The Mourinho Thread: Should he stay or go? | Sacked

Is Mourinho’s time as United manager up?

• Yes

Votes: 2,296 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 293 9.8%
  • Not yet - needs more time to see if he can turn it around

Votes: 388 13.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he's gone before Newcastle, may result in igniting something in this team. I can't stand watching us play. The board need to pull their fingers out and start to sort this mess.

I kept saying that it would be a terrible one throughout preseason.

But you had the usual 'it's too early to make any judgements' brigade on full swing.

Yeah it's not often you can tell in pre-season how it's going to pan out, but it was bizarrely obvious that this was most likely to happen. Just had that feel about it.

These are not conflicting ambitions. He succeeds when United succeeds. When United fails....it's his failure.
He is judged on what his team does on the pitch.
Except he never admits to be at fault . It's always somebody else that is responsible .

In the name of Zeus’s hairy ball sack, sack him already!

I kept saying that it would be a terrible one throughout preseason.

But you had the usual 'it's too early to make any judgements' brigade on full swing.
It’s been coming since long before preseason! As if Mourinho’s history wasn’t enough, the fact that he didn’t get his usual league win in the second season all but secured the meltdown. That, and the fact that we severely over performed results wise last season compared to the quality of our football, and that rarely lasts.

This would have been a good game for Pereira and Fred. You need good technical midfielders against a Spanish team at home, and he plays Fellaini and Matic. He's such a coward.
I’m nearly always wrong though, so expect this to precipitate a massive turnarou

What type of team is he trying to build? 7/8 6 foot 2+ players like it still 2005 and defensive football rules?

It is like we are playing a different sport that some of the other top teams around Europe. Utd are so plodding and pedestrian and some of the key reasons why are his signings and obsession with functional tools like Fellaini.

What was the little dick gesture in aid of as he walked across the pitch and the camera man was on him? Anybody else see it ?

What's this about? My coverage ended straight after the final whistle.

Seems like it's almost unanimous now, everyone wants him gone. Could mean it's close now. Hope so.

At least the Valencia players seemed to want to give him a cuddle, he just doesn't look like he gives a shit right now, he either genuinely knows that his job is safe until top 4 is mathematically impossible, or he's thinking of that juicy pay out.

His antics have actually distracted from his poor football.

We are just awful to watch under him. Win, lose or draw.
I agree, the Pogba stuff was great for him as people were asking questions about their relationship instead of asking how Drby and West ham both outplayed us.

Scholes has the ginger balls to say it. No pissing around like Neville or Giggsy. Just straight out says it.

In our next 7 games we play Chelsea away, City away and Juve twice. Potential for some absolute thrashings in there. He might not see out November.

Scholes has the ginger balls to say it. No pissing around like Neville or Giggsy. Just straight out says it.

Eh?

He wasn’t saying it on Saturday when Rio was saying Woodward has a decision to make.

Let me start by saying I would prefer for Mourinho to be sent packing.

But I do wish people would stop referring to that now infamous Sevilla game as the tipping point.

Sevilla are a good team that finished 7th in La Liga last season. They are certainly no mugs. Check out their unbeaten record last year and the beatings of Real and Atletico Madrid. Their home ground has been a fortress.

They have just this wknd beaten Real Madrid again. They are without doubt a good team for heavens sake!

I get that the way Mourinho set is up at home that night couldn’t be further from the traditions of this club and perhaps that’s where the frustration lies. But losing a game of football to Seville is nothing to be scoffed at.

Losing to Brighton, Huddersfield, WBA and Bristol. Drawing home games against Burnley, Southampton, for me is 10x worse. Teams we should in all seriousness be destroying

People point to Sevilla not because of the score but because the cowardly set up and then heritage post game rant.

Liverpool away in league was the launching point imo.

In our next 7 games we play Chelsea away, City away and Juve twice. Potential for some absolute thrashings in there. He might not see out November.

Won't effect those running the club - we have no dignity or pride. The not finishing in top 4 is what will make them take action.

I remember a Chelsea player (don't remember the name) saying that Mourinho doesn't coach or train the team on attacking drills or pattern of play. He lets the individuals do the goal scoring by individual brilliance. He just drill the teams to defend well. No wonder his teams looks so clueless upfront and disjointed. A proper team would have destroyed us today. Luckily Valencia didn't have much quality on the pitch. I want the board to please sack him. He's poisonous to the club.

Last edited by a moderator:

Win and we're back. Lose and Jose is closer to the sack. Can't see anything negative about this at all.

Finally the guys in the studio are starting to speak the truth about Jose. They seem as tired of him throwing his players under the bus as most of us are. Another dig at the CB's as if he coaches teams to play from the back. He wants us to play from the back, but plays Fellaini and Matic in midfield - two of the slowest guys in our squad when it comes to moving the ball.

Scholesy and Rio both saying also his body language and words don't exactly show a manager desperate to fight. I am fed up of this guy. Would you really feel inspired by him? The way he talks about you and your teammates to the press, his dour demeanour, his Moyes-esque "incredible achievement to come second". We need rid of him ASAP.

His post match comments suggest a manager who knows it’s not long before he gets the sack.

And to think Woodward gave him a contract extension for literally nothing. I bet he walks away with over £10m if he gets the sack.

The whole club needs positivity. I don’t care who it is, it’s that bad. How can a manager of Manchester United call 2nd place and losing the FA cup final successful.

Going to be hilarious to see the fanny's on here in 2 years wanting the next manager gone.

Will you lot ever learn?

It's the hope that will kill you.

His post match comments suggest a manager who knows it’s not long before he gets the sack.

And to think Woodward gave him a contract extension for literally nothing. I bet he walks away with over £10m if he gets the sack.

The whole club needs positivity. I don’t care who it is, it’s that bad. How can a manager of Manchester United call 2nd place and losing the FA cup final successful.
Because he's a realist.

The next manager will leave him smirking because there's no way we'll better that in the next 5 or so years

Wonder where those people have gone?

It was clear to anyone with a brain we were going to have a nightmare season.
Even Mourinho himself kept saying that. He set the tone for a horrible season with his awful attitude over the Summer.

Might not have gotten in all the players he wanted but look at the teams we are struggling against Shows that the problem isn't necessarily quality

:lol: he's begging for the sack in that interview. Threw all players under the bus.

One day,one day we will get an attacking manager and people will be shocked at how good we can be. I believe we have some really good technical players that have a lot of potential but it's all going to waste because of our managers preference for tall lumps.
He doesn't even care anymore. He seemed quite relaxed post match laughing with Valencia players. Perhaps he knows his job is safe for now?

So who thinks he sabotaged tonight’s match by playing Matic and elbows?

Because he's a realist.

The next manager will leave him smirking because there's no way we'll better that in the next 5 or so years

While that is almost certainly true, if the football could just be slightly better, we'd at least be entertaining failures. I think that would be enough for some.

That 14-15 league title with Chelsea will be the last major thing he will ever win. He used to be one of the best managers out there and now he's just another Moyes or Moyesinho as I call him. He went from being a serial title winner to looking completely clueless and inept. I don't know what is going on in his head but he is clearly only in it for the money these days. No one with any motivation to win titles would play Herrera and Mctominay at CB. He doesn't give a feck about anything and it's time to sack this useless clown before he permanently damages the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.