The MMA thread

What a nice young man that guy was. And fighting above his weight. A potential for sure

Just got caught up on yesterday's event. I personally thought Munhoz won that. I gave him rounds 1, 3 & 4 with round 5 being close. I thought Frankie's only clear round was 2.

Luke Thomas announced he's going to CBS. It's worth noting that Bellator is expected to move into that network this September. Maybe that isn't related. But interesting.

Costa's English is really impressive, probably the best English speaker of all Brazilian UFC fighters, other than Werdum maybe.

I honestly think Costa can take anything Adesanya has to offer. He'll continue to walk Israel down. Costa by late TKO or decision. And yes I know Adesanya has never been finished in MMA but Costa's chin and pressure is otherworldly.

If Gastelum can hurt Adesanya then you bet your ass Costa has the ability to finish him, but both have stamina for days.

Last edited:
Costa's English is really impressive, probably the best English speaker of all Brazilian UFC fighters, other than Werdum maybe.

I honestly think Costa can take anything Adesanya has to offer. He'll continue to walk Israel down. Costa by late TKO or decision. And yes I know Adesanya has never been finished in MMA but Costa's chin and pressure is otherworldly.

If Gastelum can hurt Adesanya then you bet your ass Costa has the ability to finish him, but both have stamina for days.

:lol: Not sure if serious.

Have you heard Glover Texeira's English ? Anderson Silva ? Vitor Belfort etc ?

He's taking the loss well...

I get the feeling he'd be better off with a more senior figure as his coach and not his mate who seems to be a real yes man instead of giving him a dose of reality when he needs it.

Then again I don't know how he structures his camps/training so maybe he does have those types around him too but I remember seeing that dude with O'Malley on Rogan a year or two back and thinking he seemed a bit of a bluffer then.

Would that logic work for a KO, you dominate the entire fight get KOed? If it wasn't for that one body "failure", you would have won the fight.

Terrible news. I may just watch the final fight at this point.

yeah, was looking forward to that fight.

Full card doesn't look too good on paper now, but let's hope it's one of those nights.

Main card (ESPN+ at 9 p.m. ET)

Anthony Smith vs. Aleksandar Rakic
Neil Magny
vs. Robbie Lawler
Alexa Grasso vs. Ji Yeon Kim
Ricardo Lamas vs. Bill Algeo

Preliminary card (ESPN+ at 6 p.m. ET)

Maki Pitolo vs. Impa Kasanganay
Mallory Martin vs. Hannah Cifers
Zak Cummings vs. Alessio Di Chirico
Alex Caceres
vs. Austin Springer
Emily Whitmire vs. Polyana Viana
Sean Brady vs. Christian Aguilera

Why does Pitolo have tape on his ears? Surely not covering earnings?