Tennis 2024

Isn't he supposed to be best on clay though? Due to his lightning speed he can take advantage of the slower surface.
I'd argue it's all relative to other players. Generally I think he's better on clay than on grass courts, but there are more players playing at a higher level on clay than on grass.

Hard courts it's probably closer for me but even looking at his titles, there's not much in it. As it stands there's a bit of a question over how good he is on indoors hard courts.

This is some turnaround for Novak since Wimbledon. His court coverage and mobility is night and day.

Djokovic wants this done in straight sets. Let's see if Alcaraz can withstand the pressure.

Troicki in Novak's box? I seem to remember that face from those funny yt compilations with funny meltdowns in tennis.

I'm not sure if it's just Alcaraz's career trajectory to get even more aggressive and treat games like an exhibition or it's just the buzz of the Olympics, this game has been wild and a lot of fun since the counter is Novak taking it deadly serious.

You have to wonder what everyone else on tour, except possibly Sinner, is thinking.

Alcaraz just loves it :lol:

We need to get him on a court with that Iranian doubles guy who also just loved it.

Poor return game from Carlos that when he had scoreboard pressure to apply.

Novak of 2-3 years would still easily dominate this field. He's too good when motivated even at 37.

And there was me thinking Djokovic had no intention of hitting winners and just pushing his way to the gold, unreal strike that one!

Novak has been amazing but this has been an extremely poor returning performance from Carlos.

Just GOAT things. Great match. Poor second tie break from Alcaraz but he'll get his gold someday.

History made for Djokovic!! First Olympic medal and first gold medal!

So glad he finally did it. Fully deserved, the best tennis player of our time.

A Golden Slam for Nole. Joins Agassi and Nadal (who is missing the Tour Finals though).

Well deserved.

Never seen Djokovic look so emotional after a victory. Given it was his last shot, probably made all the difference.

I'm not usually a Novak fan, but that's a fantastic ending for him. Havent seen him this happy in about 10 years either.

Some of those points in that tie break, absolutely mental. Just so determined to win today.

Flawless stuff from Djoko, in never miss mode and playing the big points so well, served incredibly. Short format favoured him and he was unbelievably dialled in. Great way to win the Gold and really typifies his career.

He may as well retire. It won't get any better than this
I think he's not going to care about anything else for the rest of the year. His motivation levels all tournament have been levels above what they have been all year.