Tennis 2024

Well played Alcaraz. Did very well there to shake off the choke serving for the match.

Does it this time!! Congrats, Carlos. Hope this is not the only Spanish win tonight!

Dude should win the Olympic Gold and US and just retire in my opinion. feck chasing longevity goals, do it Bjorn Borg style.

Roland Garros and Wimbledon winner.

US Open and Australian Open next. His best surface.

Barring injury, Carlos has the ability to do a thing here

He's the most naturally talented player I've ever seen and it's not particularly close either. Technically and physically for sure, and given his 4 GS wins and unblemished record in 5 setters, at his age, possibly mentally as well

Just unreal

Feels like that could have been Djoko’s final slam final. He had a free run at it but when finally tested, he came well short.

Not the final I was expecting. Alcaraz just way too good and way too consistent to give Novak anything. A couple of wobbly bits in the third set but not enough to let Djokovic back in. If fully fit and fully match conditioned maybe he could have got somewhere, but not today.

Brilliant from Carlos.

Clay is comfortably his best surface, thus his insane relief at winning the RG, he put so much pressure on himself.... and I'd dare say it's hard to claim he's better on hard than grass at this point too, even if there could be a debate on it. He's simply suspect to any of the top 4-6 on hards really, but this win should propel his 'aura' to make that tougher for any opponent.

Think he will try again next year, as he will always wonder if it was the knee injury

He spoke really well

We also really need Sinner and Carlos to be Top 2 seeds and only meet in finals going forward. Feel like that's the real blockbuster final to want now.

Achieving RG and Wimbledon in the same year at 21 is crazy, if he were to go on to win the US and then Aus that would be bonkers. Speaks to the sheer ridiculousness of Djokovic's records though that he's previously held all slams at the same time.

Please for the love of all that is holy, USO, make sure to have Sinner and Alcaraz on different sides of the bracket

Sincerely,
Everybody with any interest in watching your tournament

Even if Sinner and Alcaraz are separated, you know you ain't getting them in the final anyway. While they can certainly make Novak look mortal, they struggle far more with the rest of the top 10 than he does at the moment.... though Alcaraz not entering the hard court swing with 4 Slams and an absolutely destruction of Novak might alter this.

Alcaraz may win 30 slams. Sinner aside, there is no competition.

Exactly why I want them to return to retiring early instead. The GOAT conversation shouldn't be about longevity feats, but actual context of your performances over x amount of years. What we gonna do when someone ages so well they win 40 slams over a 40 year span simply winning 1 a year, but it's 16 more than Novak who won 24 in 15 years :lol: