your stance is passionate and you’re sticking to your guns, but your argument and reasons for Jose staying are hugely flawed.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/oct/21/jose-mourinho-manchester-united-defence-attack

Good article, I think, in line with what many on here see as the main problem with United's current team and Mourinho's tactics: The defense ist not solid enough to play the signature Mourinho way, sitting back, absorbing pressure, and then striking when the time's right. But these problems can be nullified when the team is in attacking mode instead of waiting for the oppenent to attack, as evidenced by... actually a shitload of matches, probably epitomized by the win against City last season, but also the second halves against Newcastle and Chelsea, up to the part where you were ahead and Mou decided to switch to defense mode again.
It is plain to see that attack is the best defense for this United, but Mourinho continues to default to defense first, and he will have to change that or go.

A manager cannot change after 15 years of doing the same thing. Don't know how many times games like the last two have to happen before people realise this.
His instinct is to first make sure he doesn't lose a game before he goes for it.
It will cost him his job at this club. Pity a season will be wasted with us repeating the same pattern match after match.

A manager cannot change after 15 years of doing the same thing. Don't know how many times games like the last two have to happen before people realise this.
His instinct is to first make sure he doesn't lose a game before he goes for it.
It will cost him his job at this club. Pity a season will be wasted with us repeating the same pattern match after match.

He's a serial winner so I'm fine with that approach.

You're fine with us approaching games with no real approach until the second half? We're not going to do well doing that.
If it was guaranteed we'd win every game like that I'd be happy, but it's highly unlikely.

You're fine with us approaching games with no real approach until the second half? We're not going to do well doing that.
If it was guaranteed we'd win every game like that I'd be happy, but it's highly unlikely.

His approach worked fine last year and fine at the bridge this year Attacking from minute one cost us a 3-0 defeat at Spurs.

Why would I have an issue with it?

The problem is our approach to games isis clear not working. Don't see what's hard to unfunderst about that.

Well it did last season. And as for the Chelsea game it was more likely to get us 3 points then when Liverpool went there under Klopp.

Well it did last season. And as for the Chelsea game it was more likely to get us 3 points then when Liverpool went there under Klopp.
Imo, your approach is wrong when you only start attacking with any intent when your behind.
As for last season, just look at the number of points we dropped to lower placed sides.
You have a right to your views but can't accept the way we approach games does us any good.

Yeah we played some 'proper' football from 1986-1990 :wenger:

What about the proper 'slow zombie football' everyone was ridiculously complaining about (for the record not me) on here in Fergie's last few years?
A) We weren't the bohemoth of a club we are today. Sir Alex built that. Today's clueless United managers get to spend a fortune almost nearly ever summer and still produce this nonsensical football.

B) What about it? We did start playing less cohesively towards the fag end of Fergie's time here. He's allowed a bit of leeway after dominating the footballing landscape for two decades, isn't he? Also, even the zombie football period was miles better than what we see today. That's the difference between the greatest of all time, and the last three misfits we've hired.

Except it isn't working here. Which is all that really matters. So I'm definitely not fine with his approach.

Also the serial winning stopped post Inter. After that he's won big titles here and there - 1 La Liga and 1 PL, but I don't think he's a serial winner (of big trophies) anymore. You could say that about Pep right now, possibly Zidane but not Mourinho.

After seeing the team fight back vs Newcastle and Chelsea I think he should stay. Despite everything that's written, the team seems to play for their coach (and themselves) - I would keep him because there's absolutely no guarantee someone else would do any better with this squad.

His approach worked fine last year and fine at the bridge this year Attacking from minute one cost us a 3-0 defeat at Spurs.

Why would I have an issue with it?

Because most games are horrible to watch? I dunno, as entertainment I feel like actually being entertained is quite important. Years of tumescent stuff is seemingly alright for some, but not for all of us.

Correction what cost us against Spurs was terrible finishing and even worse defending.

Imo, your approach is wrong when you only start attacking with any intent when your behind.
As for last season, just look at the number of points we dropped to lower placed sides.
You have a right to your views but can't accept the way we approach games does us any good.

Last season we were higher than those with more daring brands of football, so I'd argue it was working fine.

Except it isn't working here. Which is all that really matters. So I'm definitely not fine with his approach.

Also the serial winning stopped post Inter. After that he's won big titles here and there - 1 La Liga and 1 PL, but I don't think he's a serial winner (of big trophies) anymore. You could say that about Pep right now, possibly Zidane but not Mourinho.

It's a terrible start to the season but it's also October. The idea that he's stopped being a seriel winner since Inter is a bit laughable to be honest. He's since won La Liga, Copa Del Rey, another Premier League, a Europa Cup with us and an EFL Cup.

Say what you want about the guy but don't argue against his winning mentality.

As for what is and what isn't working here - we've basically made a shit start to the season. But his CV and managerial pedigree deserves more than sections of the fan giving up because he doesn't play the style Klopp or Pep seems to offer at the moment. He has undeniably improved our results with one of the best win %s in United history so let's give him some slack and hope he turns it around. Going by Chelsea and Newcastle it looks positive so far.

Because most games are horrible to watch? I dunno, as entertainment I feel like actually being entertained is quite important. Years of tumescent stuff is seemingly alright for some, but not for all of us.

Correction what cost us against Spurs was terrible finishing and even worse defending.

I find entertainment second most important after winning. Last season for half the year we were great to watch and winning. Then we were shite to watch but still better than 18 other teams. Let's just see how it goes from here shall we?

As for your Spurs point, it's just bizzare. Jose knows his defence is a bit shit which is why he approaches the big games even more cautiously than he might have before. Argue all you want but his points against big teams works well. Beating the likes of City and Liverpool, Chelsea last year too IIRC. And grabbing a point at the bridge when we deserved more is nothing to scoff at. The argument of "its not working" sure as hell doesn't apply to those big games.

After seeing the team fight back vs Newcastle and Chelsea I think he should stay. Despite everything that's written, the team seems to play for their coach (and themselves) - I would keep him because there's absolutely no guarantee someone else would do any better with this squad.

In my opinion some of the players were clearly not trying in the stupid hope that they could get the manager the sack.

When it became clear that this was not going to happen they have started to perform.

Manchester United is far bigger than any player or manager for that matter (SAF excluded) and the quicker they all realise that the better.

Jose will do it his way and don't tell me that at 55 he is past it.
The hunger and desire is as strong as ever.

Of course he knows things have not worked out. That is why he has been so annoyed. He hates to loose and takes failure as a personal insult.

So his achievements have no relevance, but his failures do? :lol:

Yes. That’s how football works. Conte and ranieri won the leagues after Jose, but you didn’t see Leicester and Chelsea clinging on to that acheivement.

Do we still stick on to Sanchez if he’s delivering crap saying that he was still a WC player at Arsenal?

Clinging on to that?? It was 8 years ago not 80. GTFO with your cherry picking arguments.

8 years is a long time in Football. Managers that have won the league after Jose have been sacked and the clubs have moved on.

You just keep clinging onto his past achievements and hope it miraculously works out.

When did I say the decision to sack Mourinho would have been made on the back of a loss to Newcastle? Stop creating bullshit to suit your twisted narrative.

A loss at home to Newcastle would not have seen Jose sacked when viewed as a singular event, obviously not, but it could very well have been the deciding factor in a culmination of negative events surrounding our manager and his leadership of the club, stretching as far back as the Sevilla debacle last year. I'm not going to list all of those negatives as I have already done so in this thread.

There was every chance Jose would have been sacked following a loss at home to relegation candidates Newcastle. It's impossible to say with any degree of certainty given the unpredictable nature of football club owners in general, but to rule it out entirely would be naive.

That is exactly what you said, and you even confirmed it later in the post! This board do not think like you are claiming, it is mere projection. They do not make decisions based off emotional thinking of losing to a bad side (eg. the last straw that is the breaking point).

Moyes and LVG both survived long past these breaking points, because the board use targets to sack managers. LVG got knocked out in the group stages of the CL, and lost 3 games in a row in the league, he also said later on that the some players stopped listening to him around this time. He survived for 5 months despite all of this. Moyes also lost the players well before he was sacked.

Our board do not sack unless their hand is forced. They generally give managers more time than most clubs.

The 3 most prestigious managers this decade Pep, Jose and Klopp have failed in the CL. Pep has not been in a CL final for 7 years, Jose 8 and Klopp has been in 2 and lost both. Reminds me of Ferguson, all 3 may win it again or win it for the first time, but after their last success you expected them to win it more and expected them to do better. Shows it is not an easy competition to win.

Yes. That’s how football works. Conte and ranieri won the leagues after Jose, but you didn’t see Leicester and Chelsea clinging on to that acheivement.

Do we still stick on to Sanchez if he’s delivering crap saying that he was still a WC player at Arsenal?

That’s not at all how it works. But hey, sure let’s bin Sanchez since he’s out of form. Let’s never play him ever again. Insat, martial played like shit for awhile as well, should bin that guy too. Luke Shaw was fecking dreadful for a spell as well, best get shot of him. Remember de gea? Remember how shit he was at the start of his United career? What about SAF? What about anyone that’s ever played, or managed the game?

But that’s not the argument you were having. You claimed his set up couldn’t work. It was pointed out to you that it in fact did work elsewhere. But we should ignore that because we’ve had a bad start to the season? Because the gutter press what’s to sell papers with drama? Nah, mate. Sorry, I don’t buy into the brand of bullshit. Form comes and goes, there’s good times and bad times. And unless the players stop playing for him, hes more than earned the right to try to turn things around. Enough with the drama, United isn’t a soap opera or reality show. A lot of people need to stop treating it as one.

8 years is a long time in Football. Managers that have won the league after Jose have been sacked and the clubs have moved on.

You just keep clinging onto his past achievements and hope it miraculously works out.

8 years, 6 major titles (2 League, 3 Domestic Cups, 1 EL). And I would argue he takes on tougher jobs than some of his fellow managers, jobs where there is work to be done, we're success isn't a given.

You and other seem to be implying, badly, that hes done nothing in 8 years (8 of course as it conveniently knocks off the treble he won 8 years and 5 months ago). Had he worked at Bayern or PSG, perhaps Celtic or another club where winning the title is all but guaranteed, then sure, his numbers would be boosted.

Better than sitting 10th and playing crap football for the most part and being inept defensively after spending £400? Must be a hard task. I can’t believe the stuff that I’m reading on this board at times.

I get that people are pro Jose and anti Jose but not wanting to get rid because the next guy could be the same is a real small time mentality to have.

Why can't the next guy be afford 3-4 windows to get it right like Jose has had and like LVG had before him?

I really don't get your argument at all.

Moyes and LVG both survived long past these breaking points, because the board use targets to sack managers. LVG got knocked out in the group stages of the CL, and lost 3 games in a row in the league, he also said later on that the some players stopped listening to him around this time. He survived for 5 months despite all of this. Moyes also lost the players well before he was sacked.

Our board do not sack unless their hand is forced. They generally give managers more time than most clubs.

For me, the circumstances are slightly different in Mourinho's case, which is a why a great many feel his sacking should have come and gone long ago.

Jose's predecessors, although shockingly incompetent in their own distinct way, did not instigate open media war with the chairman of the club over an internal financial issue, they did not fall out with half the squad (including its star player and club talisman) and they did not engage practically journalist on the planet in open war and then complain they were the victim of a witch hunt. Every ounce of which has been made available for public viewing, allowing the likes of you and me to argue the toss over.

They did not drag clubs good name through the mud as a self-serving, narcissistic, defence measure whenever their ability to perform competently came under question.

They absolutely did not publically condemn individual players after a poor team performance.

They did not spend as much money in the transfer market as Jose did - not even collectively.

Moyes' football was barely football, LVG's was dull and uninspiring, Jose's style is quite possibly the worst to be displayed in the history of the game.

The fact of the matter is this, the club has barely progressed (if at all!) during his tenure at the club and when has is finally shown the door (and that day will come whether you like it or not) very few ppl will shed a tear. This is coming from a huge Jose Mourinho fan I might add.

Last edited:
For me, the circumstances are slightly different in Mourinho's case

Jose's predecessors, although shockingly incompetent in their own distinct way, did not instigate open media war with the chairman of the club over an internal financial issue, they did not fall out with half the squad (including its star player and club talisman) and they did not engage practically journalist on the planet in open war and then complain they were the victim of a witch hunt. Every ounce of which has been made available for public viewing, allowing the likes of you and me to argue the toss over.

They did not drag clubs good name through the mud as a self-serving, narcissistic, defence measure whenever his ability to perform his role competently came under question.

They absolutely did not publically condemn individual players after a poor team performance.

They did not spend as much money in the transfer market as Jose did - not even collectively.

Moyes' football was barely football, LVG's was dull and uninspiring, Jose's style is quite possibly the worst to be displayed in the history of the game.

The fact of the matter is this, the club has barely progressed (if at all!) during his tenure at the club and when has is finally shown the door (and that day will come whether you like it or not) very few ppl will shed a tear. This is coming from a huge Jose Mourinho fan I might add.

LVG did that. His pressers were only and purely him vs journalists, all the time throughout his second season.

Mourinho didn't do the other things though as far as I'm concerned. The players are clearly playing for him, so he didn't lose the dressing room, and he hasn't attacked the board at all. That was a myth.

I get that people are pro Jose and anti Jose but not wanting to get rid because the next guy could be the same is a real small time mentality to have.

Why can't the next guy be afford 3-4 windows to get it right like Jose has had and like LVG had before him?

I really don't get your argument at all.

What I don't get is how someone can actually believe a coach at a big club would get 3 or 4 transfer windows to make a difference, that's TWO seasons. Dream on, Barca fanboi. It's 3 or 4 games in today's world at best...

Nothing about this is small mentality, I'm going by facts today, not how much he spent 2 or 3 summers ago, that money is gone. What I saw yesterday was a United team seconds away from winning at one of the teams most hyped this season in the league. And one of the players who is supposed on his way out and not on speaking terms with Mourinho making a huge difference. When will people realize the media is making stuff up, the truth is what happens on the field and there the team seems to be turning things around. But I guess even if that happens people would say it was despite Mourinho...

LVG did that. His pressers were only and purely him vs journalists, all the time throughout his second season.

Mourinho didn't do the other things though as far as I'm concerned. The players are clearly playing for him, so he didn't lose the dressing room, and he hasn't attacked the board at all. That was a myth.

LVG was argumentative when confronted with the media, but nothing malicious ever transpired between them. Same is not the case for Jose.

We wouldn't even be discussing these issues if they did not exist. Where there is smoke there is fire. Are we to assume all of the bullshit that went on over the summer and beyond was pure fabrication on the media's part?

Last edited:
What I don't get is how someone can actually believe a coach at a big club would get 3 or 4 transfer windows to make a difference, that's TWO seasons. Dream on, Barca fanboi. It's 3 or 4 games in today's world at best...

Nothing about this is small mentality, I'm going by facts today, not how much he spent 2 or 3 summers ago, that money is gone. What I saw yesterday was a United team seconds away from winning at one of the teams most hyped this season in the league. And one of the players who is supposed on his way out and not on speaking terms with Mourinho making a huge difference. When will people realize the media is making stuff up, the truth is what happens on the field and there the team seems to be turning things around. But I guess even if that happens people would say it was despite Mourinho...

Mou's biggest issue is left to his own devices It's highly probably Martial would have been allowed to leave in the summer from all reports at that time. He brought in Sanchez to replace him. Even though the majority of the fanbase thought Martial was a quality player. Then his new player doesnt perform (and there are 3/4 examples of this)...he reverts back to the player he didn't rate....that player actually plays well.....jose then seems to rate the player again......begging the fecking question why does he make his mind up with players, then throw them back in and have his mind changed back all within 12 months!!!! The strategy at our club thanks to Mou is bonkers right now. I'm his biggest fan but jesus he's lost his way when it comes to thoughtful decision making and sticking to his guns.

We wouldn't even be discussing these issues if they did not exist. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Are we to assume all of the bullshit that went on over the summer and beyond was pure fabrication on the media's part due to two good second half performances from the players?

Well first for the public war with the board there's absolutely nothing into it, not even media reports. That's just fans assumptions that turned to facts. The board refused to get him some signings he wanted, and that's it. It ended at this point and neither Mourinho nor Ed talked much about this anymore in the media. Even during the summer Mourinho was always saying if he's not getting signings we would have to believe and fight and he knows Ed does the best for him..etc. I don't see any public war with the media.

As for the players, there could have been some issues with this and this of the group but I suspect it reached the point of players downing the tools completely and him losing the dressing room. I don't think his relationship with the likes of Pogba is rosy and great, but they're both professional enough to go with it and Pogba didn't turn on him or downed the tools on the pitch, in fact he has been our best player this season so far. I don't think his relationship with Martial is fantastic but the kid is putting great performance whenever he steps on the pitch now. So small issues might have been/be there but not the point of losing dressing room or downing the tools..etc. The media exaggerated it as usual.

In fact I actually thing LVG lost the dressing room far more than any issues Mourinho's having with the current group. It was reported after he left that the players weren't even bothering in reading the emails he was sending them and he knew that and couldn't force them to do it. I don't think it has reached the stage of players ignoring Mourinho's instructions currently like what happened with LVG.

And also as I said LVG turned his pressers in his second season to a complete war between him and the media. We all remembered when he left the pressing room after asking the journalists to apologize to him, without answering a single question. He pointed to Custis as "fat guy". He kept saying he has 3 years contracts and is going nowhere. He reached the stage of bringing the FA Cup with him to the presser to show it to journalists and mocking them for sacking him 6 months ago. He was more interested in his war with the press than in coaching the team, so I think your point is invalid imo.

I think Mourinho is going to stay for the rest of the season while Ed works on his successor to ensure himself. Top 4 will seal his fate and it's highly unlikely we'll get imo but at the moment I can't see him leaving midseason any soon. The point of doing that was earlier after WHU defeat but the players seem to be on his side so we'll wait and see if he's able to turn it around.

We wouldn't even be discussing these issues if they did not exist. Where there is smoke there is fire. Are we to assume all of the bullshit that went on over the summer and beyond was pure fabrication on the media's part?
The bulk of it yes, if you believe the tabloids Jose has fallen out with everyone including players which blatantly isn't the case.
If you're willing to believe the likes of the daily mail and mirror then you're easily misled.
Oh and we musnt forget that a very reputable journalist who was never wrong said he was two be sacked a fortnight ago, and yet Mourinho is still here.

I've swung my opinion, give the guy until the end of the season and give him the money to sort that dog shite defence out.

Personally I thought there was no fight left in them, now I can see they are battling.

Mou's biggest issue is left to his own devices It's highly probably Martial would have been allowed to leave in the summer from all reports at that time. He brought in Sanchez to replace him. Even though the majority of the fanbase thought Martial was a quality player. Then his new player doesnt perform (and there are 3/4 examples of this)...he reverts back to the player he didn't rate....that player actually plays well.....jose then seems to rate the player again......begging the fecking question why does he make his mind up with players, then throw them back in and have his mind changed back all within 12 months!!!! The strategy at our club thanks to Mou is bonkers right now. I'm his biggest fan but jesus he's lost his way when it comes to thoughtful decision making and sticking to his guns.

Because things can change... People act like everything else remains constant like pieces on a chess board and it's only Mourinho's decisions moving stuff around and they reacting. How can it be that he changed his mind in the last 12 months? The most likely scenario would be that Martial was behaving like a little kid or was distracted because of the contract situation and/or becoming father and didn't perform at 100%. Mourinho reacted accordingly by dropping him and getting someone in there who he thought would deliver. Turns out Sanchez was just looking for one large final payday and Martial realizing he has to perform better to get paid in the future and changing his mentality thus making the coach change his mind again.
This is a squad of over 20 personalities, some of them with an ego that could fill a room, primadonnas that act like little kids. If anything Mourinho is one of a dying breed of coaches not bending to all wishes of these pampered players and sometimes telling them off (maybe over the top and too harsh). As Zidane has already let his agent say that he won't coach in the PL I don't see any coach out there that could be better suited to handle the situation at United than Mourinho.

Well first for the public war with the board there's absolutely nothing into it, not even media reports. That's just fans assumptions that turned to facts. The board refused to get him some signings he wanted, and that's it. It ended at this point and neither Mourinho nor Ed talked much about this anymore in the media. Even during the summer Mourinho was always saying if he's not getting signings we would have to believe and fight and he knows Ed does the best for him..etc. I don't see any public war with the media.

As for the players, there could have been some issues with this and this of the group but I suspect it reached the point of players downing the tools completely and him losing the dressing room. I don't think his relationship with the likes of Pogba is rosy and great, but they're both professional enough to go with it and Pogba didn't turn on him or downed the tools on the pitch, in fact he has been our best player this season so far. I don't think his relationship with Martial is fantastic but the kid is putting great performance whenever he steps on the pitch now. So small issues might have been/be there but not the point of losing dressing room or downing the tools..etc. The media exaggerated it as usual.

In fact I actually thing LVG lost the dressing room far more than any issues Mourinho's having with the current group. It was reported after he left that the players weren't even bothering in reading the emails he was sending them and he knew that and couldn't force them to do it. I don't think it has reached the stage of players ignoring Mourinho's instructions currently like what happened with LVG.

And also as I said LVG turned his pressers in his second season to a complete war between him and the media. We all remembered when he left the pressing room after asking the journalists to apologize to him, without answering a single question. He pointed to Custis as "fat guy". He kept saying he has 3 years contracts and is going nowhere. He reached the stage of bringing the FA Cup with him to the presser to show it to journalists and mocking them for sacking him 6 months ago. He was more interested in his war with the press than in coaching the team, so I think your point is invalid imo.

I think Mourinho is going to stay for the rest of the season while Ed works on his successor to ensure himself. Top 4 will seal his fate and it's highly unlikely we'll get imo but at the moment I can't see him leaving midseason any soon. The point of doing that was earlier after WHU defeat but the players seem to be on his side so we'll wait and see if he's able to turn it around.

Such a long post. I respect the effort all the same.

What it all boils down to is what you're willing to believe or indeed disbelieve. This is the power the media have over us. But do not be fooled, footballers and coaches use that very same power to their advantage when it suits them.

Short of a catastrophic run of results that sees us loitering around the relegation zone, I also believe Jose is here for the season. What transpires from here on in is anyone's guess, though.

Also @Dec9003

So finally we have seen this expensive squad can play well, and aren't just overpriced bad players, well I'm shocked, Jose now has zero room for excuses for bad football from now on..

10th in the league with some more tough fixtures ahead of us

Mourinho will need to pull something out of the bag over the next run of fixtures or we could be in the shit

Status
Not open for further replies.