The MMA thread

Very good point from that perspective @George Owen

@Raoul Cormier kept landing in the way he was by threatening the grapples, which N'Gannou can't/won't do. Agree with you though, he can't be getting hit like that by Francis or it's good night sweet prince.

Think it'll be a very different encounter from the both of them for the rematch.

Why ffs!! Reyes vs Jones is the only fight to make.

If Jones is not willing to fight, should get stripped.

And I hope he doesn't go up to mess with the HW division. If he does, he should wait for Ngannou to fight Stipe first.

I thought Reyes beat him anyway, so this allows everybody to move on.

I would do Ngannou/Jones for the next title shot.

Jones is already the best of all-time; if he goes up to HW and, somehow, wins the strap, he'll be miles ahead of anyone in terms of ranking.

I don't think this is the best decision, unless, by some miracle, he develops power he's not even shown at LHW. He gets tagged a lot more these days than in his physical prime, and as great as his chin has been at LHW, the same type of shots landing by Stipe, and definitely N'Gannou, are sending him to the moon.

Can't see how he doesn't approach the aforementioned with extreme caution and take them down immediately. On the ground, he's got every chance of being victorious, but neither of these guys should be getting taken down by him in the first place if they just bide their time.

It'll be amazing if he proves me wrong and either keeps either at bay in the stand-up, or goes up and fights his usual fight - I don't think he has a prayer of trying his 'thing' in mirroring his opponent and beating them at what they're best at at HW. Screams survival tactics and tying up the moment he feels the power and weight of natural HW's trying to take his head off and smashing him with shots that have no measure to what hard-hitting LHW's can muster.

He tweeted about Stipe's weaknesses or openings during the fight, but I bet that's a rouse and he'll go in there attempting something different.

Whatever you think of him (I see the all-time discussions on here where, somehow, Jones is invisible!?!?) he's got the nerve of a true champion - I think he's a sociopath, however, which is a discussion for another time - and really is bold enough to go in there and try and prove doubters like myself wrong.

Jones with 20+lbs on him will be a weird thing to get used to.

Stipe and Ngannou can definitely beat Jones imo. Stipe is quite tactical and can switch things up mid fight based on what is and isn't working. Ngannou could easily KO him. On the other hand, Jones can beat both of them as well, especially if he goes in at about 230.

GSP is too good for anyone to be “miles ahead” of him in GOAT rankings, even if one were to consider Jones to overtake him

This is Dana White though, since when has he ever been fair?

I agree he fecks people over but UFC has plenty of "fair" fights.

I mean the next 2 PPVs are Adesanya vs. Costa and Gaethje vs. Khabib. Surely they are the most "fair" fights in them 2 divisions?

I also think he would probably rather have Ngannou vs. Jones for a title than Jones vs. Stipe so I imagine he would want Ngannou to beat Stipe and set that up.

I don’t want to be “that guy” but I put an extremely high value on fighters who have been clean their whole careers. There will always be an asterisk beside Jones for me, especially when you consider his decline in attacking performance and approach after his ban.

Someone like GSP beat three different generations of fighters and he did it clean. He then came back and picked up another title before walking into the sunset again.

For me, he is the supreme athlete and the GOAT.

I agree he fecks people over but UFC has plenty of "fair" fights.

I mean the next 2 PPVs are Adesanya vs. Costa and Gaethje vs. Khabib. Surely they are the most "fair" fights in them 2 divisions?

I also think he would probably rather have Ngannou vs. Jones for a title than Jones vs. Stipe so I imagine he would want Ngannou to beat Stipe and set that up.

He will go where the money is, but I guess you could be right. I think he has something against Ngannou though. His is a fantastic story and they never seem to be fully behind it as a company. Maybe because of how he froze after the first fight, who knows?

I dunno, it’s just a feeling I have that they could make Ngannou jump through a final loop. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones got the title fight straight off. It would be terribly unfair, but recent matchmaking has shown that he will put guys in title fights at different weights purely on their reputation.

He will go where the money is, but I guess you could be right. I think he has something against Ngannou though. His is a fantastic story and they never seem to be fully behind it as a company. Maybe because of how he froze after the first fight, who knows?

I dunno, it’s just a feeling I have that they could make Ngannou jump through a final loop. Honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised if Jones got the title fight straight off. It would be terribly unfair, but recent matchmaking has shown that he will put guys in title fights at different weights purely on their reputation.

I don't disagree he can do that but I think Ngannou has got his hype back. I think in all honesty Dana lost confidence in him....he talked him up massively vs. Stipe (to the point where Stipe didn't let Dana put the belt on him) and then he had that Lewis f ight which is possibly one of the worst fights ever. Since then he has gone back to KOing pretty much the top contenders in the division early and has huge hype behind him on social media etc again so I do think he'll get the Stipe fight next.

I defo agree Dana can feck people over but I'd say he does that on short term gain for business (i.e. give a title shot to someone with hype behind them as it generates more buys) I reckon at the moment Ngannou has more hype behind him than Jones.

Stipe and Ngannou can definitely beat Jones imo. Stipe is quite tactical and can switch things up mid fight based on what is and isn't working. Ngannou could easily KO him. On the other hand, Jones can beat both of them as well, especially if he goes in at about 230.

Not been impressed by Jones in the last fights, think he might get in trouble.

And that's from one that still hope he wins even after he keeps fecking up on a weekly basis :p

Rumble has re-entered the testing pool and is apparently looking to make a comeback as a light heavyweight

Good move ?

True or false: Machida X Davis 2 will be more exciting than the first bout and Machida will win

Well, he isn't old by light heavyweight standards. Jan is around the same age. Glover is older than him. Thiago Santos is the same age.

Plus he will probably fight the winner of the Reyes/Jan fight right away. Without Bones, there is really no more $$$ options.

In a division without wrestlers, he should be fine. Looking at the top 10, I think he can beat all of them except maybe Reyes and that czech Phenom, Jiri. But with his power, anything is possible.

True or false: Machida X Davis 2 will be more exciting than the first bout and Machida will win

False. (at least in respect to Machida winning. Too old I believe)

Last edited:
I just think Machida won the first time and was somewhat robbed. Wanted to see that rematch for ages and now am pumped

But coming off a 3 year lay off, and mentally suspect (weak).

Exactly this. I don't think I've ever seen a fighter give up as easily as Rumble in his losses, the 2nd DC fight he literally just rolled over and gave up no fight at all.

Hes definitely taken the time out to hammer the PEDs as well so that may help a bit.

Its probably his best shot at a title with no Jones or DC but he'll still find a way to lose....probably RNC as is tradition