The left-back market…

Your conclusion doesn't make much sense based on your Amass point. If we buy a left back who can play 30+ games a season, he doesn't get introduced. Shaw in the last 6 seasons averages 22.5 90s, Mazraoui is the back up to Dalot or the LB back up, he will be expecting (and we will be) a lot of minutes in either position. That leaves very little room for Amas as it is and that is accepting Malacia doesn't play a single minute, which I'm not sure will be true.

A much better conclusion is sign a Regullion, for when Shaw is injured, Mazraoui can't play LB and a game isn't suited for Amass. Mazraoui would be a completely pointless signing if we didn't expect him to cover LB.
Not really. We already know Dalot can play there and we just let Wan-Bissaka go so needed a backup right back anyway (though I expect Mazraoui to start).

I like the suggestion for Robinson from Fulham. He definitely gets up & down the flank and is decent as a defender. Maybe some type of swap deal for McT.

Not really. We already know Dalot can play there and we just let Wan-Bissaka go so needed a backup right back anyway (though I expect Mazraoui to start).
Well yeah, but the reason we would have gone for Mazraoui is because he can cover LB as well as RB. If he wasn't able to do that, it would have been a waste of funds.

Your conclusion doesn't make much sense based on your Amass point. If we buy a left back who can play 30+ games a season, he doesn't get introduced. Shaw in the last 6 seasons averages 22.5 90s, Mazraoui is the back up to Dalot or the LB back up, he will be expecting (and we will be) a lot of minutes in either position. That leaves very little room for Amas as it is and that is accepting Malacia doesn't play a single minute, which I'm not sure will be true.

A much better conclusion is sign a Regullion, for when Shaw is injured, Mazraoui can't play LB and a game isn't suited for Amass. Mazraoui would be a completely pointless signing if we didn't expect him to cover LB.
Should we not sign a DM and wait for Collyer as well?

There are generally four separate species of modern fullback these days.

The Gvardiol (wide centerback, great positioning, good ability to defend wide spaces and out on the touchline, good ball carrying)
The Trent (inverts into the pivot during build up, great passing, vision, midfielder in disguise)
The Trippier / Robertson / Hakimi (ye olde standard attacking fullback. Overlaps constantly, provides a lot of threat from crossing)
The Porro / Cancelo (underlaps into the attacking half space, basically a winger in disguise with their goal threat and final ball)

Given the balance of the side and mostly inferring from what other successful managers do, I think we need someone who closely resembles the Gvardiol type at LB. RB will be the Cancelo / Trippier mould.

Have to say I really like the idea of signing Hermoso. Free, wouldn't be on huge wages and can play on either LCB or LB position. Hasn't played games at LB since 21/22 (according to Transfermarkt) but guess he'd still do alright there when needed and when none of Shaw/Malacia/Mazraoui/Dalot is available. Also rarely gets injured and is experienced player with probably another few years left at top level. And obviously a left-footed player and cover for Martinez. Of course, we'd have to sell Lindelof first (possibly Maguire as well).

What part of my post says we shouldn't buy a left back?
Buy a sht LB to cover for our crocked LB's. If we sign Regulon a Tottenham reject that was sht for us to wait for Amass, then we might as well bin Ugarte and sign Amrabat and wait for Collyer.

There are generally four separate species of modern fullback these days.

The Gvardiol (wide centerback, great positioning, good ability to defend wide spaces and out on the touchline, good ball carrying)
The Trent (inverts into the pivot during build up, great passing, vision, midfielder in disguise)
The Trippier / Robertson / Hakimi (ye olde standard attacking fullback. Overlaps constantly, provides a lot of threat from crossing)
The Porro / Cancelo (underlaps into the attacking half space, basically a winger in disguise with their goal threat and final ball)

Given the balance of the side and mostly inferring from what other successful managers do, I think we need someone who closely resembles the Gvardiol type at LB. RB will be the Cancelo / Trippier mould.
The Wan Bissaka (shuts down a winger 1v1)

Starting Mazraoui at LB against Fulham makes sense for that specific game, but I’m against making it a long-term solution for two main reasons. First, Mazraoui is primarily a RB, not a LB. While he has occasionally played on the left for the Moroccan national team due to Hakimi's presence, he's only done so in 10 matches compared to 193 as a RB (according to Transfermarkt). He was brought in to compete with Dalot and serve as an upgrade over Wan-Bissaka, not to fill a LB role. Besides that, Mazraoui has been injury prone himself, not as frequently as Shaw, but still missed several games each season.

Second, relying on him as LB cover would leave us with just 2-3 reliable full-backs for two positions, which isn't ideal. Ideally, we’d target Ferdi, who can comfortably play on both sides (with 37 games as a RB and 68 as a LB). However, Ferdi might be out of our budget, especially with Ugarte being a higher priority. Alternatively, there are several decent LBs available for probably under €20 million, such as Locko, Dorgu, and Truffert.

Shaw, Malacia, Mazraoui and Amass need to cover LB this year, given midfield needs to be prioritised. Next year it can be revisited when we are clearer on the 4 and how they are performing

Starting Mazraoui at LB against Fulham makes sense for that specific game, but I’m against making it a long-term solution for two main reasons. First, Mazraoui is primarily a RB, not a LB. While he has occasionally played on the left for the Moroccan national team due to Hakimi's presence, he's only done so in 10 matches compared to 193 as a RB (according to Transfermarkt). He was brought in to compete with Dalot and serve as an upgrade over Wan-Bissaka, not to fill a LB role. Besides that, Mazraoui has been injury prone himself, not as frequently as Shaw, but still missed several games each season.

Second, relying on him as LB cover would leave us with just 2-3 reliable full-backs for two positions, which isn't ideal. Ideally, we’d target Ferdi, who can comfortably play on both sides (with 37 games as a RB and 68 as a LB). However, Ferdi might be out of our budget, especially with Ugarte being a higher priority. Alternatively, there are several decent LBs available for probably under €20 million, such as Locko, Dorgu, and Truffert.
We can't spend big on a LB when we have a first choice in Shaw, cover for him, a youth prospect in that position and a Malacia - whatever you can classify him as. Even 20m euro is more than we spent on Mazraoui, which is essentially the same role we're filling on the left.

I don't think Shaw will repeat last season's 10 or so appearances, I would assume we'd get 20 or so out of him, I would hope Amas gets around 5 appearances, Mazraoui/Dalot maybe 10 at LB and we've even got the odd Martinez appearance there. So potentially, we're looking at perhaps 10-15 games to fill, I don't see how that's a priority. A loan or a free transfer would be a much wiser use of funds when we desperately need to improve the midfield.

We can't spend big on a LB when we have a first choice in Shaw, cover for him, a youth prospect in that position and a Malacia - whatever you can classify him as. Even 20m euro is more than we spent on Mazraoui, which is essentially the same role we're filling on the left.

I don't think Shaw will repeat last season's 10 or so appearances, I would assume we'd get 20 or so out of him, I would hope Amas gets around 5 appearances, Mazraoui/Dalot maybe 10 at LB and we've even got the odd Martinez appearance there. So potentially, we're looking at perhaps 10-15 games to fill, I don't see how that's a priority. A loan or a free transfer would be a much wiser use of funds when we desperately need to improve the midfield.
Its not about filling the LB spot. Its trying to compete with really strong teams to get top 4. The league is tougher than ever. Man City and Arse are givens. For the other spots we will compete with Villa, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea. And we are going to do this with one top class LB in Shaw that might play 20 games if God shines upon us? We filled the LB spot last year - Ambrabat, Lindelof, Dalot, WB all played there. We can always find bodies to play there. But they are not good enough. And its not just a matter of effecting us defensively. Its our attack. Our whole balance. It will fk up Rashford. You cant just build a team and then make do with one position. It fks everything up. And a loan isnt the answer because that loan will still be sht.

Would Kieran Tierney be worth a punt on a loan? Seems he doesn't fit the profile at Arsenal but was always a good player.

Its not about filling the LB spot. Its trying to compete with really strong teams to get top 4. The league is tougher than ever. Man City and Arse are givens. For the other spots we will compete with Villa, Spurs, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea. And we are going to do this with one top class LB in Shaw that might play 20 games if God shines upon us? We filled the LB spot last year - Ambrabat, Lindelof, Dalot, WB all played there. We can always find bodies to play there. But they are not good enough. And its not just a matter of effecting us defensively. Its our attack. Our whole balance. It will fk up Rashford. You cant just build a team and then make do with one position. It fks everything up. And a loan isnt the answer because that loan will still be sht.
This. We need a left-footed LB to play on the left, let Mazraoui and Dalot fight for the RB spot (when fit) and push each other to higher levels.

If you have an infinite amount of money, I would obviously sign a new left back.

Our main issue last season was our gaping midfield, no striker besides Hojlund and lack of CBs. We've addressed the CB situation with De Ligt and Yoro, added Zirkzee to have another striker, but we haven't addressed the midfield. 4th priority is a LB, that means it's the least amount of cash earmarked for it. You have to make a priority decision, you can't just make everything no. 1 prioirty - you're sounding like my exec team at my company.

If you have an infinite amount of money, I would obviously sign a new left back.

Our main issue last season was our gaping midfield, no striker besides Hojlund and lack of CBs. We've addressed the CB situation with De Ligt and Yoro, added Zirkzee to have another striker, but we haven't addressed the midfield. 4th priority is a LB, that means it's the least amount of cash earmarked for it. You have to make a priority decision, you can't just make everything no. 1 prioirty - you're sounding like my exec team at my company.
We first need to get Ugarte for less money than PSG want, sell McTominay, Lindelof and hopefully Sancho (although unlikely at this point). Then there's still money to get a 20m-rated LB I guess?

We first need to get Ugarte for less money than PSG want, sell McTominay, Lindelof and hopefully Sancho (although unlikely at this point). Then there's still money to get a 20m-rated LB I guess?
Only the the 4 prospective deals holding this up then! I even think if something happens with Sancho with Chelsea, we'll likely include one of their left back, so it could be solved earlier than that. I think if we do get cash in, we'll go back for someone like Ait-Nouri (not sure he'd be my choice). Until then, a loan or free transfer is the best we can plan for.

Would Kieran Tierney be worth a punt on a loan? Seems he doesn't fit the profile at Arsenal but was always a good player.

Good player but probably has as many if not more issues with injury that Shaw.

For those wishing for Bradley Locko, he's just suffered a Ruptured Achilles do that's him out of a move. Stade Brestois are my second team so just saw the confirmation now.

Why do people keep saying loan Regullion? He wasn’t great and was injured himself for a bit. It’s just literally getting a body

Buy a sht LB to cover for our crocked LB's. If we sign Regulon a Tottenham reject that was sht for us to wait for Amass, then we might as well bin Ugarte and sign Amrabat and wait for Collyer.
There will always be a space in the squad for a decent midfielder, left back at most is only ever going to have two spaces in each match day squad.

It’s unfortunate that Amass isn’t a few years older but we really can’t drop big money on a left back with such a promising player to come in soon. Ten Hag seemed to suggested he’s not far off being ready, so even cover for one year should be enough. Three permanent first team left backs ahead of Amass would be shit.

Is he still on loan from them? Oh then that’s a different matter. Shame. Bet he would have loved proving Pep wrong
Yep, I think City were hoping Barcelona would sign him permanently, but they couldn't find another financial lever lying around anywhere

Potential future French international LB. Locko would have been my first choive but Truffert is also good. If he's available for less than 15m, get him in.

Yeah if he could be obtained for similar money to Mazraoui then would be shrewd business