The MMA thread

Predictions

Michael Bisping (c)
vs Georges St-Pierre
Cody Garbrandt (c) vs T.J. Dillashaw
Joanna Jędrzejczyk (c) vs Rose Namajunas
Stephen Thompson vs Jorge Masvidal
Johny Hendricks vs Paulo Borrachinha

Bisping - just cause he supports United.
TJ - because Cody is a cnut.
Rose - because i like an underdog to win.
Wonderboy - i like him. Will be a good fight.
Borrachinha - never seen him, but Hendricks' been useless since he was robbed by the refs against GSP.

Sick elbow. Tried it two seconds before and just went again.

Good fight.

Must be weird for Firas seeing your little bro getting knocked out like that.

Not sure it’s wise to train your own family

Just started watching from the beginning now and holy hell that KO in the first fight was sickly. 99% of knockouts don't really bother me much anymore as you get used to them but that one left a funny feeling in my stomach. Can just hope he makes a full recovery.

Feel for Firas Zahabi too. He has to corner for the rest of the night including for GSP, after seeing that happen to his little brother. Credit to Joe Rogan for calling the exact opening moments before it happened too.

Last edited:
Shades of Mousasi - Weidman. Slightly different scenario but similar confusion with fighter unable to continue.

It's so annoying when refs give warnings but never take action. It makes the warnings mean absolutely nothing. Gall knows full well that he can just ignore the ref and carry on.

Pleased with how that went

Gall has serious holes in his game. Was worried he was gonna pull off the sub at the end and it would have been due to weak refereeing

Fair fecks to osp. He went through a bad patch and come back very strong

3 in a row and all finishes

Surely a DQ. Travesty if not. Ref called time 3 times and had his hands on him while he was throwing the kick.