The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Francine

I read a report yesterday that was sensationalised. I searched for and watched the video earlier (the one I linked) and that shows that she didn't directly blame Trump.
Probably a good time to start checking sources before reacting. Maybe go back and edit your posts admitting you were dumb enough to believe Fox News spin. :lol:

Oddly enough you think it is not the time to debate a serious issue like climate change but did think it was time to discuss the misreported words of an actress which will not really affect anyone. Well done.

Last edited:
Yes they are largely started as jokes and the vast majority are just playing along. There will of course be the village idiot or two who thinks it is real.

I figured as much. But, when the sheriff came out with official warnings on not doing it, i was worried if some idiots are actually going to do it.

Apparently this guy lives in Houston and survived Harvey but has now traveled to Key Largo to his second home to help out his friends.

Does the winf stay like that till the hurricane passes away? I mean for hours at a stretch with no break inbetween??

I figured as much. But, when the sheriff came out with official warnings on not doing it, i was worried if some idiots are actually going to do it.
Probably more of a preemptive warning in case some one either thinks it would be funny or actual thinks they are helping. Basically a warning to the very small percent who might do something dumb.

People are over-reacting to what she said, Nothing wrong with it. And if she wants to have a dig at the poor climate policies of the US, that was certainly a very low key way to do it.

How come nobody it bitching about the reporter who brought the whole thing up?

She is hardly debating this shit as you call it and why not mention it now? Not the time you say? During recovery ? No? Yes? When the weather is calm?

I totally agree with you mate. The counties climate policies are completely wrong. But like you said, the time to discuss all this is once the storm has passed and the dust has settled.

Does the winf stay like that till the hurricane passes away? I mean for hours at a stretch with no break inbetween??

Not sure mate. But, I would assume so. The winds have been like that in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale since last night from the time lapse videos that I saw. Am guessing that the wind speed just changes depending on the position of the hurricane.

I totally agree with you mate. The counties climate policies are completely wrong. But like you said, the time to discuss all this is once the storm has passed and the dust has settled.

Once the dust has settled, no one gives a feck any more. Just like they didn't about gun control after that school full of toddlers got butchered.

But 1). She did not say any of the things that initially got you upset. 2). She just answered a question about what was going on in the US right now. 3) She is not taking anything away from the victims or doing anything to hurt them. 4). You are worried about here mentioning climate change and it not being the time to discuss it, but you do feel it is the time to bring up and debate the misrepresented and misunderstood words of an actress. Wow, might be time to have a sit down with yourself and ask "Where did I go wrong in my thought process?"

From @chefdistilled Paul Menta of Key West First Legal Rum Incredible as they take the eyewall #Irma @NWSKeyWest

The amount of rain falling down. Jesus!!

Not seeing too many trees ripped up or cars being blown over which I'm assuming is a good sign

But 1). She did not say any of the things that initially got you upset. 2). She just answered a question about what was going on in the US right now. 3) She is not taking anything away from the victims or doing anything to hurt them. 4). You are worried about here mentioning climate change and it not being the time to discuss it, but you do feel it is the time to bring up and debate the misrepresented and misunderstood words of an actress. Wow, might be time to have a sit down with yourself and ask "Where did I go wrong in my thought process?"

No!! The current government stance on climate change is wrong! That isn't what I was debating and taking issue with! It was the fact that she was implying that this invisible omnipotent force (Mother Nature) was taking revenge on the innocent due to a government stance on climate issues! That is what I felt was wrong.

Your posts are overly aggressive and condescending and your starting to piss me off in a thread that's topic is more important than both of us arguing.

Your posts are overly aggressive and condescending and your starting to piss me off in a thread that's topic is more important than both of us arguing.

Please stop trying to win a silly argument by trying to take the moral high ground.

No mate, that would have obviously broken his arm! You gotta use common sense bro.

And you've got to apply some context bro.

The man got out of his car. I wasn't suggesting either option was intelligent, just that sticking an arm out would be less dangerous than getting out entirely.

But surely they can measure it using some maual equipment fixed somewhere rather than risk getting blown off?

Big monster isn't it?

Yeah man. 15 ft storm surges are being predicted. Am camped in front of the laptop checking for updates. Have a couple of friends down in Orlando and a cousin who is supposed to report to work at the hospital 40 miles from Tampa.

No!! The current government stance on climate change is wrong! That isn't what I was debating and taking issue with! It was the fact that she was implying that this invisible omnipotent force (Mother Nature) was taking revenge on the innocent due to a government stance on climate issues! That is what I felt was wrong.

Lol. You are too precious. You brought the subject up in a thread that you now claim is more important. perhaps next time actually engage your brain before watching Fox News reports and believing them.

The most annoying part if people that haven't evacuated the area and are taking pictures and surfing with comments like "legend" on fb. At the end of the day when they die it's gonna be a problem for the rescue workers. Probably didn't get attention as a child if theyre making videos about hat

They missed a trick not calling this one Ivanka. So many missed opportunities for great headlines.

"Ivanka blows her way through the Caribbean"

"Ivanka contradicts Trump's climate change denial"

"Ivanka confuses experts with direction change"

"Ivanka dumps her load all over Florida"

Meh!

In all seriousness though, I don't know if Ivanka has ever been used as a hurricane name before? They never use the same name twice if it's a big and destructive storm and retire the name after the storm has expired.

Nope, it hasn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_retired_Atlantic_hurricane_names

Last edited:
Didn't they report that these cranes were designed for up to 143mph winds... lessons learnt from Andrew.