The MMA thread

Someone post all the results so far please. Missed the 1st and WiFi is crap here

Light HeavyweightModestas Bukauskasdef.Marcin PrachnioSubmission (arm-triangle choke)33:12
WelterweightSam Pattersondef.Kiefer CrosbieSubmission (arm-triangle choke)12:50
HeavyweightMick Parkindef.Łukasz BrzeskiKO (punches)13:23
Women's StraweightShauna Bannondef.Alice ArdeleanDecision (split) (28–29, 29–28, 30–27)35:00

Falling asleep. Really wanna watch the Aspinall and Leon fights. Surprised the crowd isn't half asleep yet.

Impressive performance but now it's time to give the scouser a top 10 lightweight that actually can grapple with him

Crowd hated Belal winning, but as long as grappling is part of the sport then its a way to win. Can't support mixed martial arts and complain that some are more effective than others

Leon didn’t fight like a challenger, which is what most champs who stay as hungry as their opponents do. Belal gave everything he had from the first bell to the last. By contrast, Edwards looked like he didn’t want to be there most of the fight, coming alive in bursts. Just not the spirit that you see in longstanding, dominant champions.

So hard to assess the fight when only one of them seemed to realise it’s now or never.

Can’t knock Belal, however. He did everything you want a challenger to do.

Thought the Aspinall fight was stopped early? Anyone else? Edit: Just saw who the ref was. Yeah, not surprised by that.

Tom really does appear to have 'Hands of Stone'. He's hittable, but I'm not sure that matters when you 1) Seem to have an excellent chin and 2) Have the type of power he does.

If his wrestling is as good as people say and he can keep it standing, he would run through Jon Jones.

Having this even in the middle of the night UK time sucks. Not like the UFC could not afford to lose a few PPV buys

Aspinall definitely seemed like an early stoppage, but Blaydes didn't seem too pissed off with it so I'm guessing he was in worse shape than it appeared

It's fascinating how successful Leon has been. Sure, he's an excellent martial artist, but he's not just a fighter. He always looks terrified and broken when competing (which is evident from how his coach speaks to him; he'll know this better than anyone).

You often see low-skilled brawlers in MMA, but seldom do you see guys like Leon.

fecking crazy. The guy is 7-0 in the UFC, longest win streak in the division.

Apparently his management was talking to PFL while he was still under contract (idiots). Hopefully Dana will reconsider...

A true red devil!

Not like my EX favourite fighter, Bisping... :annoyed::nono:

GTay47uWkAAVzAT-1.jpg

You neverrrrr see Strickland backing up. Alex’s array is seamless.

Why is he analyzing light-sparring footage (which means nothing) as if they didn't literally fight for real... strange.

Aspinall definitely seemed like an early stoppage, but Blaydes didn't seem too pissed off with it so I'm guessing he was in worse shape than it appeared

Great reffing, saved Blaydes. Jon will now do all he can to fight Stipe and Stipe only.

Tony time!!

edit. Could have been worse. No damage received at least.
Times up for Tony, he moves so slowly and awkwardly I think his body's completely broken, needs to step away but I fear he's not going to any time soon.

He left one glove on the octagon at least. Hopefully that's it.
Seems like the UFC are forcing his hand somewhat as he doesn't want to fight elsewhere, hopefully that's enough and he doesn't get drawn back in by another promotion or some social media fight.