The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well lets look at things.

We're 9 points behind the two teams in first place and we're 7 points behind 4th place. Now, you can kind of accept this when a manager comes in and starts the process of building a team but that's not the case here.

Everyone knows the Mourinho bargain. He'll play boring football. He'll irritate the fans and the players. He'll do all sorts of nonsense but in return you get big trophies. That isn't happening.

When we go down and the players decide to go for it we can be unplayable. That's because we have a plethora of very good attacking footballers at our disposal. Our problem at the moment is that we've got a manager who doesn't know how to use them.

It's easy to forget but football is actually a game that is designed to be fun. We don't have any fun. You cannot guarantee any manager out there will go and win us trophies but what we can do is get a manager who wants to play football the right way.

Today we show passion, desire and we played good. In away match against top club. Jose is staying lads.

Today we show passion, desire and we played good. In away match against top club. Jose is staying lads.
For all that passion and desire on display we're going to end the weekend even further away from top 4 than we came in.

Good for you you can count. I saw improvement, Martial and Rashford starting on both wings excites me.
Counting must sound like a superpower to you. But I can't take your praise for I am a normal being. It's relevant because top 4 is the last standing metric to judge the season on and the result took us further away. A win would have been huge

Counting must sound like a superpower to you. But I can't take your praise for I am a normal being. It's relevant because top 4 is the last standing metric to judge the season on and the result took us further away. A win would have been huge

Yeah a win would have been huge, was it the managers fault they couldnt clear the ball at the last? When was the last time we almost woni at stamford bridge? Nobody wants to give Jose credit for this game at all.

Strange comment elaborate!

People dont take in all the factors they just blame the manager. Its never the teams fault, always the managers, its never the other team just being better its the manager, its never the board etc its the manager. Of course theres a lot of times its the manager but for me today it wasnt.

Weird it's not working for us. Maybe, just maybe that means we have other problem these clubs don't ?

Yes. There are structural changes needed at the club. But Jose shouldn't be a part of the restructuring plan.

Some fans blame the players, some the board/Ed and some the manager. The actual reality is its a collective failure. Fixing just one of these three issues is not going to solve the problem.

Yes. There are structural changes needed at the club. But Jose shouldn't be a part of the restructuring plan.

Some fans blame the players, some the board/Ed and some the manager. The actual reality is its a collective failure. Fixing just one of these three issues is not going to solve the problem.

Don't think anyone disagree with this.

It wouldn't s

Club Etc are pretty damn good though.

So were we or and we should still aspire to be.

The other 3, well, exception rather than the rule. Chelsea have spent 2 or 3billion since 2003, Real and Barcelona dominate a league in which they could give the job to FM players on a game by game basis and still be successful.

Chelsea have had 13 managers, not including caretakers for a single game or two. Only 3 have win the title. Thats probably similar to our own rate of league winning managers, only ours is over 140 years, not 14...

They have been the most successful since the takeover. Not just the league titles, they have won the FA cup like every three years, add to that a CL, Europa league and league cups.

It all depends on what the vision of the board/Owner is.Roman wanted to bring success, then attractive football and has worked towards that. If you ask the Glazers/Ed about the vision for our club, they wouldnt know sqaut besides commercial value.

Last edited:
Again they have systems put in place already so they can do that, do you feckers not read or what?

Put the same system with Jose at the helm and we would still crash and burn, like in his previous tenures. Do you not follow football or what?

Jose has to go asap, he just can't handle the pressure at United. His buys have been awful and the play is dreadful. A slimy win against the barcodes and sad draw at chelski don't change a thing in my eyes. He's not the man for the job and was never ever a first choice.

Feck the manager! Why should everything be about him. We win, we lose we draw and it's always about him. Pressers are all about him. If we are not sick of it then the players must be. Not a Man utd manager and never will be. Time to say goodbye!
Jose has to go asap, he just can't handle the pressure at United. His buys have been awful and the play is dreadful. A slimy win against the barcodes and sad draw at chelski don't change a thing in my eyes. He's not the man for the job and was never ever a first choice.

feck me :lol:

Over 70% of people have voted for Jose to get sacked, that's more than the rest combined, respect! I can understand the arguments, although not agreeing with them. What I don't get is grown men using this place as if it was the comment section of The Daily Mail. It's as if any decent result makes people afraid they might lose momentum and have to remind everyone we still need to get rid. Some hard men even seem to wait patiently in the match day thread til the whistle blows and come here like "okay, am sorry but this cnut has to go, goodbye!". Does it make you feel better?

Don't think anyone disagree with this.

I do. We clearly had a bunch of players as good as Chelsea’s it not better. One team is about to make a fake title challenge. The other is struggling to make top 4. What does that have to do with structure?

Over 70% of people have voted for Jose to get sacked, that's more than the rest combined, respect! I can understand the arguments, although not agreeing with them. What I don't get is grown men using this place as if it was the comment section of The Daily Mail. It's as if any decent result makes people afraid they might lose momentum and have to remind everyone we still need to get rid. Some hard men even seem to wait patiently in the match day thread til the whistle blows and come here like "okay, am sorry but this cnut has to go, goodbye!". Does it make you feel better?
Ok I'll keep quiet if you have a problem with that. Hopefully the 70% will get want they want.

Last edited:

Exactly. Blaming only the manager is being in complete denial really. It's probably just a way of coping, thinking we just need a new manager and suddenly everything will be fine.

Some of the behaviour on here makes me think we have a bunch of U-16's posting on here. Sometimes you see a post, check the age of the poster, and it's like 32. You can't help but think, no way this guy is over 15.

I think he should stay until at least Christmas and see where we are. The Newcastle game could turn this season around, a positive result against Chelsea and who knows because after Chelsea have got Everton at home then Bournemouth away, in between home and away ties against Juventus, so wouldn’t give up just yet.
Glass half full :cool:
This, my post looking no bad I must say:D

@Vadim, you asked me my opinion.

I'm labelled as Jose in poster and fair enough but I'm more worried about the state of this place. Jose is struggling that's obvious but I just hate reading some of the stuff here.
So much hyperbole, so much negativity and moaning and so, so much shit thrown at Jose. Whatever he does it's spun so he looks bad, not to mention he's mentioned in threads which have fuk all with him.
It has come to the point of people being sad when we win or have a good game, just so he can get sacked more quickly. Yesterday I read a post from a guy who said he hopes Hazard torments Shaw. I mean, what the heck.
He says nice things about Pogba to calm things down - it's his scheme, his chess game.
He calms after that asisstant cnut goaded him - always drama with him.
Starts Martial - why didn't he start him before. Same with benching Alexis.
He doesn't say much in the presser, why is he so short?
He praise the team - he's praising them now but he threw them under the bus before or better yet he is being political and devil like he is, he's doing it for some reason to make him look good.
He says too much in the presser - he is of course throwing the club into the mud.
He is starting young players yet the myth about him destroying youth is persisting.
Him losing the dressing room has been going since he came to United, as if people are hoping it happens, yet here he is, still has the dressing room.

He is to blame for everything. Of course much of the blame for this season is on him but I think players has to hold the share of the blame too. Also if we sack him do you think Ed will get a DoF? Will he fuk, he enjoys deciding on football matters and that wont stop. Even after that we'll be a rudderless club who is stumbling around trying to find a way back to the top. I bet after Jose is sacked, to the enjoyment of all of you, Ed will hire a fist free big name without thinking a second about the future of the club and the direction in which is going.

And many of the posters who are prepared to root for their supposed favorite club to lose so they can see Jose sack will moan about 6 months in when the new manager comes in. Cause they apparently want nice football but if with nice football all are craving for dont come the results right away they'll start to rumble until they decide they want a new manager.
All that talk about how they just want nice football even if it takes us few years to start winning stuff is just pure bollocks and lies.

Things are so spun so it looks like he did nothing of note while here. Not only that, his past successes are being downplayed too. I see posts like we were 2nd last season just cause of luck and DDG which is crap. DDG had a important, big share but just cause of him? We were just lucky. Come on now.

I could go on. He's been called a disease, a moron, a cnut.
I admit, I like him, and I wont change my stance.

Will he turn all this around? I'm not so sure, so I'm not 100 percent Jose in.
I'm just said this place has become horrible and I hope it will get better soon.
Doubt it tho.

Last edited:
Yesterday I read a post from a guy who said he hopes Hazard torments Shaw. I mean, what the heck.

To be fair, the guy that said this is one of the biggest fans of Mourinho on here. He goes into every thread stating what a catastrophic failure the club is and how we’ll never achieve anything with anyone but Mourinho. He wanted hazard to torment Shaw to show woody that he should have bought new defenders. That guy is a bit weird :lol:

To be fair, the guy that said this is one of the biggest fans of Mourinho on here. He goes into every thread stating what a catastrophic failure the club is and how we’ll never achieve anything with anyone but Mourinho. He wanted hazard to torment Shaw to show woody that he should have bought new defenders. That guy is a bit weird :lol:
Didn't know that really. Yeah, weird thing to say regardless.

Didn't know that really. Yeah, weird thing to say regardless.

Yeah, really a bit of an enigma that chap. He usually disappears when called out on his posts too :lol: he had a gem today talking about martial being invisible and the players being crap :annoyed:

Yeah, really a bit of an enigma that chap. He usually disappears when called out on his posts too :lol: he had a gem today talking about martial being invisible and the players being crap :annoyed:
That's what I'm talking about. It's not just Jose, it's negativity in general. Taking a crap on manager and the players just for the sake of it while wanking over City and Liverpool too. Not to mention double standards. Klopp could take a shit on the center of the pitch and it would b called passion.

If he can change the team to play from the 1st half till last minutes like our 2nd half performance against chelsea or better more consistently then yes, I wont mind to see him stay. Well, with him at least there are interesting stories we can read.

Thats funny he won the treble at Inter with a system like that. Do you know history or what?

How long are we just going to keep clinging on to that?

You know what LVG won a CL with a system like that, maybe we should have continued with him and changed the system.

I have caught up to how Chelsea finished 10th with him. Maybe you can enlighten on how it’s going to finish!
You said he crashed and burned in systems in place before which is obviously wrong. Now you're trying to find your way out of it.

I just hope:
1) he finds the solution to motivate the team from the kick off and not wait when they're a goal or goals down
2) he keeps attacking when taking the lead

He can change 1) I think from now on until the end of his tenure but I have zero hope for 2)
If he did these two things no-one here would complain. They really have nothing to do with buying a new CB or not. When we attacked for 20 minutes of the 2nd half it's not like we had different centre backs. It was the same players that played the shite 1st half. It's the managers job to sort this out. If he did I would happily change my vote.

You said he crashed and burned in systems in place before which is obviously wrong. Now you're trying to find your way out of it.

So his stint at Real and Chelsea ended in absolute harmony!

As I said in my previous post, his achievements of past has no relevance now. Managers that have won the league after him have been fired for incompetence as recent as last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.