The Modern / Current Players Draft

Ah. So am I - it has to be said. Seventy...six percent of the players I imagine are eligible for this draft are too old.

I keep having the same conversation in my head.

"Omg..How hasn't he been picked yet? "

*waits anxiously for a few more picks*

"I'm gonna get him...I'm gonna get him..I'm gonna...FECK."

Player born in 1979.

That's why I didn't want Giggsy to retire. He was the only one left older than me.

Brand new game now. Just snotty bairns. And philosophers.

On that note, speaking as an old, fussy fart: The thread title is an abomination. Do something, @Edgar Allan Pillow - I mean, really. Stick a forward slash in there, at least, for the love of Lucifer.

Guys we need to up the pace here in terms of picks, if you know you're not the type who can be on constantly.. just PM before you need to go!

Sorry chaps - only just got back from work

Alexis-Sanchez-Chile6.jpg

1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi 2. Villa 3. Dani Alves
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho 2. Hummels 3. Chiellini
  3. Physiocrat: 1. Robben 2. Fabregas 3. J. Boateng
  4. MJJ: 1. Kaka 2. Torres 3. Essien
  5. Stobzilla: 1. Lahm 2. Alaba 3. Vidal
  6. The Red Viper: 1. Iniesta 2. Terry 3. Neymar
  7. Isotope: 1. Suárez 2. Eto'o 3. Mascherano
  8. Theon: 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Ibrahimovic 3. Sanchez
  9. BorisDeLedFora: 1. Vidic 2. Kompany 3. De Rossi
  10. Snow: 1. Hazard 2. Modric
  11. VivaJanuzaj: 1. Thiago Silva 2. Yaya Toure
  12. NoPace: 1. Kroos 2. Reus
  13. Barney: 1. Gerrard 2. Alonso
  14. Skizzo: 1. Muller 2. Evra
  15. crappycraperson: 1. Ribery 2. Aguero
  16. NM: 1. Bale 2. Cole

cnuts everywhere! Lost two of my favorite choices

Surprised Sanchez didn't go earlier. If I didn't get Eto'o, I'd definitely go for him.

The quality here is dwindling already. Only another 22 picks before I get to choose again :eek:.

I made a spreadsheet of players and the quality didn't look great at all. For a while I thought I must be an idiot and have missed loads of players but it seems the pool is pretty shallow. I definitely think a 70s Draft would have a much deeper pool.

If anyone wants to PM me some ideas and thoughts I'll try and get back to you. I've got a decent-enough knowledge of modern players and might be able to suggest a couple that are overlooked and slightly obscure, and give my opinion on players you suggest, but I won't be of much use regards the tactical side.

I made a spreadsheet of players and the quality didn't look great at all. For a while I thought I must be an idiot and have missed loads of players but it seems the pool is pretty shallow. I definitely think a 70s Draft would have a much deeper pool.

Aye, I made a list that I thought contained a few safe but high quality picks and at this stage it wouldn't surprise me if they're all gone in a few rounds. Alot of firt round matches might end up being decided by whose crap players are less crap, or are in less critical positions at least.

Since Boris picked De "card waiting to happen" Rossi I'm going to go with Busquets
220px-Sergio_Busquets_en_La_Moncloa.jpg

Here he is with his World Cup medal.

1. Pat_Mustard: 1. Xavi 2. Villa 3. Dani Alves
  2. Raees: 1. Ronaldinho 2. Hummels 3. Chiellini
  3. Physiocrat: 1. Robben 2. Fabregas 3. J. Boateng
  4. MJJ: 1. Kaka 2. Torres 3. Essien
  5. Stobzilla: 1. Lahm 2. Alaba 3. Vidal
  6. The Red Viper: 1. Iniesta 2. Terry 3. Neymar
  7. Isotope: 1. Suárez 2. Eto'o 3. Mascherano
  8. Theon: 1. Schweinsteiger 2. Ibrahimovic 3. Sanchez
  9. BorisDeLedFora: 1. Vidic 2. Kompany 3. De Rossi
  10. Snow: 1. Hazard 2. Modric 3. Busquets
  11. VivaJanuzaj: 1. Thiago Silva 2. Yaya Toure
  12. NoPace: 1. Kroos 2. Reus
  13. Barney: 1. Gerrard 2. Alonso
  14. Skizzo: 1. Muller 2. Evra
  15. crappycraperson: 1. Ribery 2. Aguero
  16. NM: 1. Bale 2. Cole
@VivaJanuzaj

I don't want to restart the whole Gerrard thing but Busquets 2 rounds after him is pure, unadulterated madness.

Heh, I even addressed that on the first page. We are GMT +0. Same as the UK during winter.

Really? Pah, that ain't exotic at all. I thought it would be more, but then again I was always terrible at anything to do with science or math or geography.

At the age of about ten I memorized two things: Every capital in the world and every English league and FA Cup winner (from 1872 onwards) - and I still remember those. Everything acquired since is a bit of a blur. It's the feckin' Internet, I reckon. Can't remember United's next fixture these days.

I don't want to restart the whole Gerrard thing but Busquets 2 rounds after him is pure, unadulterated madness.

Gerrard was a better player than Busquets is/was. Probably won't be viewed that way on the Caf, unsurprisingly.

I think Busquets needs a tiki-taka style side much more than Xavi or Iniesta. He doesn't have the physical attributes to cover a wide area as a pure DM so needs at least one shuttler beside him. Also his key strength is one/two touch link play, which is hugely dependent on the technical quality of players around you.

Snow has Modric so it's a good fit for him.

feck sake.. That literally broke my heart and ruined my plans. Can't believe both him and Essien gone.

Plan B than. Taking a top player.

Branislav Ivanovic
branislav-ivanovic-dzon-teri-vredao-igraca-kpr-1343036404-110262.jpg

Ivanovic has been the best RB in the PL for a couple of years now, being a key factor in Chelsea's CL win and in their way to this year's machine. Ivanovic adds a whole lot to the attack and lets not forget he's originally a CB and he can tackle like one.

@NoPace