The MMA thread

I think James Krause will be the sacrificial lamb. Word is he is already selling all of his MMA investments. He is done.

Also, fighters/coaches competing in the UFC, will probably be banned from betting on UFC fights. They will always find a way around though.

ps. I had a bet on "Fire" Marshall last weekend vs a james Krause fighter (Marcelo Rojo) and the bookie took its sweet time to pay it (like half a week).
I think it’s injured fighters getting cleared to fight that could be the big change here. Dana forces fighters to fight through but a lot of it isn’t disclosed so there’s so much insider information at play within each fighters gym.
He’ll be a sacrificial lamb but Dana’s power hold could be weakened

I think it’s injured fighters getting cleared to fight that could be the big change here. Dana forces fighters to fight through but a lot of it isn’t disclosed so there’s so much insider information at play within each fighters gym.
He’ll be a sacrificial lamb but Dana’s power hold could be weakened

Oh yeah that's a big issue, but not sure if its Dana's who is forcing them. Fighters themselves are keeping things under wrap so they can get their paycheck first, and worry about the injuries later. Of course their inner circle knows, and that's when insider information comes to play but there is no way to stop them from sharing info with some fraudulent 3rd parties to do the bets for them.

I don't think anyone was forcing TJ to fight injured for example. He knew he was done at the highest level so he took it for one final big paycheck.

Maybe if the commissions can force the fighters to keep their medical records open to the public, things could change.

Oh yeah that's a big issue, but not sure if its Dana's who is forcing them. Fighters themselves are keeping things under wrap so they can get their paycheck first, and worry about the injuries later. Of course their inner circle knows, and that's when insider information comes to play but there is no way to stop them from sharing info with some fraudulent 3rd parties to do the bets for them.

I don't think anyone was forcing TJ to fight injured for example. He knew he was done at the highest level so he took it for one final big paycheck.

Maybe if the commissions can force the fighters to keep their medical records open to the public, things could change.
Isn’t that the purpose of the 12/12 split? If a fighter gets injured and pulls out he loses half his purse and comes away with a financial loss. I’m surprised it took this long for any sort of investigation

Isn’t that the purpose of the 12/12 split? If a fighter gets injured and pulls out he loses half his purse and comes away with a financial loss. I’m surprised it took this long for any sort of investigation

The main purpose is to motivate the fighter to fight to win so he doubles his payment. But of course, because fighters don't have sick leave, and are paid only if they fight, they will choose to fight injured anyway, to at least get paid some. Some will be motivated to cheat and make more money off the betting market.

I hope they work on a solution because betting on injured fighters sucks. Rakic vs Blachowicz comes to mind... Ngannou vs Cyril too. Luckily he found a way to win without knees.

The main purpose is to motivate the fighter to fight to win so he doubles his payment. But of course, because fighters don't have sick leave, and are paid only if they fight, they will choose to fight injured anyway, to at least get paid some. Some will be motivated to cheat and make more money off the betting market.

I hope they work on a solution because betting on injured fighters sucks. Rakic vs Blachowicz comes to mind... Ngannou vs Cyril too. Luckily he found a way to win without knees.
They don’t have to win though, it’s show up on the night money.

They don’t have to win though, it’s show up on the night money.

Yeah, but you will only make X. If you win, you make 2X.

edit. Corrupt judges (Sal D'amato, Adalaide Byrd, etc) should be investigated next. Those guys (and gals) are the worst and with zero accountability of their wrong decisions.

Last edited:
I know Ariel is a muppet, but his attack of him was bang out of order imo. Therefore I hope Paddy gets humbled.

A snake move.

He's getting the early McGregor treatment, and people are falling for his "cheeky" personality like they did with Conor (me included) but his recent antics irked me. Have a feeling he's a bit of a scumbag, not unlike McGregor.