The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the minority here but there was plenty of evidence tonight that the players had the desire to play for the club. Forget the result for a minute. Players were trying to make things happen and even Sanchez, poor as he was, was getting back to help out the beleaguered Tony V quite a few times. I didn't see any players shirking or 'downing tools' tonight. The press has whipped this up into a feeding frenzy which has now gone beyond parody.

They may have had the desire at times but by the end I think that had gone too. The crowd sounded fed up themselves and were even trying to will them forward with 10 mins to go and it just petered out. Some of them don’t look bothered in the slightest I feel.

It’s the real lack of quality that’s most obvious for me. So many of the players struggle to have any composure on the ball, the passing from the team as a whole at times is laughable and so many look lost at times too, like they don’t honestly know what to do with the ball or what to even attempt.

There may be some desire, but the real lack of quality is frightening.

I wish he'd stop embarrassing the club prior and after every single match and feck off already.

I'm in the minority here but there was plenty of evidence tonight that the players had the desire to play for the club. Forget the result for a minute. Players were trying to make things happen and even Sanchez, poor as he was, was getting back to help out the beleaguered Tony V quite a few times. I didn't see any players shirking or 'downing tools' tonight. The press has whipped this up into a feeding frenzy which has now gone beyond parody.

Erm, you're not in the minority thinking players were trying their best but where you're taking that observation isn't that clear. I fail to see how that doesn't prove it's the coaching/training that's the problem. Unless you think they're all pub players.

I don't think you're in the minority. I think most sensible people believe we have the quality on the pitch, effort or not.

The problem is the coaching or lack of it, which is why we're all asking for Mourinho to just go.

I can't believe how toxic Mourinho as a manager can be. I mean, I'm just a fan. Just imagine what he does behind the scene daily, must be a lot worse to players.

Our last home win was against Leicester. On the opening day of the season. That's 2 months ago.

Erm, you're not in the minority thinking players were trying their best but where you're taking that observation isn't that clear. I fail to see how that doesn't prove it's the coaching/training that's the problem. Unless you think they're all pub players.

That's not what I meant. For the past couple of weeks, all we've heard is "Jose has lost the dressing room" or "the players don't want to play for Jose" and a hundred variations on that. On tonight's showing, I'd say that was mostly bollocks and that they were playing for the club, the fans, and the manager.

No reaction from West Ham. Looked more confused than ever in fact.

If Jose has an idea of what he wanted to achieve and had the players on his side, we would have seen that on the pitch tonight.

It’s game over. Not all his fault as the club is a shitshow from board to players, but unfortunately now it is easier to change managers now rather than change 10 players in January. Need it to save our season.

Think it is amazing how he has convinced a significant amount of fans that this set of players can't play better football than this.
He's like a snake charmer, you just need to look at how Chelsea are playing under Sarri with the same set of players that were dull as dishwater under Conte.

I agree there seemed a bit more willing there for a while, but that was about it. Technically it was shite.

As for Sanchez, nobody on here has ever questioned his work rate. He’s just wank.

He's like a snake charmer, you just need to look at how Chelsea are playing under Sarri with the same set of players that were dull as dishwater under Conte.

Or fighting relegation under Mourinho.
Say what you want about Conte, even with how shit they were last season even he managed not to sink to Mourinho's depths.

@GifLord Would it be to much to ask for Claude from Arsefam TV with his line "its time to go!"?
N-1Soe.gif

If Jose has an idea of what he wanted to achieve and had the players on his side, we would have seen that on the pitch tonight.

It’s game over. Not all his fault as the club is a shitshow from board to players, but unfortunately now it is easier to change managers now rather than change 10 players in January. Need it to save our season.
It's mutual as Ed Woodward is just as silent as in last transfer window. They both stopped reacting to anything.

Save our season? you are having a laugh fella, we are out of everything worth winning, it's door shut and locked till 2019/20.
Worst season I can remember after a handful of games absolutely dire football by over paid and over hyped prima donna money grabbing mercenaries.
If Sanchez doesn't repay all those millions of pounds the club has put in his bank account he should be arrested and put in jail for theft!

Playing McTomminay and Hererra as CB's after not getting one in the summer, referring to last season as being a brilliant but this one will be pretty much a write off and turning on Sanchez and Pogba. Mourinho is in all out war with the board, no one else. He's doing all this to send a clear message upstairs and when they sack him he'll just come out and say "Well, what was I supposed to do under those circumstances?".

And his successor who will also ultimately fail in a couple of seasons will only compound his point.

I think this thread is just a waste of time, we all know he has to go. The ones not accepting it deep inside know that he has to, but wont accept it because of pride. This thread is just for moaning, we all have the same conclusion Mourinho is not the only problem but he is a big part of it. Sack him already, or we must wait to be in a position where is imposible to reach next year´s UCL?

Mourinho basically repeating what Pogba said is pretty ironic. Basically said he can't say what he really feels because it wouldn't be good for him and the press has enough negative things to say about him.

Jose, you saying that is just as bad saying what's on your mind.

Fans have had enough. Only 2 goals at the Stretford End all season. And we haven't exactly played top teams.

Thinking back on a lot of the comments from the BT pundits. Sounds like they’re talking to someone in the inside. Carrick maybe?

Save our season? you are having a laugh fella, we are out of everything worth winning, it's door shut and locked till 2019/20.
Worst season I can remember after a handful of games absolutely dire football by over paid and over hyped prima donna money grabbing mercenaries.
If Sanchez doesn't repay all those millions of pounds the club has put in his bank account he should be arrested and put in jail for theft!

Well save our season as in not drop points and lose to the opposition we have done in the last few weeks. I know we are far far away from even competing for anything!

Interesting timing that the Class of ‘92 were all visible tonight.

I reckon this is the best comment I've seen on the whole debacle this week:

The fan in the video above has a good point, this is a club that doesn't seem bothered anymore about being the best in the world, just the most popular so maybe if attendance starts dropping, it will finally kick in the reality that United is a club first and foremost about results and not being the richest or most popular.

I was always a massive Mourinho fan and i was so happy we got him 2 1/2 year ago.

For me the current main problem aren't the results or that we don't play entertaining football.

The feckin problem is that i can't see any tactic or style in our game and that is unacceptable in his third season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I expect he'll be around for a bit longer. We'll probably scramble a win or two. Maybe even a convincing one, and people will pose the question yet again...'is it a turning point?'. It won't be though. Nothing will change. I'm of the opinion that short of a risky and major overhaul it's not possible for him to do enough now. It's safer getting another manager in at this point and letting them overhaul and motivate the team. Someone else has more chance of being able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.