The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The players tried. They raised the level of their efforts. They raised the level of their intensity in spite of the fact we don't have many with that intensity. We don't have the technical quality to build from the back.

"We tried to do something we did well, which was to stop a fast team on the counter-attack. We knew we wouldn't create 20 chances. Our attacking players aren't in their best moments of confidence and individual level.

"We thought with three or four chances we would score and win the game."

What the hell. He's dipping into the Hodgson play book now. This could get real good if he sticks to the script from here on out.

That interview is plainly and simply unacceptable! I got the feeling that the players really went for it second half. Ok it was mostly dire and we did lack quality but at least the desire was there to play for the team. Imagine, as a player, you hear that post-match interview. No wonder they are all low on confidence. Has to go 100% now. Con man.
Him saying the attackers are lacking confidence. Why is that then? That is where man management skills come in Jose.

Shocking @@

Willing to say that Valencia follows that fan account on Instagram and simply likes every post they make without reading or studying them. Throw in his rather agricultural understanding of English and you’d have a decent excuse there. However, the cynic in me believes Valencia knows exactly what he’s doing here, which is sad as he was initially a great lieutenant of Mourinho’s and this confirms the end is nigh and there’s no coming back from this situation we find ourselves in. It’s only going to get worse before it gets (eventually) better.

I stop watching at half-time and play Fifa because I knew where the result end. I had a lot fun destroying Real Madrid with Sanchez hat-trick and Pogba beast performance. I wish it happens in real life :boring:

Willing to say that Valencia follows that fan account on Instagram and simply likes every post they make without reading or studying them. Throw in his rather agricultural understanding of English and you’d have a decent excuse there. However, the cynic in me believes Valencia knows exactly what he’s doing here, which is sad as he was initially a great lieutenant of Mourinho’s and this confirms the end is nigh and there’s no coming back from this situation we find ourselves in. It’s only going to get worse before it gets (eventually) better.

I think things between him and Jose got cracked when Jose publicly threw him to the press just before the season started.

Remember Jose complained that Valencia was too stagnant after his holiday. Plus he got a red card in pre-season too. Something hasnt been quite right since then

Also, I know Butt was the u-18s playing some pretty good attractive stuff, but not sure I would take him away from the academy though.
To be honest I didn't think Butt played particularly decent football when coaching the U19s and to be fair to Butt he only coaches them for the Youth League, we did exceedingly well yesterday (4-0 win) but we have some elite talents at that level so it's to be expected we can blow teams away at times. He's doing far too good of a job directing the academy to take him away from that IMO.

McKenna on the other hand had the U18s playing some cracking football last season and is already involved in the first team plus he knows the academy lads well although would be a big gamble.

"Some Manchester United players lack technical quality"

Took him 3 seasons to realise this? Also, imagine the gall to say this when he plays Fellaini and Smalling, instead of people like Pereira, Fred and Lindelof, and bought players like Romelu "first touch" Lukaku.

He doesn't have a clue these days. Get him out of the club.

He's a parody at this point - Jose isn't interested in technical players if he was he wouldn't of been begging Fellaini to stay in the summer.

Last night was the perfect game for Pereira - good technical player and he didn't even make the squad. Jose is so so good at manipulating the situation.

Rumour is he gets a 26 million pound pay off. We've spent half a billion or so net. Drop 75 on the likes of Lukaku. Buy back an ex-player for 90 million who we let go for free who goes on to be the leader of a "faction" and can't be trusted as vice captain. Pay 500k a week net for a player now on the sub/subbed off/not in the matchday squad merry go round...etc etc. Mourinho will go because he can't run motivate his staff. But the preposterous homunculus responsible for these and many other bastardies should also go.

While I think that we need a fresh start it is not all Mourinho's fault. Our brand of football has been weak for the past 5 years since SAF has retired.
We are clueless in the transfer market and we have not been able to build a well-balanced team which should have been easily possible with the money we spent.
I am just not sure who could be the one bringing us a stringent system and idea of footballing (and which players are needed for this system) back to OT.
Bringing Zidane might end in the next disaster.

It wasn't long ago Jose stated he was happy with our attack and didn't intend on signing any attacking players. Now they all lack technical quality. Only just realised this, Jose? fecking berk

What do we reckon now then?

I think he definitely gets Newcastle and the first opportunity to punt him is the international break.

If the minds at the top are virtually made up, then I hope we don’t give him until Chelsea. With Juve a couple days later, there’s a chance it could properly unravel.

I think he'll still be manager after the international break, if anything its come at the wrong time as the pressure will be taken off him for a bit, less focus on the mess he's created.

Dybala against your CB's, that's gonna be one hell of a match.
Will be worth watching.

Mourinho against a top European manager. He's been shat on by anyone decent he's come across for a long, long time now.

Feels like the advert on Marca's front page is appropriately placed.

b8665650-90ce-4e0d-b9a9-ca2f3372ae88.jpg

Not interested in all the other stuff now, simply it's a result business and they aren't good enough. I fully expect us to draw with Newcastle and be 10/11 points behind after 8 games....

Get him out, this is enough. We are Man Utd and this guy must be on a mission from the Russian at Chelski. He´s not the only one to blame as part of this also falls on the board and players but at the end of the day he spent close to 400 million on players. I did see a part of the u19 team today and some of those players would give us a better performance that this lot playing now. Play Laird,Gomez and Chong as they have talent and hunger. At least we would give them our support as there would be a future in that. Playing Valencia,Young,Darmian,Herrera,Mata,Jones,Fellaini,Matic,Sanchez just to name a few is just dreadful. Play: De Gea, Dalot/Laird, Bailly,Smalling,Shaw, Pereira,Pogba,Fred Chong,Rashford,Martial and have Gomes,Garner on the bench. Then clear out this lot not fit to be in United colors and bring in 4 to 6 players like De Ligt, Koulibaly,Saul Niguez,Nabil Fekir,Ndombele and Pulisic. What is the other way? Continue this bullshit and end up like bloody Liverpool were in the Fergie years.
We really couldn't do worse with that team. Of course every squad needs a balance of youth and experience but I'm sick of seeing the same boring players that you mentioned turn up week in week out and do feck all. We need a fresh start.

Watching us play is like a punishment. I watch football to be entertained ,excited and happy. Mourinho's football is making me more and more disconnected with football. Who can spend 400 million pounds and be happy to serve up that crap? If he had a bit of pride he would hand in his resignstion now.

The question is dated. The question now is When, not Whether.

It’s not all JM’s fault but:

No one is making him play two lumps in midfield in Fellaini and Matic at home against a weak Valencia side.

No one is making him to pick fights with several players.

No one is making him play 5 at the back against West fecking Ham.

No one is making him ensure that we play dull, lifeless football for the majority of his tenure.

The tactics were awful. Fergie plays Fred, Perreira and players with skill and a bit of pace in midfield last night. Jose plays his two favourite impressions of lampposts.

Why, why, why that midfield 3 v a technical Valencia side?

Why is Lukaku constantly played regardless of how bad he is?

Mourinho needs to go. He has no passion for the job, he’s self absorbed and he was a bad fit for the club from the beginning.

Feck him off NOW and plan for the future.

Looking back since Fergie left, this is the worst its been. Even though it was a complete mess under Moyes, he wasn't given 300m and this much time. Under Lvg, I know it was boring, but at least he had a strategy, but it just didn't work. We probably played out best football under Lvg, when we beat Spurs at home and Liverpool away. But what's happening now is killing the club. If he is not sacked asap, it will take years for Utd to compete for the title. Problem is Mourhino won't jump and Woodward won't push him. They are playing their own silly games at the expense of this great club.

What do we reckon now then?

I think he definitely gets Newcastle and the first opportunity to punt him is the international break.

If the minds at the top are virtually made up, then I hope we don’t give him until Chelsea. With Juve a couple days later, there’s a chance it could properly unravel.

As if it hasn’t already properly unraveled.

The players were so hilariously bad last night that they clearly aren't playing for him at this stage. I mean, plenty of them made the wrong career choice as footballers, but that shit-show last night was something else.

True. But if we lose to Chelsea and Juve, I can see it getting very messy.

I already expect us to lose those games though.

It’s when we get trounced by dogshite teams like West Ham is when I really get worked up. If we lost to Juve and Chelsea it’s kinda like “yeah we suck and it was always gonna happen.”

That’s how sad this whole situation is now. No matter what game, even the two finals against Barca, I always had belief and hope. Now, I genuinely don’t. Definitely not for games against good teams like Juve or Chelsea (Jesus Christ). But even when we play mid table sides, I always have in my mind a feeling that we will cock it up.

I reckon Jose's time to go has come. But you just know that the board will do nothing till 4th place is impossibld to achieve.

The players were so hilariously bad last night that they clearly aren't playing for him at this stage. I mean, plenty of them made the wrong career choice as footballers, but that shit-show last night was something else.

The players are also a bunch of twats.

But given all the stick Mourinho has been getting, if they liked him, they would have been striving to go over and above for him in the last few weeks.

It’s telling that when their manager is getting a bunch of stick, they still play the same.

Like I said they are all twats for being so unprofessional but that doesn’t change the fact that Mourinho ain’t going to be able to fix it if the lack of support for him in the player camp is so widespread.

What's strange about last night is either they're good actors or they did try.

Of course Jose should go but I just have to look at last night. It's quite unbelievable how inept they were when seemingly trying, regardless of what's gone on with Jose.

We know from last season they can score and create. You would think Carrick and McKenna would have some positive influence by now, even just a glimmer? I'm not trying to blame them but I don't see any evidence whatsoever of them being able to be caretaker manager or see any effect they've had at all, not even 0.1%. Some things should be coming through if they're able to carry on after Jose is gone, we should be able to point to something, separate a tiny bit of good they're doing from the bad.

The crowd did well to play their part, the effort looked to be there from the players but they looked utterly brain dead on the pitch.

Jose needs to be sacked but if no-one is available I'd tempted to ask René Meulensteen to come in and be a caretaker coach.

With Rui leaving and Carrick in place it seems a lot worse underneath the bad job Jose has done and yes I know we've been quite poor since Christmas but we've dropped of a cliff from the average second half of last season.

Players clearly don't want to play for him and those that do like Matic, Lukaku are picking up ridiculous wages which another Manager will look at in great detail.

Most fans now wake up hoping the club have sacked Jose, HTF has the club got itself into this situation. Nicky Butt seems to have done s great job with the Youth setup but its so disconnected from the first team.

Woodward will not pull the trigger unless we lose to Newcastle, when in all honesty after Jose's toxic comments during pre season, he should have sacked him on the spot during the US Tour.

Even lower attendances will make no difference, because Jose is not the only one at the club who needs to be given their P45.

Players clearly don't want to play for him and those that do like Matic, Lukaku are picking up ridiculous wages which another Manager will look at in great detail.

Most fans now wake up hoping the club have sacked Jose, HTF has the club got itself into this situation. Nicky Butt seems to have done s great job with the Youth setup but its so disconnected from the first team.

Woodward will not pull the trigger unless we lose to Newcastle, when in all honesty after Jose's toxic comments during pre season, he should have sacked him on the spot during the US Tour.

Even lower attendances will make no difference, because Jose is not the only one at the club who needs to be given their P45.
I agree about the lower attendances not bothering Ed. They might bother the players though and then the results will suffer even more. Then the board might sit up and take notice. Although I am beginning to wonder if the players would rather play behind closed door, no booing of individual players then.

I really don't understand people shitting on Woodward. Fans were heaping praises on him when United landed star-names like Di Maria, Mkhitaryan, Falcao, Zlatan, Pogba, Sanchez etc. And rightly so. The fact that it hasn't worked out on the field is not his fault. I would say he has held up his part of the deal by performing well on all off-the-field areas.
You can say that managerial appointments is where he has fecked up but even then, I remember both the managerial appointments (LVG and Mourinho) were lauded by the fans at the time.

Could those 10.7% 'in' crowd just drop it.

If you think about it factually they’re right - his time isn’t up. It’s the 15% who think he needs more time that I have a gripe with. Name and shame!

So looking over his comments from last night (taken from a Daily Mail article):

Asked if the performance against Valencia was due to dented confidence.
'I think there are things that it is difficult for me to say and if I say it's not good for me - and even yourself would be getting another reason to criticise me,' Mourinho said.

'I think you have had enough, so I prefer just to say that when last season we finish second, we finished runners-up in the FA Cup, we won our group in the Champions League, and I told was a fantastic season, I knew why I was telling that.'

Is he playing mind games or is there more to the turmoil in our club? It's true he has constantly said that finishing 2nd last season was one of the highlights of his career, which would seem strange when you consider what he has won.

Can't believe somebody tried to start a "Mourinho's red army" chant last night, it died out within seconds :lol:

It's clear Mourinho's coaching style just isn't working for us. He hasn't changed things in 2 years and even under this pressure shows no signs of improvement.

We need to start fresh and rebuild with a modern coach. I'd love us to give Nagelsmann or somebody like that a chance. We've tried the "experienced" route, now let's get some young, modern ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.