The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How anyone can be happy with the manager representing the club in that way is baffling. Imagine the surviving players of Munich listening to that. The man is a complete prick, I think I hate him as much as Moyes now. Cannot wait until he’s gone.
The one saving grace is that the players are nowhere near as bad as he's making them out to be and hopefully a new manager will get them playing again, as conte did after his last meltdown at Chelsea.
It's awful to watch us reduced to this though, being rag dolled by our own manager to save his own pathetic ego

We should hire another manager and just let Mourinho rot on the bench for the next 2 years. Discipline/dock his wage if he stops turning up for training or match days, while we have another manager actually doing the job.

We might as well make full use of the money we owe.

It would be worth every fecking penny too to watch that miserable prick show up and have nothing to do with our bloody team.

We should hire another manager and just let Mourinho rot on the bench for the next 2 years. Discipline/dock his wage if he stops turning up for training or match days, while we have another manager actually doing the job.

We might as well make full use of the money we owe.

Let him fecking translate, the one thing he might still be good at.

Last thing we want is a ill thought out appointment again, or just going for any big name because they're available at that moment.

I want Jose sacked more than he does himself, but I'd rather see a caretaker manager put in charge, and some real thought/vision put into our next appointment, not some reactionary crap that'll see us in the exact same position in 12-18 months time.

I agree with the general point that the next hire must mesh with the club ethos of attacking football. But any long term thinking requires that Woodward be relieved of any responsibilities dealing with player acquisition. I believe there are many managers out there who can deploy an infinitely better system (with the current players) than the one currently being foisted upon us by Mourinho. Now, the results may not be title winning worthy but the project would be on.

An effective organisation makes incisive and decisive decisions. They don't wait around, letting toxicity infect all corners. The correct move would be a DOF (how long does it take to interview candidates???) coming in with a new manager. I have my doubts that EW is capable of executing this move but that's what needs to happen. The next best case scenario is a manager who can excise the rot and instill mutual respect and positive energy within the squad.

In the grand scheme of things, yes. Although that £12m may drop substantially once Champions League qualification becomes a mathematical impossibility. Ed may choose to wait for that.

I can never understand that argument, we could easily still finish top 4 with a new guy in charge, which would generate significantly more than Jose's payoff.

Does anyone else wonder how different the dressing room would be if Zlatan was still at the club?

Should be out after that interview.

Battered the players, shit on the club....and this is the manager speaking
What a bullshit, I want him out but this was well said from him... So many fans so blind and overrate this squad so much..

Does anyone else wonder how different the dressing room would be if Zlatan was still at the club?

Mourinho would probably have had his head kung fu'd off. Zlatan never had to deal with the insufferable prick beyond the 18 month honeymoon period.

Imagine being a player and having to see him tomorrow, listen to him knowing that his tactics and training sessions are shit and that he doesn't believe in you or have any respect for you.:lol:

Do you think my team Montpellier could use any of our average and overrated players? I’m not sure.

He surely can't be given more time? He's probably renewing his hotel room on a day to day basis now.

I’m probably being wildly optimistic here, but if you think about it, with the right approach and lineup we could improve a lot.
De gea
Dalot. Bailly. Smalling. Shaw
Pereira/Matic
Fred/Pereira. Pogba
Sanchez. Rashford
Lukaku

Fullbacks overlapping as much as possible and driving to the by line. More movement and higher tempo.

Pereira getting so few chances instead of mctominay is wrecking my head. And it seems like mourinho is doing it because he was pissed at pereira for going to Valencia last season and because he wants to push the agenda that mctominay is his find and is more of a team player than Pogba.

I’m off to old trafford on the weekend, excited as always, never going to boo the team or manager but can’t say I’m happy the way we’re playing or hugely optimistic about the match.

Wasn't there a time that we went like 11 years in a row without being held to 0 goals at home? I feel like the past 5 years we've seen it a hundred times...

He's sort of like that angry slime from Ghostbusters that gives everyone a bad attitude.

I hate him.
Can't believe I said it but there you go.
He is killing my spirit.

I agree with what Scholes said about "his mouth being out of control."

I can live with bad results and a dip in form every once in a while. But Mourinho's slamming of players, Woodward and the overall complaining is sickening to me. Time to go.

I have seen Valencia's players a lot, at Valencia and in other clubs and none of them are even close to our players technically, none of them. But by some miracle, they looked far better, they were playing like headless chickens but their technique looked far superiorr. Why?

What a bullshit, I want him out but this was well said from him... So many fans so blind and overrate this squad so much..
Eh?
He built the squad, he manages the players and it’s his job to get the best out of them.
Saying they’re all shite after a match....forget it, off to bed, not worth the effort

I have seen Valencia's players a lot, at Valencia and in other clubs and none of them are even close to our players technically, none of them. But by some miracle, they looked far better, they were playing like headless chickens but their technique looked far superiorr. Why?
Think it is amazing how he has convinced a significant amount of fans that this set of players can't play better football than this.

I'm in the minority here but there was plenty of evidence tonight that the players had the desire to play for the club. Forget the result for a minute. Players were trying to make things happen and even Sanchez, poor as he was, was getting back to help out the beleaguered Tony V quite a few times. I didn't see any players shirking or 'downing tools' tonight. The press has whipped this up into a feeding frenzy which has now gone beyond parody.

Eh?
He built the squad, he manages the players and it’s his job to get the best out of them.
Saying they’re all shite after a match....forget it, off to bed, not worth the effort

Did he say they were shit after this game? Did you even listening to it?!

The worst part of all this is I can easily envisage this lasting for another 6 months.

I'm in the minority here but there was plenty of evidence tonight that the players had the desire to play for the club. Forget the result for a minute. Players were trying to make things happen and even Sanchez, poor as he was, was getting back to help out the beleaguered Tony V quite a few times. I didn't see any players shirking or 'downing tools' tonight. The press has whipped this up into a feeding frenzy which has now gone beyond parody.
Doesn't that make it worse? Still playing for the manager and producing a performance like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.