The MMA thread

Anyone watch the press conference?
Bisping really is fantastic
Edit the highlight being Cody telling in the world TJ is on steriods because he's the one who brought them into TAM and showed them all how to use them.
What a simpleton

Last edited:
Anyone watch the press conference?
Bisping really is fantastic
Edit the highlight being Cody telling in the world TJ is on steriods because he's the one who brought them into TAM and showed them all how to use them.
What a simpleton

Yeah, Bisping was great fun.

Cody can suck a cock. He also released the video knocking TJ down, but wasn't a KO like he previously said... can't wait for that fight.

Yeah Dillashaw is alright. The snake in the grass thing was blown all out of proportion because of McGregor. In reality people leave gyms all the time and nothing much is made of it. Other than that he just seems like a reasonable dude.

I've got a feeling that Cody will have the advantage in the striking but that TJ will control the wrestling and the ground game and win a decision. Should be a good fight.

Not a big fan of these training sessions revelations. What happens there should stay there. End of.

Everybody has made weight.
Now we have to navigate the Jon Jones 24 hr period and we are there..

Have feeling if he loses, Bisping will retire after this. He clearly wants no part of Rockhold or Romero and the only way he would continue on is if he could get one more pay day against Whitaker. Short of that, there really are no more fights for him.

Have feeling if he loses, Bisping will retire after this. He clearly wants no part of Rockhold or Romero and the only way he would continue on is if he could get one more pay day against Whitaker. Short of that, there really are no more fights for him.

Imagine he will call it a day after this fight or more likely one more even if he wins. I don't think he's ducking anybody for the record.

If he wins, and I'm not convinced he does, I'd like to see Bisping/Whittaker, Rockhold/Romero and Jacare/Weidman.

Imagine he will call it a day after this fight or more likely one more even if he wins. I don't think he's ducking anybody for the record.

If he wins, and I'm not convinced he does, I'd like to see Bisping/Whittaker, Rockhold/Romero and Jacare/Weidman.

He fought Henderson so that was a massive duck imo. He has not want any part of the top fighters - who at the time are Whitaker and Rockhold. Bisping at this point is all about making as much money as possible before he retires which is how the GSP fight was made possible.

He fought Henderson so that was a massive duck imo. He has not want any part of the top fighters - who at the time are Whitaker and Rockhold. Bisping at this point is all about making as much money as possible before he retires which is how the GSP fight was made possible.
He's fought Rockhold twice and won the title against him on 2 weeks notice, he has fought a who's who of fighters in his career. You can't blame him for chasing the money now. I don't know if he's ducking as opposed to trying to get paid, if the most dangerous fights made him the most money he would be taking them.

Namajunes looks pretty relaxed. Wouldn't be surprised to see her shock the world.
Yeah, she seems completely in the zone and unfazed by Joanna. Don't think I've ever seen any fighter remain so calm as she did after Joanna's little face nudge at the press conference.

He's fought Rockhold twice and won the title against him on 2 weeks notice, he has fought a who's who of fighters in his career. You can't blame him for chasing the money now. I don't know if he's ducking as opposed to trying to get paid, if the most dangerous fights made him the most money he would be taking them.
@Raoul hates Bisping and will never give him credit, but to an extent he is correct, his title reign has been odd to say the least. But it’s due to many factors.

Bisping cannot be accused of ducking any fights at all..until he got the belt. Since he became champ he wanted his big event in the uk and he got it. But it was against a long past his sell by date Dan Henderson. And ever since then it’s taken this long to set up the gsp fight. It’s been a frustrating time for the division.

He deserves credit for taking the fight against Rockhold but it was pretty clear that he got lucky by clipping him with the left hook. Rockhold is an immensely better fighter and would win 9 times out of 10.

I don't blame him for chasing the big money but at the same time he can't then pretend he's not ducking fighters that could beat him. Its either one or the other, and its obvious that chasing the money is more important and Dana and the UFC were happy to play along as long as Bisping used his big mouth to contribute hype in the lead up to the PPV events.

Right now, I would say Bisping is probably 4th or 5th in the best fighters in the division behind Whitaker, Rockhold, Romero, and possibly Weidman and Brunson as well.

Predictions

Michael Bisping (c) vs Georges St-Pierre
Cody Garbrandt (c)
vs T.J. Dillashaw
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs Rose Namajunas
Stephen Thompson vs Jorge Masvidal
Johny Hendricks vs Paulo Borrachinha

James Vick vs Joseph Duffy
Walt Harris vs Mark Godbeer
Ovince Saint Preux vs Corey Anderson
Randy Brown vs Mickey Gall

Oleksiy Oliynyk
vs Curtis Blaydes
Ion Cuțelaba vs Michał Oleksiejczuk
Aiemann Zahabi vs Ricardo Ramos

Agree with this.

Bisping - GSP : I think if GSP gets this to the ground it will be a long 5 rounds where he may out point Bisping

Agree with this.

Bisping - GSP : I think if GSP gets this to the ground it will be a long 5 rounds where he may out point Bisping
Yeah I've got GSP by UD. It's a hard one to predict because we don't know how good GSP is going to be after 4 years of inactivity but I'm banking on him coming back at near his best. His main focus tonight should be to take Bisping down. I'm not sure how much success he'll have in stand up, Bisping is great at fighting at a high pace. I don't know if GSP will be able to avoid that pressure from the bigger man.

Btw, good news for us UK fans. Fight pass prelims start at 11pm, prelims at midnight then main card at 2am. Can't fecking wait for this card :drool:

It should be an interesting card. I am beginning to like Bisping in the build up to this. He seems to be channeling his inner Chael Sonnen.

I'm going for Bisping to win due to the size advantage and possible Octagon rust for GSP. It's hard to call though.

I also have no idea who I want to win out of Garbrandt and Dillashaw. I think Garbrandt is a complete dick and there is something about Dillashaw that makes me think he is the same. Should be a good fight though

It should be an interesting card. I am beginning to like Bisping in the build up to this. He seems to be channeling his inner Chael Sonnen.

I'm going for Bisping to win due to the size advantage and possible Octagon rust for GSP. It's hard to call though.

I also have no idea who I want to win out of Garbrandt and Dillashaw. I think Garbrandt is a complete dick and there is something about Dillashaw that makes me think he is the same. Should be a good fight though

I often find myself getting roped into disliking fighters based on their comments until I have to remind myself that most of them are coached to exaggerate their personalities to generate hype for the PPV events, which makes a lot of sense when you consider they are getting PPV points based on how many people buy the event There was even a weird moment during the presser the other day when Garbrandt and Dillashaw were arguing about something after which Bisping turned to GSP to say "You see George, that's how you do a back and forth". Clearly suggesting that GSP wasn't adequately playing along to generate faux controversy for the fans.

Last edited:
I often find myself getting roped into disliking fighters based on their comments until I have to remind myself that most of them are coached to exaggerate their personalities to generate hype for the PPV events, which is makes a lot of sense when you consider they are getting PPV points based on how many people buy the event There was even a weird moment during the presser the other day when Garbrandt and Dillashaw were arguing about something after which Bisping turned to GSP to say "You see George, that's how you do a back and forth". Clearly suggesting that GSP wasn't adequately playing along to generate faux controversy for the fans.

Yes that was a weird moment. To be fair GSP isn't the most eloquent guy (in English anyway) so Bisping has to try harder to hype than normal.

The Cody and Dillashaw hate is real though which makes it really interesting

Are streams normally grand or should I buy this? If so I take it’s UFCs website? How much dollar?

Do you want me to facetime you? I'll point my phone at my tv with it on

Listen bedweterall, I’ve had just about enough of your abuse, once was funny but this is just non stop and it’s really not cricket.