The Manchester Title Race

Yes we could drop points to Blackburn or QPR, but there result today gives us the momentum and their have given us the control, weather we grab that or not is upto us.

Draw on Monday won't be the end of the world, wasn't expecting them to drop anything today and we always find it tough away to Blackburn, so to only need a draw to keep the three point gap is a nice situation to be in.

Blackburn is a fixture we have to win!! We shouldnt have lose last time and people are forgetting that Rooney, evans etc didtt play and we had a bad de gea but now the tides have turned. This was our team the last time we played them and lost.
01 De Gea
03 Evra
04 Jones
21 Rafael (Keane - 85' )
13 Park Ji-sung
16 Carrick Booked
17 Nani Booked
25 Valencia
09 Berbatov
14 Hernandez (Anderson - 46' )
19 Welbeck

Substitutes

34 Lindegaard
51 Fryers
08 Anderson
42 Pogba
52 Cole
32 Diouf
48 Keane
We had a poor midfield, No rooney, poor sub bench, a bad de gea and just plain bad luck when our own player (keane) stopped our shot from going in.

I reckon things will be very different this monday, we will go out and show them their place in the premier league compared to ours. Our players will be fired up and if Fergie gets it right as usual we will be ahead on goal difference also.

It was the backline that was the problem in that game.
Couldnt deal with the Yak..
Yak :nervous:
Hoilett :nervous:

What would everyone prefer: To beat City at the Etihad to seal the title. Or to wrap it up the game beforehand so that they give us a guard of honour?

What would everyone prefer: To beat City at the Etihad to seal the title. Or to wrap it up the game beforehand so that they give us a guard of honour?

If we go into the City match 7 points clear, we'd only need a draw to clinch it there.

To beat them to wrap up the title would be fantastic. Would be an emphatic statement to further prove we're deserved champions, would end their home unbeaten record and make up for being beat earlier in the season.

I'd say if we win the next two they might well be done. Going to Arsenal eight points behind knowing that they absolutely have to win will probably be too much for a team that can't buy a win away from home.

Yep, very true. Trailing by 8 points when the game at arsenal comes around will be far too much pressure for them.

Wrap it up beforehand, get the guard of honor and then beat them there.

We won't win at Blackburn

We never do, no matter how shit they are.

The only thing I will say about Blackburn away is last season we only needed a draw and played for it, the year before we went there off the back of just losing the advantage in the title race to Chelsea and went there with no Rooney and basically no goal threat.

The biggest problem we'll have this year is complacency, going there knowing City have given us some breathing space. If the players do their job right and Rooney doesn't miss the game though then we should surely win

The biggest problem we'll have this year is complacency, going there knowing City have given us some breathing space. If the players do their job right and Rooney doesn't miss the game though then we should surely win
The biggest problem is nerves, i feel City's draw will help take some pressure off and we will play better.

We can possibly be 8 points ahead of City when they place Arsenal. This is squeaky bum time for sure!

I don't mean to be negative but even a 5 point lead should'nt lead to over confidence...we have so many fixtures where there's potential to drop points and if we go into the City game within 3 points they'll fancy their chances...do not take anything for granted because the only thing that's guarenteed to happen is twists and turns, and we'll be on the wrong end of a gut wrenching one...we've all been here before, we know how this works. It's never ever easy.

article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

That's a very encouraging breakdown.

bump

The biggest problem is nerves, i feel City's draw will help take some pressure off and we will play better.

That's where experience comes into play, our players have enough experience in winning titles that they shouldn't get nervous about playing Blackburn away

That's where experience comes into play, our players have enough experience in winning titles that they shouldn't get nervous about playing Blackburn away

We've said that many times before and still got bad results in crucial games at times.

We've said that many times before and still got bad results in crucial games at times.

I doubt the reason is down to nerves though, more due to complacency or certain circumstances (injuries etc). Like I said it's complacency that worries me most about Monday night now.

From the bbc website, and really accurate.

From Lee in Cornwall: "Yes,the manner of City's comeback makes it a good point,but put it into context, when United got back to 3-3 at Stamford Bridge, City's players would have been gutted and the pressure goes back on them, yet this result has failed to put pressure on United and their players, that's the difference."

Not to mention we were 3-0 down away to Chelsea! This was 2 goals down at home against a team with nothing to play for.

I can't see us dropping points on Monday.

We'll win by two goals.

I think the best thing now is that we can go for the jugular against Blackburn safe in the knowledge that there really isn't much to lose. City were overwelming favourites to take 3 points today and put pressure back on us. They failed and so any type of win on monday is a bonus.

The handbags between Balloteli and Kolarov, as well as Dzeko losing the plot in the first half shows that the pressure is getting to them and they don't have any stabilizing personalities in the squad to deal with it. Balloteli will continue to be a liability despite his goals.

Oh and David Silva has picked a wonderful time to lose form.

Yes we could drop points to Blackburn or QPR, but there result today gives us the momentum and their have given us the control, weather we grab that or not is upto us.

We could - but with a bit of help from Arsenal. 6 points from those 2 matches could pretty much wrap up the title for us. I just can't see us losing 7 or 8 points to City in the remaining 6 games after that

City fans perhaps not taking it very well. Just had a report of approx 20-30 lads having a ruck in the town centre. Oh dear.

We have two games to play before City play again. They could be kicking off at Highbury training by eight points.