The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Nah, might have done if I'd had a chance to assess the pool, by the sounds of it, it could be quite thin. But when you're carrying 3 sheep you need to grab as many as players as you can.
In a sense there are enough players to get out of a sheep if you go safer in 2nd and 3rd pick, but with a lot of money to be spent and only 2-3 outstanding players(in the positions I need) made it an easy decision.

I don't think it's that GK friendly round as well and I already picked one.

R8P1
R8P1:

P-Nut - FAIL
Moby - PASS
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Skizzo/Annah - PASS
Joga Bonito - PASS

Gio - FAIL
harms - PASS
DavidG - PASS
Tuppet - PASS

mazhar - FAIL (Ineligible pick)
Cal? - PASS
Pat_Mustard - PASS

crappy/Viva - FAIL
RedTiger/Peyroteo - PASS

Block list:

Garrincha, Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Taffarel, Shevchenko, Ronaldinho, Sammer, Weah, Zidane, Nedved, Di Stéfano, Rossi, Baresi, Cruyff, Costacurta.

Special Event 3
SPECIAL EVENT #3: Roger breaks the conch

For those who didn’t read it, “Lord of the Flies” is William Golding’s response to Robert Ballantyne’s Victorian “Coral Island”.

The latter is about a bunch of kids stranded in a desert island and how they apply themselves to create rules, institutions and accomplish an harmonious and enlightened society. Britannia, the white man’s burden and all that nonsense.

The former is a darker revisionist post-WWII view of the same situation with a different outcome: human nature eroding the initial order and everything descending into utter chaos and bloodshed once the symbol of Law & Order (The Conch) is destroyed by Roger, a psychopathic weirdo whose favourite pastime was destroying the sandcastles painstakingly constructed by the little’uns.

You are currently living in Coral Island, and this is meant to be Lord of the Flies.

We also notice there’s a worrying gap across squads which we can’t see narrowing unless you are armed with powerful tools to level up... or down. The final outcome will depend on your ability to strategise and execute effective guerrilla tactics.

You are all getting a POLYMORPH CARD

Conditions:

- One-time use, must be used before P3 deadline for this turn.

- All entries are secret and only the outcomes will be disclosed

- No player can be hit by it more than once. First come first served, if your target has been affected already tough shit… you can target someone else ;)

- Players can’t target themselves until the end of P2

Mechanics:

The card can turn a toad into a prince or a prince into a toad, so long as:

a) they share initials (first and last name, e.g. Ronaldo Luiz Nazario da Lima into Roland Nilsson, hint: wiki name for children can help spot what is a first surname).

b) the morphed-into unpicked and unblocked player has at least played at top division level (whatever it is called in that country).

So you can turn your sheep into goats or someone’s goat into a sheep.

Affected players (i.e. the original ones) rejoin the pool and are available for picking after this round.

Disclaimer: We accept no responsibility for what may happen. Your calls, your tactics, your outcomes.

Let the mindgames begin!

8929a-mind-games.gif

Shite that I can't turn klavan into Ruud krol or Raymond kopa. Some people lucked out with their sheep.

Is it like a steal? My sheep for someone elses GOAT and he joins my team instead? Or does it only work on unpicked and unblocked players?

Is it like a steal? My sheep for someone elses GOAT and he joins my team instead? Or does it only work on unpicked and unblocked players?
No, the GOAT goes back to the pool, not to your team

No, the GOAT goes back to the pool, not to your team
So basically if you turn your player, you can turn it only to those who are left in the pool (not picked and not blocked) and if you decide to turn somebody from the other teams he goes back into the pool?

So basically if you turn your player, you can turn it only to those who are left in the pool (not picked and not blocked) and if you decide to turn somebody from the other teams he goes back into the pool?

That has to be it

Even if I convert my sheep to a GOAT he just goes back to the pool?

I think so. Maybe I'm terribly wrong though. That "the morphed-into" bit is a little confusing (and I won't get a reading diploma)

That has to be it
aye, so probably more of a destructive card to put the GOAT's in some teams back in because from a quick glance I don't have a great player in mind sharing the initials with some of my players :(
I think so. Maybe I'm terribly wrong though. That "the morphed-into" bit is a little confusing (and I won't get a reading diploma)

I got that taken away couple of rounds ago I think

Affected players (i.e. the original ones) rejoin the pool and are available for picking after this round

Two possible scenarios - one you morph a GOAT into a sheep in another side.

The GOAT returns back to the pool whilst that manager (that you sabotaged) gets the sheep that he transformed into.

The other being you morph a sheep from your own side into a GOAT

The sheep goes back into the pool whilst you get the GOAT.

That's what I gathered from it.

The GOAT returns back to the pool whilst that manager (that you sabotaged) gets the sheep that he transformed into.

That's what it looks like, yes.

My only question is whether you can "upgrade" any player in your team, whether he's formally a sheep or not.

That's what it looks like, yes.

My only question is whether you can "upgrade" any player in your team, whether he's formally a sheep or not.

Nothing in the rules contradicts this so I'm sure its possible

@antohan Can you transform your own players even if they aren't sheep?
Any.
@antohan are we counting "van" etc.? So, is Diego van Maradona a DM or a DV?
No van, di, dos, etc.
Marry me @antohan So gutted I didn't have the time for this one.
Send pics
Even if I convert my sheep to a GOAT he just goes back to the pool?
Nope the original player goes back to the pool.

Correct.

Managers can only be hit once.

Can only use it on yourself after P2 reveal (else you can quickly make your players immune just morphing any of your own).

Interesting so the four fails now have a much larger pool.

I don't think it affects this round at all as the players will rejoin the pool in the next round(9).
Yeah, that was to avoid some numpty constantly trying variations of possible GOAT to SHEEP targets on his players to see if he could catch a released goat on the fly.

In the unlikely (?) event that two managers hit their own sheep and transform ‘em to the same GOAT - I presume that will count as a BLOCK? And a wasted opportunity (they don’t get to try something else)?

In the unlikely (?) event that two managers hit their own sheep and transform ‘em to the same GOAT - I presume that will count as a BLOCK? And a wasted opportunity (they don’t get to try something else)?

First come first served. Second fails and can try again.