The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

First come first served. Second fails and can try again.

Right 'o.

I was about to accuse you of softness again, but yeah - I can see the logic there: If you want to do something about the balance/boost the struggling teams, then it makes sense people get a proper chance to grab something from the (bonus) round.

We don't have to submit anything until the 11pm deadline tonight do we?
Read up. Special event. It is first come first served so if you leave it late you may find it hard to do anything at all.

21 managers and 21 cards, all of them will be affected. The last one may well have to attempt a hit on 20 managers before being successful.

Read up. Special event. It is first come first served so if you leave it late you may find it hard to do anything at all.

21 managers and 21 cards, all of them will be affected. The last one may well have to attempt a hit on 20 managers before being successful.

Ah okay. i'll get on it soon.

I don't think it affects this round at all as the players will rejoin the pool in the next round(9).

Basically the pool now for this criteria is not just Players that meet the criteria but any player that shares initials with any player that meets the criteria because you can select p2 then turn them into whatever player you want.

There are actually a lot of random players that meet the criteria so some of them probably share initials with some great players, just have to research it.

How so? Surely we can move to p3 with the 11pm deadline still in place. It's that one that will have to get stuck to isn't it?
No, P2 we have to stick to. If it's ALL done and dusted we can bring forward P3.

Basically the pool now for this criteria is not just Players that meet the criteria but any player that shares initials with any player that meets the criteria because you can select p2 then turn them into whatever player you want.

There are actually a lot of random players that meet the criteria so some of them probably share initials with some great players, just have to research it.

Players picked in this round should be excluded from the special round task. Otherwise it is unfair on those who passed this round in my opinion.

Also these players have the advantage of a wider pool of players to use and have full knowledge of the passed player squads and can predict who they are going to pick whereas we are unaware of who they have picked this round.

feck off Ralph (Ralph is the nice chap trying to make it all better for everyone)

From a certain (and very plausible) perspective you haven't properly landed a player until the updated squads have been posted at the end of the round.

So - based on that - you can't pick Laughably Mediocre in P2, transform him into Lothar Messadona, and be golden. Because Laughably Mediocre isn't a formal member of your team until he has been confirmed as such (after P3).

Anyway, the point here is obviously that if what’s proposed above can actually be done, it’s...well, far too easy. You can cherry pick a no-mark who shares the initials of a GOAT, basically, with zero effort.

As a (pretty drastic, granted, but still) means to improve weak teams - sure. But in theory this method can be used by managers whose teams are among the stronger to begin with.

Last edited:
What happens if we hypothetically took Maradona, but Bepo converts him in to a sheep? Do we get a sheep then or will we get Maradona?

i like how everyone uses Maradona as an example....

What happens if we hypothetically took Maradona, but Bepo converts him in to a sheep? Do we get a sheep then or will we get Maradona?

I don't think you can take an already picked or blocked player, just convert him into a sheep. So if Sjor has already converted him into a sheep, you'd have to change another player instead.

I don't think you can take an already picked or blocked player, just convert him into a sheep. So if Sjor has already converted him into a sheep, you'd have to change another player instead.

Just wanted to mention Maradona as well.

You can't take Maradona mate. If you target Maradona and convert him to sheep, the real Maradona goes back to the pool in round 9. You get nothing and Bepo gets the sheep that you swapped Maradona with.

People who have big budgets and many cards left would now have a huge advantage in next rounds after many goats are back in the mix.

People who have big budgets and many cards left would now have a huge advantage in next rounds after many goats are back in the mix.

Yes. We'll end up being screwed over by rich cnuts - just like the real world.

Oh, I thought that like with every other round you can waste your card by choosing wrong. Feck, I'm losing one of my guys :(

You are still not understanding this YOU DON'T GET THE OTHER GUY'S PLAYER

He goes back into the pool

Not liking the last couple rounds.. I also don't like that those who failed R8P1 get an advantage with the new card. Just putting it out there.

I also don't like that those who failed R8P1 get an advantage with the new card. Just putting it out there.

You don't mean that the cherry picking initials method (see above) is legit? That's outrageous if so. I'll get on the phone to my lawyer straight away.

[Never should have hired anto as my lawyer, come to think of it...]

You don't mean that the cherry picking initials method (see above) is legit? That's outrageous if so. I'll get on the phone to my lawyer straight away.

Yeah. We have the same lawyer.

It's just you bunch of idiots spoilering things.

Crisis averted though.

Query.

In theory can I sign Alex Cropley now and then, subject to getting my pick in on time, get Zico in the special ?

Because Zico is Artur Antunes Coimbra.

Law 101: what you don't say is often as important as what you do say.

Would have been funny though if he picked Alex Cropley only to find he could no longer morph him :lol:

Last edited: