The Hurricane Thread | Hurricane Francine

They are extremely heavy and have great big holes in them for the wind to pass through. One crane failed, no need to panic

I'm not panicking, I live in France. Very unlikely I'll need to be be dodging flying cranes.

Irma has pushed cloud cover all the way up to the Appalachian Mountains. From where I work, I can actually look north and see the end of the clouds.

We're 800+ miles away from Key West

They missed a trick not calling this one Ivanka. So many missed opportunities for great headlines.

"Ivanka blows her way through the Caribbean"

"Ivanka contradicts Trump's climate change denial"

"Ivanka confuses experts with direction change"

"Ivanka dumps her load all over Florida"

Meh!

In all seriousness though, I don't know if Ivanka has ever been used as a hurricane name before? They never use the same name twice if it's a big and destructive storm and retire the name after the storm has expired.

Nope, it hasn't.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_retired_Atlantic_hurricane_names

'Ivanka Trumps'

Seriously though it would have been better if it was called 'Donald Trump', it would be the ultimate troll from the meteorologist that discovered it.

Whatever her motivation, it was a very stupid thing to say at a time when millions of innocent people's lives and homes are at risk.

Nothing wrong with what she said. The reference to the hurricane was clearly a response to climate change and not Trump's election.

Whatever her motivation, it was a very stupid thing to say at a time when millions of innocent people's lives and homes are at risk.

I think this is really dumb, when media ask dumb celebrities about their thoughts and feelings on current events as if their dumb fecking brains who have barely finished high school have anything pertinent or worthwhile to say.

Then you compound the whole affair but taking issue and trying to create an argument over the fecking thoughts of a dumb celebrity.

If she wasn't a Hollywood actress, nobody would give a shit about her thoughts, and guess what - I still don't.

What :lol:? She said nothing wrong.

'Murica

Of course she said nothing wrong, just spoke truthfully, actor or not. Trump is no more to blame for climate change than any of the countless Presidents before him along with congressional 'leaders' who have done little to make it an important point of discussion - now, Trump just outright denies it but those before were doing very similar with less phony outrage

You'll notice no complaints from that poster about the actual President of the US trying to use Irma to push completely unrelated Tax Reform. But somehow he is upset about the words of an actress.

i know feck all about US politics, so why would I comment on tax reforms?

My issue was with a stupid celebrity insinuating that the hurricane is a result of pissing off Mother Nature.

Do I think that voting Trump as president was a stupid decision? Yes of course!

Do I think that climate change is a real issue? Yes of course I do.

I also think that anyone trying to capitalise on a situation by pushing their own agendas during such a crisis is a fecking arsehole.

'Murica

Of course she said nothing wrong, just spoke truthfully, actor or not. Trump is no more to blame for climate change than any of the countless Presidents before him along with congressional 'leaders' who have done little to make it an important point of discussion - now, Trump just outright denies it but those before were doing very similar with less phony outrage

i think that he will be forced into a re-think on that policy.

His stance is making him look an even bigger idiot than he already does.

I also think that anyone trying to capitalise on a situation by pushing their own agendas during such a crisis is a fecking arsehole.

If your agenda is 'We should really stop doing the thing that keeps causing these horrible disasters' then why would pushing that during a disaster make someone an asshole? Seriously, its the only time most people are remotely even interested, so you either do it then or not at all.

These journalists on CNN must be utterly fed up. We can see the storm is bad enough, no need to be stood out in it hour after hour.

They are all going to be taking a shit load of time off sick after this. That poor guy at the marina who has been getting battered for hours now, he looks like he can barely stand anymore. His legs must be nearly gone, brutal trying to stand upright against 90mph winds for hours on end. :lol: Feck, you have to laugh when you think of how stupid 24hr news coverage has got.

That looks rough as feck, especially considering it's the calmer side of the pan handle.

i know feck all about US politics, so why would I comment on tax reforms?

My issue was with a stupid celebrity insinuating that the hurricane is a result of pissing off Mother Nature.

Do I think that voting Trump as president was a stupid decision? Yes of course!

Do I think that climate change is a real issue? Yes of course I do.

Do you even have any comprehension skills? Did I ask you to comment on tax reform? No I did not. I mentioned Trump using the hurricane to push for tax reform, in other words him using the hurricane to push unrelated political issues. Something that should be far more offensive then the words of an actress.
I'll just put you on ignore because you seem incapable of understanding the written or spoken word.

If your agenda is 'We should really stop doing the thing that keeps causing these horrible disasters' then why would pushing that during a disaster make someone an asshole? Seriously, its the only time most people are remotely even interested, so you either do it then or not at all.

I was speaking more about the Trump tax comment JustaFan talked about.

If you're tired of CNN people standing in the rain this is a decent alternative:

(At least it's been decent the last ~2 hours, no guarantees)

B6SQKWpCYAAVilj.jpg

super funny

Posted earlier a bit misleading since there is a canal right there. But some areas of Miami have waist high water.

Alright thanks, I'll delete it then. Please edit your post too to remove the quote.

They are all going to be taking a shit load of time off sick after this. That poor guy at the marina who has been getting battered for hours now, he looks like he can barely stand anymore. His legs must be nearly gone, brutal trying to stand upright against 90mph winds for hours on end. :lol: Feck, you have to laugh when you think of how stupid 24hr news coverage has got.

That looks rough as feck, especially considering it's the calmer side of the pan handle.

It's supposed to be off the west cost. If Miami is getting that, how bad will it be on the east coast?

It's supposed to be off the west cost. If Miami is getting that, how bad will it be on the east coast?

It's going to be horrific in places, but thankfully the track it took skirting the Cuban coast means it's a lot less fierce than originally predicted and expected. It's still a huge monster of a storm, but it could have been so much worse, let's just hope it doesn't have any nasty surprises left and that everyone in it's path stays safe and sound.

The guy on NBC said the strongest effects will be to the north east of the eye.
Going through the west coast of Florida is probably a worse scenario than going through the east, close to Miami.

Feck! :eek:

Going through the west coast of Florida is probably a worse scenario than going through the east, close to Miami.

Yeah, it's going to hit Cuomo and Cooper on CNN pretty soon. Cuomo is starting to look more than a little worried as it's starting to get rancid where he is now, I think he needs to stop asking Chad Myers questions. :lol:

The state of Chris Cuomo :wenger: