The big summer clear out & the funds raised.

United still have so many players to sell and so many to buy. I can't see us fulfilling our ideal summer with just a month left of the window.

If you are only able to sell two and buy two, which players/positions are you prioritising?

United still have so many players to sell and so many to buy. I can't see us fulfilling our ideal summer with just a month left of the window.

If you are only able to sell two and buy two, which players/positions are you prioritising?

Sell Lindelof
Buy De Ligt

Sell Sancho
Buy Ugarte

Surprised we can't get even 5 quid each for the likes of Pellestri & Mejbri. Panathinaikos, Rangers etc. aren't going to give us a whole lot. I think Mejbri's is only mentioned as a loan to Rangers...so, we'll probably be paying half his wages too.

Feels like everyone in football is in the same position though right now...

Who has done a bunch more business than us so far out of the bigger clubs? Trying to think

See that Chong has been linked with a move from Luton. If Birmingham included a sell-on then we should get 25% of whatever they receive. Not that it'll be much, but it all helps!

Feels like everyone in football is in the same position though right now...

Who has done a bunch more business than us so far out of the bigger clubs? Trying to think
I don’t think any. Maybe city if you include signings from their own feeder teams. And for avoidance of doubt I’m not complaining either. The new team hasn’t even been together for 3 weeks yet. Just think there’s too much to do in such a short time and we might need to prioritise what’s most important for this summer.

I don’t think any. Maybe city if you include signings from their own feeder teams. And for avoidance of doubt I’m not complaining either. The new team hasn’t even been together for 3 weeks yet. Just think there’s too much to do in such a short time and we might need to prioritise what’s most important for this summer.

My guess is 3 more incoming. Not sure on sales outside of AWB though.

The focus is clearly on outs atm, as they unlock the signings.

Sell Casemiro and we can sign Ugarte
Sell McTominay/Eriksen and we can sign Fofana/Rabiot
Sell AWB and we can sign Mazraoui
Sell Lindelof and we can sign De Ligt
Sell Sancho and we can get a RW

Somewhere amongst that, we're looking at Amrabat as a CDM backup, and a left back/LCB that can cover Shaw and Martinez. My vote would be for David Hancko/Hincapie at Leverkusen. Would easily kill two birds with one stone. Also Pellestri will surely be sold.

Hojlund
Zirkzee

Garnacho Fernandes New RW
Rashford Mount Diallo

Ugarte Mainoo
Amrabat Fofana/Rabiot

Hancko Martinez De Ligt Dalot
Shaw Hancko Yoro Mazraoui

Onana
Altay

Squad players
Hannibal
Eriksen/McTominay
Maguire
Malacia
Reserve GK

I would more than take that if that's the 26/27 man squad that starts this season.

Possibly belongs in the weird feelings about football thread but I really do feel like the whole football world conspires against us to make things as difficult as possible. Buy our players ffs.

Wasn't this supposed ti be a big week? Nothing happening
I'm impatient especially with injuries to Højlund and Yoro without updates

Apparently we've got all our ducks lined up in a row in terms of purchases, but of course, it's dependent upon sales first, which we're notoriously absolute shite at making happen, and even then, usually at some awful cut price.

If we're waiting on sales to get our next purchases over the line, it's going to be a long month.

Apparently we've got all our ducks lined up in a row in terms of purchases, but of course, it's dependent upon sales first, which we're notoriously absolute shite at making happen, and even then, usually at some awful cut price.

If we're waiting on sales to get our next purchases over the line, it's going to be a long month.

Think it's less on "making it happen" and moreso the fact that majority of those for sale are tripe or horrendously overpaid. If you're another club looking at a United player that's been crap for 2 seasons and on huge wages, it can be a tough ask to take a flyer on him in hopes he turns it around

Think it's less on "making it happen" and moreso the fact that majority of those for sale are tripe or horrendously overpaid. If you're another club looking at a United player that's been crap for 2 seasons and on huge wages, it can be a tough ask to take a flyer on him in hopes he turns it around

Ain't that the truth, brother.

For a club with Satan on our badge, we don't get any favours from him do we? :mad:

The focus is clearly on outs atm, as they unlock the signings.

Sell Casemiro and we can sign Ugarte
Sell McTominay/Eriksen and we can sign Fofana/Rabiot
Sell AWB and we can sign Mazraoui
Sell Lindelof and we can sign De Ligt
Sell Sancho and we can get a RW

Somewhere amongst that, we're looking at Amrabat as a CDM backup, and a left back/LCB that can cover Shaw and Martinez. My vote would be for David Hancko/Hincapie at Leverkusen. Would easily kill two birds with one stone. Also Pellestri will surely be sold.

Hojlund
Zirkzee

Garnacho Fernandes New RW
Rashford Mount Diallo

Ugarte Mainoo
Amrabat Fofana/Rabiot

Hancko Martinez De Ligt Dalot
Shaw Hancko Yoro Mazraoui

Onana
Altay

Squad players
Hannibal
Eriksen/McTominay
Maguire
Malacia
Reserve GK

I would more than take that if that's the 26/27 man squad that starts this season.

You expect us to sign 10 players?

EDIT: Apologies, 9

Ain't that the truth, brother.

For a club with Satan on our badge, we don't get any favours from him do we? :mad:
Think we'll see a good change in this in the next 3 to 4 years given our new strategy. Players like Yoro/Zirkzee/Ugarte etc. even if not being huge successes here will be far more sellable given the age profile and far lower wages they'll be on. It's why I don't mind spending a bit more for top young prospects that aren't as proven, as opposed to trying to lure some big fish that'll blow our budget and potentially be an anchor on us trying to move him on if he doesn't work out.

Yeah horrendously overpaid is exactly why we aren't able to move on players much easier

Not quite the big clearout some of us had hoped for so far. Possibly going into another season with Casemiro, Rashford, Antony, McTom, Sancho almost feels like a few steps backwards.

Hopefully something big will happen soon too change things.

Not quite the big clearout some of us had hoped for so far. Possibly going into another season with Casemiro, Eriksen, Rashford, Antony, McTom, Sancho almost feels like a few steps backwards.

McT and Sancho are the only likely outgoings from that list.

Not quite the big clearout some of us had hoped for so far. Possibly going into another season with Casemiro, Rashford, Antony, McTom, Sancho almost feels like a few steps backwards.

We always knew sales would be the biggest issue

Lindelof and Malacia are deadwood.
Maguire, Casemiro, Antony, Eriksen and Sancho need to go asap.
AWB, Shaw, McTominay, Sancho and Rashford should be let go IF we get good money for them.

The rest we should keep and build on.

We're better than we were when Ole first came in. But still have about 10 players that I'd like us to move on if possible and replace. I expect it takes this summer, January and next summer to get to the point that we don't have any players that are deadwood or need to go asap.

Malacia isn't deadwood. Lindelöf's future should depend on the type of CB we want to bring in.

Maguire should stay.

He can't play for Manchester United again. Ever. Why would anyone willingly pay you anything for a player you need to be rid of??? He'll leave on a free or on loan. If you so much as manage to get a 1M compensation package for him you should canonize your negotiators
Kindly be the first one to "canonize" our negotiatiors lad

10 days to go before the Community shield and 16 days to go for the season opener and seems like things have come to a grinding halt. Our most important players haven't come back from their breaks yet and one of the two signings will likely be out for a few weeks at least. Not the ideal prep for the season you want.

Hopefully, we'll some movement both in terms of incomings and outgoings in the next 4-5 days.

First, we need to replace all first team players that has left the team this summer:
Varane gone - replaced by Yoro
Martial gone - replaced by Zirkwee
Amrabat gone - replacement is pending, ideally this is someone that starts from day 1

Then we have to upgrade on other positions:
AWB or Malacia - we need to upgrade the RB or LB position to create proper competition for Dalot and/or Shaw
McTominay or Eriksen - we need a proper CM that will start and directly compete with Mainoo
Lindelof or Maguire - we need a starting CB that can start next to Martinez and/or compete directly with Martienz and Yoro.
Casemiro - we need a second DM to compete with the first DM and also to give us the possibility to play 2 DMs when needed / relevant

Bonus
If we can get in some cash for some of Mejbri, Pellisdtri, Sancho and/or Antony then an attacking player to compete on the wings would be more than welcome, or use the cash from here to support some of the above acquisitions

First, we need to replace all first team players that has left the team this summer:
Varane gone - replaced by Yoro
Martial gone - replaced by Zirkwee
Amrabat gone - replacement is pending, ideally this is someone that starts from day 1

Then we have to upgrade on other positions:
AWB or Malacia - we need to upgrade the RB or LB position to create proper competition for Dalot and/or Shaw
McTominay or Eriksen - we need a proper CM that will start and directly compete with Mainoo
Lindelof or Maguire - we need a starting CB that can start next to Martinez and/or compete directly with Martienz and Yoro.
Casemiro - we need a second DM to compete with the first DM and also to give us the possibility to play 2 DMs when needed / relevant

Bonus
If we can get in some cash for some of Mejbri, Pellisdtri, Sancho and/or Antony then an attacking player to compete on the wings would be more than welcome, or use the cash from here to support some of the above acquisitions
The answer to all of that seems to be Ugarte, De ligt, Mazraoui and possible return of amrabat.

Whether we get all of that over the line remains to be seen. If we do, I do not see us doing any other business this summer.

AWB looks close to gone, though Im not convinced the replacement is an upgrade.

The next most obvious candidate to sell is Sancho. We have decent wide options and he can still get a decent fee. Lindelof too is unlikely to play, so some combination of Sancho, Lindelof, Hannibal, Eriksen, and Pellistri will surely be enough to fund de ligt and part of a DM. If we dont sign a DM this season will be no different to last

The huge shame so far this summer is that Saudi failed to deliver on Casemiro and Sancho is still at the club.

Was hoping for much better in terms of shifting players. Watching Maguire come out with "I've not been told anything about not being part of it", Eriksen "Why not stay another year, I want to play but it's a nice club" and Lindelof entering his eight season.

Lot of work to do - Case, Sancho, Antony, Lindelof, AWB, Harry & McTom - all need shifting. But I doubt any of them will go. All look comfortable with that sweet weekly paycheck. Maybe Sancho will leave on loan. Don't know about the rest. Don't know why AWB played almost the entire game if he is "close" to West Ham.